Thomas to take Saints to court - The Age 30/1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
How about Grant Thomas logs in under his member's name and puts forward his case to us.........

Now that would be showing some form of putting your balls on the line and being a man wouldn't it!

I severely doubt he would though. I think he seriously lacks intestinal fortitude.
We have a new contender for worst post of the year.

Infact, I'd like to nominate this for the big one - The Worst Post of all Time.
rodgerfox wrote:I can quite honestly and confidently say that I don't care.

Not one iota.

Not a skerrick.

Not an ounce.

Couldn't give a shiit.

And, I'm surprised that others do.
Sorry but for someone who doesn't give a stuff, you're not doing a very good job of being convincing are you?

Carry on.......
I don't give a rat's arse. And I am perplexed as to why others do.

Your post was simply ridiculous whether you agree with Grant Thomas, disagree with Grant Thomas, or don't give a shiit either way.
Why was it ridiculous?

He's come on here before to defend himself, why can't he do it now?

JeffDunne

TTSF, what would it achieve?

asiu

it would break the record for 'most ever logged in ' ....easily

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

JeffDunne wrote:TTSF, what would it achieve?
Probably nothing JD, but if I was getting my name tarnished by people then I would want to set the record straight.

JeffDunne

gazrat wrote:it would break the record for 'most ever logged in ' ....easily
True.

It would probably also test the new site rules (if this thread hasn't already).

Saints43
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:How about Grant Thomas logs in under his member's name and puts forward his case to us.........

Now that would be showing some form of putting your balls on the line and being a man wouldn't it!

I severely doubt he would though. I think he seriously lacks intestinal fortitude. \
So a bloke should get on a website and justify taking legal action to resolve a private financial matter to people who use pseudonyms. Hilarious.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:How about Grant Thomas logs in under his member's name and puts forward his case to us.........

I severely doubt he would though. I think he seriously lacks intestinal fortitude. \
So a bloke should get on a website and justify taking legal action to resolve a private financial matter to people who use pseudonyms. Hilarious.
Saints43 isn't your real name?!! :wink:

...and it is our money he wants.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Saints43 wrote:So a bloke should get on a website and justify taking legal action to resolve a private financial matter to people who use pseudonyms. Hilarious.
Thomas was sacked in September 2006 and left Moorabbin with six months' salary and the promise of a further $100,000 if he honoured a non-disparagement agreement that forbade him to comment on St Kilda board issues or directors.

Although specifics of the six-figure agreement were never committed to paper, as they were supposed to be within seven days of Thomas' dismissal, it was meant to be honoured by March of last year.

The sum was withheld after Butterss and members of his board accused Thomas of privately and publicly undermining the club.

The former coach is now seeking almost $105,000 in compensation on that front but is also seeking a further $168,000 for what the second part of his claim describes as annual leave and public holiday entitlements, although Thomas, who coached the club for just over five seasons, signed a statutory declaration before his departure that stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed.
$168,000 for annual leave and public holiday entitlements for 5 years of work (after signing a stat dec saying nothing was owed)

Now THAT is hilarious!

Next thing he'll be wanting 17.5% leave loading on top of that

Saints43
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Saints43 wrote:So a bloke should get on a website and justify taking legal action to resolve a private financial matter to people who use pseudonyms. Hilarious.
Thomas was sacked in September 2006 and left Moorabbin with six months' salary and the promise of a further $100,000 if he honoured a non-disparagement agreement that forbade him to comment on St Kilda board issues or directors.

Although specifics of the six-figure agreement were never committed to paper, as they were supposed to be within seven days of Thomas' dismissal, it was meant to be honoured by March of last year.

The sum was withheld after Butterss and members of his board accused Thomas of privately and publicly undermining the club.

The former coach is now seeking almost $105,000 in compensation on that front but is also seeking a further $168,000 for what the second part of his claim describes as annual leave and public holiday entitlements, although Thomas, who coached the club for just over five seasons, signed a statutory declaration before his departure that stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed.
$168,000 for annual leave and public holiday entitlements for 5 years of work (after signing a stat dec saying nothing was owed)

Now THAT is hilarious!
There could be a million reasons why that stat dec is signed. At the time GT is the employee of a mate. If presented to him with reassurance of ongoing employment or other compensation and the board had already made a decision on his career that would change circumstances.

As stated previously this wouldn't be going to court if it was as legally clear cut as presented.

Of course we could save the state some money and run a poll after he presents his case to the anonymous jury. Who might be 14 years old...

markp
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote: As stated previously this wouldn't be going to court if it was as legally clear cut as presented.
Not true... vexatious litigation perhaps.

Saints43
Club Player

markp wrote:
Saints43 wrote: As stated previously this wouldn't be going to court if it was as legally clear cut as presented.
Strange thing for a bloke who loves money (no arguments from me on this one!) to do though. Considering he has apparently been offered $100K not to pursue.
Last edited by Saints43 on Thu 31 Jan 2008 10:27am, edited 1 time in total.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Saints43 wrote:There could be a million reasons why that stat dec is signed.
That may well be true.

Just a quick one in relation to the signing of Statutory Declarations...

Statutory Declarations
(1) A Statutory Declaration must -

contain an acknowledgement that it is true and correct and is made in the belief that a person making a false declaration is liable to the penalties of perjury; and

be signed by the person making it in the presence of a person who is authorised under section 107A(1) to witness the signing of a Statutory Declaration

(2) A person who makes a declaration which the person knows to be false is liable to the penalties of perjury.

(Source: http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.as ... ent_ID=214)

GrumpyOne

Quite correct TTSF.

Every time I've had to sign one for work, and that is fairly often, I am always asked by the JP if the statement is true and correct.

