riewoldt tipped as sole skipper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

Oh, and where's my avatar gone !!????

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:He just let rip from the heart - it was a call to arms for his club. He said they had gone backwards in 07' and needed to do more - much more, both collectively and individually. He said he realised he himself was not doing all he could to achieve success, felt others at the club were also failing to do all they could. Demanded that the whole club take stock whilst on their break and when they returned to training - right from the word go, work harder, get on the bus together and move in the one direction. Everybody had a responsibility to work their butts off to lift the club to success.

There was some more stuff - but generally that was the gist of it. It was not pre-prepared, rehearsed, written for him or contrived. It was a genuinely impressive act of leadership that stunned the large audience in attendance.

wish i'd heard it in person. sounds inspirational and i hope everyone acts on it

aussiejones
Club Player

Looks like Rooey.....

He has all the attributes .

I hope they announce it soon .....and lets just get on with it

rotation may have been a good thing ....but now there is a standout.

Also it will let Lenny and Bally etc concentrate on their game .

I would give Vice Cap to Gehrig (the general of the forward line)

|Andy|
Club Player

http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx?tabi ... wsId=52207

Club champion Riewoldt challenges Saints

CLUB champion Nick Riewoldt’s mind was firmly on the future at St Kilda’s best and fairest awards on Friday night.

Rather than dwell on his record equalling fourth Trevor Barker Award, he gave a firm and passionate speech that challenged every person at the club.
[quote]
“I thought if I got the opportunity to speak I wanted to make a bit of an impact and make sure we’ve got a focus fresh in our mind when we get back training for pre-season.

“I don’t really like to mention them all the time, but Geelong is such a great exampleâ€

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Isn't it wonderful that we can have this discussion..and not need to give gun Interstate recruits who have been at the Club 5 minutes the captaincy :-)??
how true.

I was at a party yesterday and a Beggar acquaintance was saying "He's my favourite player".

What a forking joke, he has played ZERO games, yes ZERO games for Carlton at the moment!

Carlton family day advertising posters around the city had massive Judd pictures on them with the Number 5 on his back.

Am I a horrible person to hope he gets injured, or alternatively is just an average player for Carlton???

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:Isn't it wonderful that we can have this discussion..and not need to give gun Interstate recruits who have been at the Club 5 minutes the captaincy :-)??
how true.

I was at a party yesterday and a Beggar acquaintance was saying "He's my favourite player".

What a forking joke, he has played ZERO games, yes ZERO games for Carlton at the moment!

Carlton family day advertising posters around the city had massive Judd pictures on them with the Number 5 on his back.

Am I a horrible person to hope he gets injured, or alternatively is just an average player for Carlton???
i would never wish injury on anyone but i dont think your alone in hoping it all blows up in carltons face in regard to judd

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
how true.

i would never wish injury on anyone but i dont think your alone in hoping it all blows up in carltons face in regard to judd
Why????

Judd is a great player and we should enjoy his exploits. He's a one in a lifetime player, but unfortunately for Carlton it's a team game, not a one man team

|Andy|
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
how true.

Why????

Judd is a great player and we should enjoy his exploits. He's a one in a lifetime player, but unfortunately for Carlton it's a team game, not a one man team
because we all wanted judd. so if we cant have him, its just natural that we hope he blows up in Carlton's face, (not literally).

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
how true.

Why????

Precisely. Every word there was spot on.

I absolutely love watching Judd play. I have no problem seeing Carlton suffer year in, year out, but hells bells, Judd could be playing in the Devil's XXII and I'd still want to watch him.

I hope he - and Ball for that matter - can overcome their respective hamstring curses and get back to their best.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote: I absolutely love watching Judd play..........

I hope he - and Ball for that matter - can overcome their respective hamstring curses and get back to their best.
Couldn't agree more Everton :shock:

On topic, I would give the captaincy to Hayes

Hold your ground :shock:
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

let me re word it
i was meaning to say i wouldnt wish injury on any one but it would be some what poetic for jud to have a real stand out year and then do little after that much like how the carlton fans see hamils carreer at the saints

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Lenny for mine is the natural leader of the group.
Let Roo and Bally concentrate solely on their on field performances which will be critical to achieving the ultimate in 08.
i heard that roo clinched it with his speech at the b & f

i think you'll find that it is made official soon
Wouldn't upset me big Fella...Roo is a natural leader also...either way and I'm happy 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
woooosaints
Club Player

i never heard or known what his best and fairest speech was about and heard great things but until i read it in my mind he is a man 100 percent passionate about achieving great things for the club and riewoldt has gone up alot in my books

Quixote
SS Life Member

Say Hello to our Captain this year -

He is the one.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo