Steve Johnson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:So far Steve Johnson has had his car impounded for 48 Hours under hoon Legislation (being Wed Night when he got caught would mean that he won't get it back till Monday morning as the pound only works office hrs and his time is up after closing on Fri).

Also, above and beyond a simple speeding fine he is looking at either "Speed Dangerous" or even "Conduct Endangering Life" as he was more than 45KP/H over the limit. The CEL alone carries a maximum of 12 years jail. I think you can safely say that the boy is in a fair bit of trouble, with or without Footy Club sanctions. Lets hope he learns !!
No he should go free because other people have broken the law too.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Eastern wrote:So far Steve Johnson has had his car impounded for 48 Hours under hoon Legislation (being Wed Night when he got caught would mean that he won't get it back till Monday morning as the pound only works office hrs and his time is up after closing on Fri).

Also, above and beyond a simple speeding fine he is looking at either "Speed Dangerous" or even "Conduct Endangering Life" as he was more than 45KP/H over the limit. The CEL alone carries a maximum of 12 years jail. I think you can safely say that the boy is in a fair bit of trouble, with or without Footy Club sanctions. Lets hope he learns !!
No he should go free because other people have broken the law too.
No he should be treated as everyone else is and not any different like people on here think.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: No he should be treated as everyone else is

Ok now we agree.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
StSteven
Club Player

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh....Fraser G!.........

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

this brings into play the same tired old bullshyte deate about footballers being role models, what a load of crap.

he broke the law, and the law may deal with him in a manner which will punish him for what he was (caught) doing.

he should not be punished by the girlong footbal club..

in september last year i managed to get myself into a shitload of trouble on the road, i lost all my 5 demerit points at the 1 time and i am now on probation for 12 months, i wasnt speeding anywhere near as highly as johnson, but i still managed to get caught a long way over the speed limit, as well as breaking another road rule at the same time (trust me i regret it now), however my point is:

i was not punished by my employer, and nor should have i been, this should also apply to johnson. the fact that this s*** makes the news proves how slown news moves in our state :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

There are reasons for Geelong to punish Johnson.

1. Their own corporate profile, for sponsors and members.
2. To stop any lifestyle change on the behalf of SJ, in case it becomes habitual and ends in either a downward trend in performance, or point 1 is affected further.
3. s***s and Giggles.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Well I hate to be so simple about it but a lot of footballers aren't the smartest guys going around, so when they get all this attention and money thrown at them they can get a bit ahead of themselves, don't you think that their club has some responsibility to look after them and try to turn them into good people as well as good footballers, i would be disappointed if St.Kilda weren't doing something to make sure our players knew how good they had it and that they need to appreciate it aswell as being prepared for a life outside of football...

Johnson has failed time and time again, the guy is an idiot, I can't say that Geelong are in the wrong because I don't know, they may have done everythin right and Johnson is just a tosser, however I would imagine that they are not doing what is in the best interest of him...

On a side note I also believe that road rules need to get a hell of a lot stricter, bigger punishments is the way to go IMO, not more restrictions on P platers... IMO if you go 40 kms over the limit = automatic jail time, too many people die needlessly on the roads and it's absolute d**kheads like Steve Johnson that are putting all of our lives in their hands, if it was A saints player I would say the same thing, I would still cheer for them every time they put on a St.Kilda jumper however I would still hope that they get what they deserve...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

He'll be punished enough by the law. Why should Geelong punish him?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:He'll be punished enough by the law. Why should Geelong punish him?
because this is saintsational....where the opposition player can be punished for shitting in their own toilet :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Well I hate to be so simple about it but a lot of footballers aren't the smartest guys going around, so when they get all this attention and money thrown at them they can get a bit ahead of themselves, don't you think that their club has some responsibility to look after them and try to turn them into good people as well as good footballers, i would be disappointed if St.Kilda weren't doing something to make sure our players knew how good they had it and that they need to appreciate it aswell as being prepared for a life outside of football...

Johnson has failed time and time again, the guy is an idiot, I can't say that Geelong are in the wrong because I don't know, they may have done everythin right and Johnson is just a tosser, however I would imagine that they are not doing what is in the best interest of him...

On a side note I also believe that road rules need to get a hell of a lot stricter, bigger punishments is the way to go IMO, not more restrictions on P platers... IMO if you go 40 kms over the limit = automatic jail time, too many people die needlessly on the roads and it's absolute d**kheads like Steve Johnson that are putting all of our lives in their hands, if it was A saints player I would say the same thing, I would still cheer for them every time they put on a St.Kilda jumper however I would still hope that they get what they deserve...
Firstly do you know what Geelong are doing. I doubt it. Secondly go to jail for 40 km over the limit. How many jails do you think we have.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Well I hate to be so simple about it but a lot of footballers aren't the smartest guys going around, so when they get all this attention and money thrown at them they can get a bit ahead of themselves, don't you think that their club has some responsibility to look after them and try to turn them into good people as well as good footballers, i would be disappointed if St.Kilda weren't doing something to make sure our players knew how good they had it and that they need to appreciate it aswell as being prepared for a life outside of football...

agree whole heartly, and added to that just make sure that cars are not able to go over 110 km/hr and if people modify their cars and drive over 110 then put them in jail. I don't think people relise that they are driving a big metal object at speed that can kill people. You do that in any other situation and it would be called crazy!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

agree whole heartly, and added to that just make sure that cars are not able to go over 110 km/hr and if people modify their cars and drive over 110 then put them in jail. I don't think people relise that they are driving a big metal object at speed that can kill people. You do that in any other situation and it would be called crazy!
Then so should every person who drinks and drives, people who go through stop signs etc etc. How many jails would we need. Better education is the answer not jailing every person who breaks a law.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Just like guns, we should do away with cars totally if people are so irresponsible with them. Those killing machines.

