aaron's ex calls in police

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

aaron's ex calls in police

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

Michael Warner

January 26, 2008 12:00am
POLICE are investigating former AFL star Aaron Hamill over an ugly split with the mother of his one-year-old child.

South African-born Roxanne Amatruda has claimed to police that she has been threatened by the former Carlton and St Kilda player.

Ms Amatruda, who gave birth to their daughter in late 2006, confirmed she had spoken to Brighton detectives about threats made against her and her family.

It is understood Ms Amatruda alleged she had been threatened during a heated telephone call with Hamill on Thursday.

She immediately reported the matter in person at Brighton police station.

Yesterday a shaken Ms Amatruda confirmed that she had made a report to police.

"I won't be threatened by anyone," the Brighton jeweller told the Herald Sun.

She revealed her two-year relationship with the recently retired Hamill was over.

But Ms Amatruda refused to confirm reports that she had been threatened by Hamill over sensitive information she had been told about his private life.

"That's not for me to say," she said.

"I've called the relationship off. My responsibility is to look after my children. Things happen and we soldier on."

Hamill did not return calls yesterday.

Relations between the couple are believed to have cooled since a degenerative knee injury ended Hamill's 190-game career last October.

The bustling forward was sidelined for the entire 2007 season and played just nine games in 2006.

Until his retirement, Hamill was one of Australia's top-paid sportsmen, earning more than $600,000 a year.

He joined the Saints in 2001 after five seasons with the Blues.

He finished third in the best-and-fairest in his first year at Moorabbin and captained the club in 2003.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

what a nasty little story from a nasty little reporter

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Totally agree stinger, a grubby story borne out of one phone call it appears.

I still remember, however, the chortling and hi-fiving that went on in here when the Whitnall family saga hit the front pages. No "grubby media" accusations there. It was Carlton, not St Kilda, so therefore the rules change it seems??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:I still remember, however, the chortling and hi-fiving that went on in here when the Whitnall family saga hit the front pages. No "grubby media" accusations there. It was Carlton, not St Kilda, so therefore the rules change it seems??
You beat me to this post 66. Not so funny when its a domestic that involves one of our (ex) own is it now?

Hopefully those who are "up in arms" about this story haven't been throwing stones in the Whitnalls' direction.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Totally agree stinger, a grubby story borne out of one phone call it appears.

I still remember, however, the chortling and hi-fiving that went on in here when the Whitnall family saga hit the front pages. No "grubby media" accusations there. It was Carlton, not St Kilda, so therefore the rules change it seems??
Well said.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

What has this got to do with footy?

U guys are only fuelling the argument by posting this crap

Really!

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:What has this got to do with footy?

U guys are only fuelling the argument by posting this crap

Really!
I think the point we're trying to make is the great divide between "incidents" involving players/ ex players at our Club against other Clubs, and how they're portrayed on this Forum.

Carl Mynott
Club Player

Hamill is an ex Carlton player,therefore,he's fair game....

:D

The more things change the more they stay the same
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
saint66au wrote:I still remember, however, the chortling and hi-fiving that went on in here when the Whitnall family saga hit the front pages. No "grubby media" accusations there. It was Carlton, not St Kilda, so therefore the rules change it seems??
You beat me to this post 66. Not so funny when its a domestic that involves one of our (ex) own is it now?

Hopefully those who are "up in arms" about this story haven't been throwing stones in the Whitnalls' direction.
Amen to that.

Kicking other clubs in circumstances like the above doesn't make you more of a supporter, nor indicate your passion for the cause.

It just shows you can't seperate loyalty from reason, and apply it blindly.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

well put guys
the thing is footballers are people as well and sometimes crappy things happen to people familys are strange fights happen emotions get out of hand . the fact its a footballer brings it to the media . as for stinger finding glee in Lances misfortune and then not seeing the irony in this situation explains a heck of alot about himself doesnt it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

non event, anyway an interesting story on this thread about Milney.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 465&page=4

saintm
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:non event, anyway an interesting story on this thread about Milney.
Was obviously interesting enough to get deleted.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:
The Fireman wrote:non event, anyway an interesting story on this thread about Milney.
hmm sorry about that.

A poster said he knew the girls that were involved in the Milne Montagna saga and that one of them concocted the rape allegation because she had been jilted by Milne.
The poster was Sirjimi05

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:well put guys
the thing is footballers are people as well and sometimes crappy things happen to people familys are strange fights happen emotions get out of hand . the fact its a footballer brings it to the media . as for stinger finding glee in Lances misfortune and then not seeing the irony in this situation explains a heck of alot about himself doesnt it
you really are a little creep aren't you...what i took exception to is the innuendo in the report....the reference to sammy's private life...not surprised that that would go over your head..... :evil:

big difference to reporting on the trailer trash from craptus oval and their family fights.....anyway show me where i found any glee in that a-w...

saintm
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
saintm wrote:
hmm sorry about that.

A poster said he knew the girls that were involved in the Milne Montagna saga and that one of them concocted the rape allegation because she had been jilted by Milne.
The poster was Sirjimi05
Not your fault - tends to be the fate of "controversial" (for want of a better word) threads!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Carl Mynott wrote:Hamill is an ex Carlton player,therefore,he's fair game....

:D
how true, and given he played under 100 games for us and Carlton and doesn't have a son all is sweet!

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote: A poster said he knew the girls that were involved in the Milne Montagna saga and that one of them concocted the rape allegation because she had been jilted by Milne.
The poster was Sirjimi05
WOAH!!!!!!!!!

Probably not the sort of thing you'd want to repeat.
That said...it's the Internet, no matter how much we all might think we are bound to laws of defamation, we can post anything we want here and won't suffer any consequence.

If anyone on saintsational can prove me wrong, go ahead.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

If you read between the lines the relationship started to sour after Hamill retired from football. There is your story. Sammy is no longer a football player so no more nice functions or photo ops for the girlfriend.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
GrumpyOne

B W and R all over wrote:
The Fireman wrote: A poster said he knew the girls that were involved in the Milne Montagna saga and that one of them concocted the rape allegation because she had been jilted by Milne.
The poster was Sirjimi05
WOAH!!!!!!!!!

Probably not the sort of thing you'd want to repeat.
That said...it's the Internet, no matter how much we all might think we are bound to laws of defamation, we can post anything we want here and won't suffer any consequence.

The consequence will be someone with deep pockets taking us to court. Irrespective of the outcome, cost you 1000s in fees to some of Stingers mates to defend yourself.

Proving yourself not guilty comes at a price.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote: That said...it's the Internet, no matter how much we all might think we are bound to laws of defamation, we can post anything we want here and won't suffer any consequence.

you got that right.....

GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:
B W and R all over wrote: That said...it's the Internet, no matter how much we all might think we are bound to laws of defamation, we can post anything we want here and won't suffer any consequence.

you got that right.....
Is that an offer to defend the forum pro bono in the unlikely event that we are sued Sting?

killa_gram
Club Player

deleted

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!