Say goodbye to the bots, the site has undergone a change

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:congrats on the spam filter and the search function......my comments on the new rules will remain private as any expression of them would likely get me banned....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:
agree.

Just saw in rule 1a sarcasm is now banned.

WTF?

Isn't that part of the Aussie venacular?

I think the new rules have gone just a little too far.

asiu

i can't think of anyone who wouldn't love the new rules sp ,

....especially the one banning sarcasm

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
stinger wrote:congrats on the spam filter and the search function......my comments on the new rules will remain private as any expression of them would likely get me banned....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:
agree.

Just saw in rule 1a sarcasm is now banned.

WTF?

Isn't that part of the Aussie venacular?

I think the new rules have gone just a little too far.
have another read SP.its "excessive" sarcasm ..like sledging in cricket..a little bit is fine....when it goes to excess its not.

We really cant see the problem..99% of the rules have always been there, they are just now being used and we are making sure that everyone is a bit more aware of them, also the warning system is more transparent and fair for those who breach the rules.

For those of you who seem to feel that the Forum doesnt need rules, or that you dont want/need to follow them, sorry. There are plenty of other FOrums around far stricter than this. Forums where one warning loses you posting rights straight away, and your warning total is displayed for everyone to see right uner your username. Its far from Colditz around here trust me

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

As long as saint66au is fair game, the new rules are fine by me :wink: !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

LOL your wish may yet be granted :roll: :wink:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

Forgot the at least 2 capital letters, 2 numbers, 2 shift key symbols and more than 8 digit password allocated. So starting all over again and getting a post in quick before i get deleted in this purge. the bots must be cleverer than me. i was genuine and had a post, but forgetting my password was curtains for my use of the site. Maybe there were many more like me unable to use their usernames and had to get a new one??

asiu

For those of you who seem to feel that the Forum doesnt need rules, or that you dont want/need to follow them, sorry.
i get the feeling that may be aimed at those of my ilk ....which is very ok

just remember that the 'concept' entails an absolute regard to respect for individual opinions and posters of said individual opinions

which is basically what all these 'rules' is about creating

if each brought 'respect' to the process of communication .....there would be no need ....of rules

battye
Saintsational Legend

If anyone was wondering why there are occasionally spammers getting through (I think 2 have since the changes) it is because there are human spammers.

Even though the Robert Harvey question is not "foolproof", bots aren't smart enough to understand it. Humans of course can, as the answer is right there. I'm reluctant to remove the answer from the registration page because there may be legitimate St Kilda or (most likely) opposition supporters who somehow don't know #35.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:If anyone was wondering why there are occasionally spammers getting through (I think 2 have since the changes) it is because there are human spammers.

Even though the Robert Harvey question is not "foolproof", bots aren't smart enough to understand it. Humans of course can, as the answer is right there. I'm reluctant to remove the answer from the registration page because there may be legitimate St Kilda or (most likely) opposition supporters who somehow don't know #35.
fair enough, but if you're a legit St.Kilda fan and don't know Harvs number you should be shot! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and if you're an opposition supporter and you don't know well then you're just plain dumb!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

if anyone does not know what number Harves wears they really should not be allowed to post ! :)

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.