While we are at it, ban alchohol....dangerous whilst drinking. Ban smoking - it kills ya.

I tell you, this country will be a much better place without guns, cars, knives (use a splade), alcohol, cigarettes and fatty foods.

Ban em all I say.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote: Johnson has failed time and time again, the guy is an idiot, I can't say that Geelong are in the wrong because I don't know, they may have done everythin right and Johnson is just a tosser, however I would imagine that they are not doing what is in the best interest of him...
Firstly do you know what Geelong are doing. I doubt it. Secondly go to jail for 40 km over the limit. How many jails do you think we have.
I said I don't know so I can't say, I merely speculated it, I wasn't stating it as fact, I do wonder sometimes whether you have an opinion on anything or whether you just argue for the sake of it...

If you don't believe that driving 40km over the speed limit is incredibly serious then there must be something wrong with you, 90km in a 50 zone, what if a little kid steps on the road to get their ball?

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Then so should every person who drinks and drives, people who go through stop signs etc etc. How many jails would we need. Better education is the answer not jailing every person who breaks a law.
Better education? how are we going to do that?, I'm pretty sure that people know when they are going so far over the speed limit there is a chance someone will get hurt...
And what are you talking about jailing every person who breaks a law? does everybody who speeds go 40km over the limit?, we need to be tougher on the road, I am clearly not going to get through to you, so I will just stop trying, I would just like to know how you would feel about people like Steve Johnson if one of your close loved ones were hit by some d**khead revhead...

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:He'll be punished enough by the law. Why should Geelong punish him?
Because he is in a "profile" position....

I got a 'double' penalty because I was in the armed forces and I will guarantee that I would cop more, being in the police force...

Wake UP and look around FFS!

He should cop more, and he will!!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote: Johnson has failed time and time again, the guy is an idiot, I can't say that Geelong are in the wrong because I don't know, they may have done everythin right and Johnson is just a tosser, however I would imagine that they are not doing what is in the best interest of him...
I said I don't know so I can't say, I merely speculated it, I wasn't stating it as fact, I do wonder sometimes whether you have an opinion on anything or whether you just argue for the sake of it...

If you don't believe that driving 40km over the speed limit is incredibly serious then there must be something wrong with you, 90km in a 50 zone, what if a little kid steps on the road to get their ball?
I will argue when the comments make no sense and giving someone jail time for going 40km over the limit makes no sense as we would need many more jails because you would have to jail every drink driver as well as that is even more dangerous. You would also have to jail people going through red lights because that is just as dangerous. I hope you never do any of those things when driving. Educate people dont jail them. No wonder we are called the nanny state.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

50 hours of road trauma education over the next 2 years.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:50 hours of road trauma education over the next 2 years.
too much imo..i hate geelong, and stve johnson is a smug prick but he has done something that will receive punishment from the law, and geelong football club should not intervene as any other employer would not punish them further.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
too much imo...
I agree- over too much time- 1 hour per fortnight over two years, do it over 6 mths so he can folow the affect of trauma on one person- over two eyars will ahve no effect.

I think ALL those who are over a certain level- he was 78km over should visit a crash scene like the paramedics had to go to today,- especially repeat offenders,

there is a differance between 1-10 km over and and 70+ km over.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
too much imo...
I agree- over too much time- 1 hour per fortnight over two years, do it over 6 mths so he can folow the affect of trauma on one person- over two eyars will ahve no effect.

I think ALL those who are over a certain level- he was 78km over should visit a crash scene like the paramedics had to go to today,- especially repeat offenders,

there is a differance between 1-10 km over and and 70+ km over.
if the law does not make him do this, why should he be made to because he pays for geelong. if it is commonplace for a person in the general public to receive this same treatment then fair enough, but if it is an extra because of his public profile it is bullshyte.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

hence the use of the ALL- not just Steve- but more that in general offenders who are that far over should see first hand, and not be able to claim ' mental incapacity'- ie if you can drive a car at 255km and claim incapacity then maybe- ok don't know all circumstances BUT should they even have a licence?

Ok maybe NOT up to employer and no space to lock them all up BUT let them see what could happen.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Geelong don't HAVE to, but if they cared about the well being of one of their players they should take these extra measures, these measurements are for his own good aswell the general safety of the roads...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Johnno has had the well used "We will take a hard line on a player subject him not being in our best 22" rule applied.

This rule is favourite of most if not all AFL clubs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Trevor Grant wrote a heart tugging, gut wrenching article about his stepson 'Mitch", killed by a hoon driver. His article was really moving and just gives you an idea of how families are torn apart by one silly mistake.This article was written in the Sun and it really sent home a message as we have two teenagers and one in last year of primary school. Our laws need to be tougher and maybe we should resort to American style Law, for example, Lindsay Lohan was caught drink driving and part of her Community Service is to visit the morgue and view autopsy's on road victims. Now wouldn't that just send a message.