Chris Masten in hot water...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Chris Masten in hot water...

won't the Eagles be happy. Their new rookie was apparently handcuffed after a blue on Australia Day. Good to see the Eagles are mentoring their new kids on how to behave now the axe is over their necks.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Knowing his reputation, I'm quite surprised it's taken that long for him to be involved in something.

The Eagles must be a better club than I thought if they've kept Masten clean for this long.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Stop blaming the club for once

BLAME the individual

such a trait of today's society to blame someone else.......

individuals take responsibility for your actions.

saint4life
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spot on Chook, will be interested to see how the club react, I would hope there will be atleast some punishment, while individuals need to take responsibility, the club needs to start taking responsibility for the future of their players...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
nabby7
Club Player

oh wow realllllllly
hes a good kid thooooo

starting young tho haha

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

What an absolute dick!

Hasn't been in the system 5 mins and already in trouble. Weagles should suspend gim for the 1st 5 games. A fine is pointless!

Batnoe

chook23 wrote:Stop blaming the club for once

BLAME the individual

such a trait of today's society to blame someone else.......

individuals take responsibility for your actions.

To a degree it is the clubs fault, there is an interviewing process during trade time of kids they are interested in. If they dont conduct themselves in a professional manner most clubs pass on them. After all, you are employed by a club and people see that a mistake by an employee is that of a judgement of the club.

It is their own fault for drafting a kid with issues...regardless of skill level

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Lucky he's not a Catter, he'd be given a one year ban and boiled in oil. They, after all, admit to giving special treatment to senior players

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

What # did Masten get given by the club?

With this start to his career surly the kids should be granted the famous #9 of the eagles? He has earnt it. ;)

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
esaint66
SS Life Member

redwhite&blackblood wrote:What # did Masten get given by the club?

With this start to his career surly the kids should be granted the famous #9 of the eagles? He has earnt it. ;)

im pretty sure he was given the number 13.
his lame punishment was today to tag daniel kerr in training haha.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

im all for kicking the eagles when they are down but as a local perth person being at the skyshow as an 18 yearold i think this is more a moutain out of a mole hill . the bloke was drunk so were over 100k others at the skyshow the bloke got into a fight ditto to lots of others this bloke plays for the eagles thats the only reason it was even reported . he also got fines $2000 by the club as well as suspended for the preseason comp

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
esaint66
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:this bloke plays for the eagles thats the only reason it was even reported .

nah i dont think so its the pre season they would print pretty much anything.

Lynch Beast
Club Player

I would be putting the blame on the individual in this case

He broke a very clear rule put in place by the leadership group (drinking in public) and as far as I can gather he wasn't with any of his west coast team mates that night.

He has been suspended from the nab cup (which means he has to play 3-5 WAFL games before getting an AFL game) fined 2k and is required to do extra charity work. Not to mention being the 2nd story on the 6pm news, almost all of page 3 in the west this morning and the same again tomorrow also most likely losing respect from the clean skin leadership group because of the incident.

I would love to know how much this sort of attitude from the leadership group/coaching staff/administration would have changed the situation with Cousins/Gardiner/Fletcher/Kerr back in 99-01

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We've ALL been in hot water at some stage. The last time I got into real hot water I burnt my bum ..............in the bath :roll: :wink: !!

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Would've been nice to see him get knocked out. Seriously, nobody I knows goes to the skyshow anymore for this exact reason (16-18 year olds hitting the piss and starting fights left, right and centre). If you can't handle your piss, or turn the other cheek, you shouldn't be out there. Serves the dickwad right. Looks like I have already found my "new" Ben Cousins to discuss with my Eagle loving friends

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:im all for kicking the eagles when they are down but as a local perth person being at the skyshow as an 18 yearold i think this is more a moutain out of a mole hill . the bloke was drunk so were over 100k others at the skyshow the bloke got into a fight ditto to lots of others this bloke plays for the eagles thats the only reason it was even reported . he also got fines $2000 by the club as well as suspended for the preseason comp
What a load of crap!

I can go to the skyshow stay sober, have a good time and go home without getting into a fight. If a 100,000 ppl were drunk at the skyshow, then you must have been at a different skyshow. **** grow a brain, engage it and then post something decent.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

So a footy player - not one of ours - got caught up in some crap...

Really, who cares?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saints94
SS Life Member

They can never get it right

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

I know it's slightly off the topic, but geeez I miss the Sky Show they used to have in Melbourne.............

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Take a leaf out of Ben McEvoy!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

everyone seems to be shooting down st trav lately

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What a lot of total crap! An 18 year old gets into a fight while out with his mates. What is the big deal it happens every weekend and more than likely happened to most of us at some stage or another. At worst his mum would be dissapointed and his dad will tell him to pull his head in.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:What a lot of total crap! An 18 year old gets into a fight while out with his mates. What is the big deal it happens every weekend and more than likely happened to most of us at some stage or another. At worst his mum would be dissapointed and his dad will tell him to pull his head in.
Exactly CURLY I agree :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:What a lot of total crap! An 18 year old gets into a fight while out with his mates. What is the big deal it happens every weekend and more than likely happened to most of us at some stage or another. At worst his mum would be dissapointed and his dad will tell him to pull his head in.
I must have mixed in the wrong circles..Ive never been in enough trouble in public that has required the Police to handcuff me

Nice to see that my punishemnt theory was correct. whilst Masten's incident was very dumb on his part, the only scope for injury was a black eye or bloodied nose. He gets to miss a huge part of his pre-season..and a chance to push for a senior berth in Round 1.

Meanwhile down at the Cattery, a Norm Smith medallist could easily have killed somone and gets a slap on the wrist for about his 4th offence. Affect to reigning premiership team...zilch

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
poochy2008

get off the kids back would you all