Membership Question

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I, like most others, saw the DVD as something to watch over the off-season while we're antsy for '08 action to begin. If it comes after our first NAB game that's poor form imo.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Folks !!

We need to cut the Membership Dept a bit of slack.

There have been a lot of changes over the off season that have impacted on their ability to process membership renewals and/or new memberships. We have ourselves a New Board & a New Major Sponsor and the club would have needed to go through many processes prior to ordering membership cards etc with the NEW sponsors logos on them. The same applies to merchandise. I am told that the merchandise Dept have their fingers crossed that a whole NEW range of merchandise will be available prior to Rd 1.This all takes time

LETS NOT FORGET THAT THE MEMBERSHIP Dept IS MOSTLY VOLUNTEERS WHO DO WHAT THEY DO FOR THE LOVE OF THE CLUB. Do you do as much for the club as they do? I know that I don't.

I believe that we should all applaud the efforts of these wonderful people !!

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Folks !!

We need to cut the Membership Dept a bit of slack.

There have been a lot of changes over the off season that have impacted on their ability to process membership renewals and/or new memberships. We have ourselves a New Board & a New Major Sponsor and the club would have needed to go through many processes prior to ordering membership cards etc with the NEW sponsors logos on them. The same applies to merchandise. I am told that the merchandise Dept have their fingers crossed that a whole NEW range of merchandise will be available prior to Rd 1.This all takes time

LETS NOT FORGET THAT THE MEMBERSHIP Dept IS MOSTLY VOLUNTEERS WHO DO WHAT THEY DO FOR THE LOVE OF THE CLUB. Do you do as much for the club as they do? I know that I don't.

I believe that we should all applaud the efforts of these wonderful people !!
Agree 100% Eastern great post.
Yes we all want our memberships me included but lets have a little bit of patience.
Good things come to those who wait and thats why we will be 08 premiers coz boy we've been waiting for awhile now

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's not the department itself that should be held responsible, it's the club itself. If there are issues with slow membership renewals, mailing of items, and so on - then the club needs to employ some people to do this.

Memberships are a core part of the financial stability of the club, and it's worth investing in good business practices.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

How many times does this have to be said..

The Club have said from the get-go that Memberships will be mailed from mid-Feb. Today is the 12th of Feb

Calm freaking down!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
yipper
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:How many times does this have to be said..

The Club have said from the get-go that Memberships will be mailed from mid-Feb. Today is the 12th of Feb

Calm freaking down!!!!!
Exactly - geez, cut them some slack will ya!! You don't need the membership until March 22nd FFS!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

29 days in Feb this year.

This is mid Feb.
Where is the membership I paid for over 2 months ago?

If I paid for anything else on the net that long ago I would be taking steps to find out where my hard earned had gone.

Do I want a sponsors logo on my membership card?
Hell no, I just want to be able to see the mighty Sainters play.

If we lose next week we will have to pay extra to see practise games, without a membership card.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:29 days in Feb this year.

This is mid Feb.
Where is the membership I paid for over 2 months ago?

If I paid for anything else on the net that long ago I would be taking steps to find out where my hard earned had gone.

Do I want a sponsors logo on my membership card?
Hell no, I just want to be able to see the mighty Sainters play.

If we lose next week we will have to pay extra to see practise games, without a membership card.
Well when you chased what you bought 2 months ago..only to be reminded that you were told 8000 times that it would arrive mid-Feb..you'd feel a bit silly wouldnt you?

and if you want to be totally pedantic, the halfway point of Feb falls at lunchtime on Friday ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
sainter35
Club Player

I've had a reserved seat since 2000 and I can't ever recall us receiving our membership before February. And like saint66au said they clearly specified that we would receive them in February.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
and if you want to be totally pedantic, the halfway point of Feb falls at lunchtime on Friday ;-)
Does this mean that you will be having a LONNNNNNNNNG lunch on Friday to celebrate, meaning that by the time you get to Livewire you won't be worrying about how many times you open your wallet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/Season2007/New ... wsId=55210

For those members who have already signed up for 2008, membership cards and packs will begin to be mailed this week, so keep an eye out for yours in the mail shortly.

Please be advised that it can take up to two weeks for delivery and those with reserved seat changes or new seats will follow soon after.

There we go..everyone happy now??:-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

No!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think we've ever received our memberships earlier than mid February before? A few years ago I didn't receive mine 'til after round one.

And if you think waiting for memberships is bad, i bought Grand Prix tickets in August and still haven't received them!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:I've had a reserved seat since 2000 and I can't ever recall us receiving our membership before February. And like saint66au said they clearly specified that we would receive them in February.
agree,
never have recieved membership before mid to late february.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I HAVE GOT THE ANSWER :idea: :idea:

for all those whinging that they haven't received their memberships yet

GET DOWN TO THE CLUB AND JOIN THE VOLUNTEERS WHO PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER

That should speed things up & stop you whinging !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just recieved this email from the Club...breathe people..breathe :-)

2008 Membership cards and packs have begun to be mailed this week, so keep an eye out for yours in the mail shortly! Please be advised that it can take up to 2 weeks for delivery, so please be patient if yours doesn't arrive straight away. Please also note that that cards are sent out individually and not in family/household batches.

Our current membership total as of this morning is 22,655 so we would like to thank you for your contribution to this and ask you to help us keep it moving up by encouraging friends and family who have not yet joined to do so.

Your Member's only scarf (and cap for Social Club & Reserved Seat members!) is now available for collection. These can be picked up from our membership marquees on match day or our upcoming Saints Family Day at Frankston Park, however to avoid any possible queues we suggest you collect from our membership counter at Linen House Oval, Moorabbin. You must bring your voucher that will arrive with your membership card to redeem your scarf and cap and to further reduce your wait time, please fill in your name and member ID beforehand.

Footy is back this week with our first NAB Cup game on Friday at Telstra Dome! As a member you will NOT gain entry with your 2008 Saints membership card. Tickets can be purchased through the Ticketmaster network at any of their outlets, by visiting ticketmaster.com.au or calling 1300 136 122.

To make sure you stay up to date with all the Club news and Members Only emails, please ensure we have your correct phone numbers and address and remember to update your email address should it change at any time. You can change your details at any time online at saints.com.au and clicking on My Saints Account.

Saints Membership Team

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor