Thomas to take Saints to court - The Age 30/1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I want GT back. :)
I actually think we need him back.
In what capacity rodge?

Perhaps he could be employed as the Club's debt collector.
Media relations - I think the job was advertised on the forum a while back.

Failing that, he could be put in charge of leveraging our midfield synergies.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Not sure how (or why) you keep defending the indefensible, but that's people's right to do so....

Just wish the whole thing would be resolved.

...and just what am i defending......i said all along that the club owed him something....which most on here seem to agree with.....and that if it was not sorted out ..in the end it would be up top a court to resolve the issues......you have a problem with that......tough t's..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

that doesn't mean that i go along with the inane abusive rubbish directed at outr former coach by certain posters on here.......if you think that's alright, then you are the one with a problem.......not me..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I want GT back. :)
I actually think we need him back.
In what capacity rodge?

Perhaps he could be employed as the Club's debt collector.
Media relations - I think the job was advertised on the forum a while back.

Failing that, he could be put in charge of leveraging our midfield synergies.
Now you guys are getting the drift :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Not sure how (or why) you keep defending the indefensible, but that's people's right to do so....

...and just what am i defending......i said all along that the club owed him something....which most on here seem to agree with.....and that if it was not sorted out ..in the end it would be up top a court to resolve the issues......you have a problem with that......tough t's..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

that doesn't mean that i go along with the inane abusive rubbish directed at outr former coach by certain posters on here.......if you think that's alright, then you are the one with a problem.......not me..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8-)
fair call......but you are/were a legal eagle, so the whole court biz is/was your bread and butter.

Sensible/rational people can settle these issues outside a courthouse.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

Never had a problem with you stinger, you're always good value ............

:)

No grey areas with GT when it comes to this forum - it's either black or white

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I'm with Enrico on this. Used to think good things of GT. Thought he did a good job to begin with, and was the right guy for the right time. He then started losing me in 05, and I thought he handled himself very well when he first got chopped.
Unfortunately his behaviour through the media gradually declined and he and RB both demonstrated admirably why they were no longer the men we needed.

This latest carrying on has lost me entirely. If the guy is legitimately owed something, then let's get it settled and move on. The club and he clearly disagree about the amount owed so let's get that resolved through the correct channels and finish it.
The only positive out of all this is the guaranteed entertainmant value on the good ship SS when a GT story hits the press. It's a sure thing that B4E will start his mad dog act, and the crowd will gather around his cage with amazing speed to poke him with sticks and see if they can get him foaming at the mouth as he pads around in maddening circles growling ruck stats and fair dinkums at the assembled gawking throng.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

GT was and never has been a voluntary member of this site - he was pressured into it by his wife and 18 children and on that occasion didnt eat his usual "breakfast"...

Go away you fool.

I've just received a warning for the above post for insulting another poster :shock: ???? - Im having a shot at Grant Thomas (like most in this thread and rightly so) - can any mod offer any insight as to what in gods name is going on here?

Your warning has been retracted pending further opinion from another mod..your comment is actually ambiguous

I am asking GRANT THOMAS THE FOOL to go away - in the immortal words of Pauline as David Oldfield dropped his strides......"please explain"?
Last edited by Teflon on Thu 31 Jan 2008 11:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Yeah….nah””
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I'm with Enrico on this. Used to think good things of GT. Thought he did a good job to begin with, and was the right guy for the right time. He then started losing me in 05, and I thought he handled himself very well when he first got chopped.
Unfortunately his behaviour through the media gradually declined and he and RB both demonstrated admirably why they were no longer the men we needed.

This latest carrying on has lost me entirely. If the guy is legitimately owed something, then let's get it settled and move on. The club and he clearly disagree about the amount owed so let's get that resolved through the correct channels and finish it.
The only positive out of all this is the guaranteed entertainmant value on the good ship SS when a GT story hits the press. It's a sure thing that B4E will start his mad dog act, and the crowd will gather around his cage with amazing speed to poke him with sticks and see if they can get him foaming at the mouth as he pads around in maddening circles growling ruck stats and fair dinkums at the assembled gawking throng.
It appears quite obvious that the new broom SFF Board think as much about GT's Holiday Pay claim as the departed RB Board.

Given that they rode in on a wave of euphoric sentiment to clean up the problems created by their predecessors I find it strange that the same posters who were villifying RB's Board for the GT saga are now not exhorting SFF to pay GT what he wants?

Maybe the fact that the new SFF board seem to agree with the position taken by the previous Board is an indication that GT is not owed what he is claiming, and on this matter at least the RB Board were correct?

Given that I have mentioned GT, monies owed, RB, and SFF, I'm sure this post will elicit enough responses to keep this thread going for a few more pages. :)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

By the time this gets through the court process there will only be one group of winners............THE ***** ******* ******** LAWYERS :evil: :twisted: !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Ok, leaving aside the fact of the matter that Thomas signed a stat dec stating he's not owed the money> $168,000 for "holiday pay" he is now claiming, how did he arrive at this figure in the first place?

Is $168,000 based on a % of the $500,000 a year he was being paid as a rookie coach with no previous AFL coaching experience?

Given that Butterss and Thomas were the best of mates at the time and that it has been acknowledged by Thomas that the whole appointment process was a farce, you'd have to be living in cloud cuckoo land to think that Thomas had no input into his appointment and level of salary to be paid, when the whole exercise was conducted with his best mate at the time.

They were neighbours at that time and are on record stating that they used to spend a whole lot of time together in each other's loungerooms, discussing all things St.Kilda.

How much involvement did Grant Thomas have in the level of income that he was paid, which was agreed to by his best mate at the time?

Is the figure of $168,000 based on a percentage of this overpaid sum to an untried and unproven coach.

Thomas is claiming $33,600 a year in holiday pay retrospectively, that's $33,600 a year for holiday pay :roll:

and this also is leaving aside the fact that Thomas travelled overseas three times for two week periods with the playing group to London, Sth.Africa and China, fully funded by the St.Kilda Football Club and wealthy supporter donations under the guise of training camps, but make no mistake there was a whole lot of sightseeing and holidaying going on, and at the St.Kilda Football Club's expense.

The total cost of these three training camps is around $750,000 with the St.Kilda Football Club paying somewhere in the vicinity of $500,000 for these three all expenses paid overseas holidays/training camps.

And what does the St.Kilda Football Club get for all the priviledges and MONEY that it has bestowed upon and paid Thomas > at the end of the day, a legal action :roll:

Not even agreeing to settle for $100,000 which should never have been offered by Butterss in the first place which was for nothing more than keeping quiet, Thomas wants to try to screw extra money for holiday pay, as if he's been hard done by and a sum which he's already signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed.

So how did Thomas arrive at this figure of $168,000 for "holiday pay"?

Is this a % of the already overpaid salary that he most likely and in all probability decided to pay himself to begin with!

If anything the St.Kilda Football Club should be taking a legal action out against Thomas, not the other way around!

$500,000 a year to coach an AFL team and for the club he claims he'd never do anything to hurt, and not to mention three two week all expenses paid overseas trips/training camps/holidays and he feels like he's been hard done by :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
stinger wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

Never had a problem with you stinger, you're always good value ............

:)

No grey areas with GT when it comes to this forum - it's either black or white

:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:GT was and never has been a voluntary member of this site - he was pressured into it by his wife and 18 children and on that occasion didnt eat his usual "breakfast"...

Go away you fool.

i presume this comment is made in response to my post above...which was...

".by the way mods...thomas is a member of this forum.....i thought calling forum members was against the rules....do something about it....."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

....new rules..????.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

B4E,

You always get the details of the overseas training camps wrong. All camps were in part funded by the club, but in MOST part funded by the playing group and playing group fundraising.

I know this because I was involved in the fundraising.

Sure the club kicked in some.

The club also paid for two former board members, Mr R Butterss and Mr G Casey to travel to South Africa. That WASN'T funded by the playing group.

See where I am going with this?

I agree with you on many points regarding GT, but you are wrong on the details of the training camps.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
RBnW
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:B4E,

You always get the details of the overseas training camps wrong. All camps were in part funded by the club, but in MOST part funded by the playing group and playing group fundraising.

I know this because I was involved in the fundraising.

Sure the club kicked in some.

The club also paid for two former board members, Mr R Butterss and Mr G Casey to travel to South Africa. That WASN'T funded by the playing group.

See where I am going with this?

I agree with you on many points regarding GT, but you are wrong on the details of the training camps.
if that was right then the fundraising by the players to go on a trip would be a benefit to the players and could be part of the salary cap....the club paid for the camps 100%.... the aflpa also kicked up about players having to pay any part for an over seas trip.....the point being that for sure Golf Tango did not pay anything to go on the trips away, even if there was any fundraising for the players to go he went for free.....Golf Tango went at no cost to himself.....Its a disgrace that he would not walk away after what he was paid as our coach, plus the free $1m loan from Roger Bravo for 5 years.....so 3 hoidays overseas...... $500k a year and a $1m interest free loan for 5 years is not enough for him.....the club just wants this to go away, but must be confident if it goes to court that they will win, or at least get out of it for less than they have offered Golf Tango..... :oops: :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Teflon wrote:GT was and never has been a voluntary member of this site - he was pressured into it by his wife and 18 children and on that occasion didnt eat his usual "breakfast"...