If GT has perjured himself.......... hmmmmm........ :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
markp wrote:
Strange thing for a bloke who loves money (no arguments from me on this one!) to do though. Considering he has apparently been offered $100K not to pursue.
Maybe he's a strange man... my point is that people take matters to court that have little merit all the time.

Lets see if it really does get to court. I hope it does, and the only thing he gets is a bill for our expenses.

Saints43
Club Player

But surely he has a lawyer?

Wouldn't the lawyer advise him to accept 100K offered to him rather than perjure himself in court (assuming he is being dishonest)?

Surely if he has signed a stat dec that states he is not entitled to what he is claiming and there are no extenuating circumstances (the 100K offers suggest there are) then how would this be going to court?

*Edited because I asked a stupid question. Life should be like that...
Last edited by Saints43 on Thu 31 Jan 2008 10:40am, edited 1 time in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:

Agree with that. I don't expect Grant Thomas to come on here and defend himself to someone called SENsaintational. (My real name by the way - I have a shocking signature.....)

I have it on good authority anyway, that Grant Thomas is actually a member here under the pseudonym of Barks4Eva.

His posts are just a smoke screen. You be the judge. And jury.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:
I have it on good authority anyway, that Grant Thomas is actually a member here under the pseudonym of Barks4Eva.

His posts are just a smoke screen. You be the judge. And jury.
Volunteers for Executioner please form a queue......

savatage
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:But surely he has a lawyer?
I thought he already was a legal giant himself & acts as his own lawyer - therefore signing all of his own contracts!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:But surely he has a lawyer?

Wouldn't the lawyer advise him to accept 100K offered to him rather than perjure himself in court (assuming he is being dishonest)?

Surely if he has signed a stat dec that states he is not entitled to what he is claiming and there are no extenuating circumstances (the 100K offers suggest there are) then how would this be going to court?

*Edited because I asked a stupid question. Life should be like that...
We'll find out... maybe his lawyer did advise him to take the money and run and GT ignored this advice, or got a new lawyer... or maybe his lawyer is just thinking about buying a big new shiny boat!

We'll find out... (if a confidential agreement isn't made).

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:TTSF, what would it achieve?
it would get me banned :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote: $168,000 for annual leave and public holiday entitlements for 5 years of work (after signing a stat dec saying nothing was owed)

Now THAT is hilarious!

Next thing he'll be wanting 17.5% leave loading on top of that
Yeah it would be very funny if it wasn't the St.Kilda Football Club this filcher, was targetting.

On top of that Thomas already creamed over 2.5 million off the club, after virtually self appointing himself, with his then mate Butterss and along with Butterss agreed to pay himself $500,000 a year.

If you think that Thomas was independant of this process, then you really are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Now he's rejecting a settlement of over $100,000 that was naively and stupidily offered by Butterss in the first place, for nothing more than for Thomas to go quietly :roll:

Nup he wants more, the whizz bang contract negotiator, who insisted that he singlehandedly run the entire football department and look after ALL of the player's contract's, is conveniently now so incompetent that he couldn't even sort out his own :roll:

The fact is that Thomas himself, signed a stat dec staing that he is not owed one cent of holiday or annual leave entitlements, yet he now claims he was pressured into signing :roll:

Any reasonable person and particularly one who claims to 1. "love the club" and 2. " I would never do anything to hurt the St.Kilda Football Club" would surely, weigh everything up and realise that, after being appointed as an untried and unproven coach through a flawed process and getting $500,000 a year from the get go, without any previous AFL coaching experience, and all up over 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS, it would be in everyone's interest to accept $ 100,000 of hush money, that should never have been offered in the first place and move on.

Why is it that whenever Thomas leaves an organization, acrimony abounds?

It was always about Grant Thomas and what Grant Thomas can do for himself and his actions back that up to the hilt.

Even in the 80's when many players made a huge financial sacrifice with a player payment scheme, taking 22.5 cents in the dollar to ensure that the St.Kilda football club remained in existence, Grant Thomas was paid every cent that was owed to him and he then did a runner and left to North Melbourne.

The St.Kilda Football Club is only in existence for Grant Thomas to sue today because of the massive sacrifices made by those players at the time, and it is interesting to note that Grant Thomas was not one of them.

These player's are and will always be TRUE SAINTS MEN, who truly did by their actions bleed for the Red, White and Black.

The only bleeding of Red, White and Black that Thomas Maximus does comes off the St.Kilda Football Club's bottomline.

$168,000 for holiday pay and this after you've already signed a stat dec stating you're not even owed this money, and not forgetting coming from the man who portrayed himself as the whizz bang contract negotiator who insisted on running the football club singlehandedly and being responsible for all of the player's contracts, and from one who claims that he would never do anything to hurt the St.Kilda Footballl Club, this would be rolled gold comedy, but for the fact that it is the St.Kilda Football Club, that this leech is trying to screw.

Yep, any reasonable man would take the $100,000 of money for nothing, on top of the more than 2.5 million that you've already lined your pockets with and not forgetting that was from a dubious appointment, with a very generous $500,000 a year sum for a rookie coach with no previous AFL coaching experience.

Every dollar that Grant Thomas tries to leech off the St.Kilda Football Club, to line his own pocket's with, is one dollar less that the St.Kilda Football Club has in it's quest to win a premiership.

Even after being paid over 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS, this is the thanks and the way this svengali snake oil salesman treats the club :roll:

Grant Thomas a saints man.................pfft, :roll: PLEAZZZZZZZZZZE

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I want GT back. :)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I want GT back. :)
I actually think we need him back.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:
In what capacity rodge?

Perhaps he could be employed as the Club's debt collector.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

:lol:

Yep, get him back. Perfect.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.