Go away you fool.

i presume this comment is made in response to my post above...which was...

".by the way mods...thomas is a member of this forum.....i thought calling forum members was against the rules....do something about it....."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

....new rules..????.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
You presume incorrect.

Got nothging to do with you, had nothing to do with you so best you stay clear of what you clearly dont understand huh?

“Yeah….nah””
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Appoint him as Marketing Manager - on 50% of what he raises - until he gets to $868,000 x 2
500K for his owed pay in advance !!
100K for whatever that was for
168K for holidays in advance and retrospect
and 100K to go on a permanent holiday after the job is done :)
the other 868K can go to the Saints!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Go away you fool.
I've just received a warning for the above post for insulting another poster :shock: ???? - Im having a shot at Grant Thomas (like most in this thread and rightly so) - can any mod offer any insight as to what in gods name is going on here?

I am asking GRANT THOMAS THE FOOL to go away - in the immortal words of Pauline as David Oldfield dropped his strides......"please explain"?

“Yeah….nah””
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Go away you fool.

How on earth can Teflon get a warning for calling a filthy, lying, filching, parasitical, bloodsucking leech etc...etc...a fool?

MODS, PLEASE EXPLAIN

RBnW
Club Player

mbogo wrote:Appoint him as Marketing Manager - on 50% of what he raises - until he gets to $868,000 x 2
500K for his owed pay in advance !!
100K for whatever that was for
168K for holidays in advance and retrospect
and 100K to go on a permanent holiday after the job is done :)
the other 868K can go to the Saints!
perfect he can call both his mates and ask them for $500k each....while we are on a roll......... :idea:
lets ask Roger Bravo back to so he can run the media and communications for us.....after all he did such a great job keeping us in the news without ever talking about footy or the team......just himself :oops: :oops: .......after all it has been quiet now for weeks :oops: .....lets get them back and get things back to normal :evil: ......and wait another 40 years for a flag while we allow self interest to run our footy club again......they should be banished away as far as we can keep them for as long as we can keep them away.....lets give Ross Lyon a real chance to deliver.......and keep them as far away as possible........for as long as we can..... :evil: :evil:

Our best is yet
to come......
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

We need Grant Thomas back.

From top 4 to easy beats.

Cellar dwellers to contenders, then back to a laughing stock.

The club must pay Thomas everything, and anything to get him back at the club.

It's imperative.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:We need Grant Thomas back.

It's imperative.
Barks, over to you!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

B4E !!

Your maths DON'T add up. If, as you say Thomas is claiming $33,600pa in holiday pay then his annual salary would have to be around $350,000pa, not the $500,000 you claim

$33,600 would be for 4 weeks salary or $8,400 per week. You also need to take into account 17% leave loading on that ammount, bringing his salary back to around $6,900 per week, multiply that by 52 and you get an anual salary of $358,800.

Where do you get this $500,000 figure from? Also, have you seen or do you have a copy of this stat dec you have been going on about for 2 years now, as I would suspect that such documents would be "Commercial in Confidence"

As for the real story. That is for the lawyers to work out and take their cut from

Please give your story some credibility !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:B4E !!

Your maths DON'T add up. If, as you say Thomas is claiming $33,600pa in holiday pay then his annual salary would have to be around $350,000pa, not the $500,000 you claim

$33,600 would be for 4 weeks salary or $8,400 per week. You also need to take into account 17% leave loading on that ammount, bringing his salary back to around $6,900 per week, multiply that by 52 and you get an anual salary of $358,800.

Where do you get this $500,000 figure from? Also, have you seen or do you have a copy of this stat dec you have been going on about for 2 years now, as I would suspect that such documents would be "Commercial in Confidence"

As for the real story. That is for the lawyers to work out and take their cut from

Please give your story some credibility !!
Thomas was on $500,000 a year

All I did was ask the question, how does Thomas come up with $168,000, which equates to $33,600 a year in holiday pay?

Did it occur to you that Thomas might be the one lacking credibility?

killa_gram
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Go away you fool.

That's crazy getting a warning for this.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
killa_gram
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:We need Grant Thomas back.

It's imperative.
Hey it's only Feb 1 not April 1. Your a couple of months early.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!