Clash jumper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mark
Club Player

Clash jumper

First of all I think the whole clash jumper thing a crap marketing idea by the clubs/AFL. We have played over 100 years and there has been no problem.
If we must have a clash jumper the answer is simple.The traditional jumper at the front with Red,White and Black panels and a white back (which was the originally used in the '30s,40's etc)...along with white shorts and Red White and Black hooped socks....Almost as good as our
Traditional Jumper.

Regards Mark

The Peanut
Club Player

Re: Clash jumper

Edit: deleted post
Last edited by The Peanut on Sun 17 Feb 2008 10:36am, edited 1 time in total.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Mark, I agree 100%. We had this discussion a couple of months back and I posted the exact same suggestion. As far as I'm concerned the tri-colour front is our "brand". You show the front of our jumper to anyone in Australia who follows AFL and its instantly recognised.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
esaint66
SS Life Member

Zed wrote:Mark, I agree 100%. We had this discussion a couple of months back and I posted the exact same suggestion. As far as I'm concerned the tri-colour front is our "brand". You show the front of our jumper to anyone in Australia who follows AFL and its instantly recognised.

i agree entirely spot on who has a jumper like ours...no one so lets protect it and keep it that way.

saintlee
Club Player

Well, just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons, I think the clash idea is a great one, I like the variety of designs it brings (not that all are great, but some are quite good, like the candy strip, which i personally loved!), but most importantly, the clash jumpers provide a great revenue stream for the club....

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintlee wrote:but some are quite good, like the candy strip, which i personally loved!),

that was used way back before we had just the 3 stripes it was used as a heritage jumper before the clash.

saintlee
Club Player

saint edward wrote:
saintlee wrote:but some are quite good, like the candy strip, which i personally loved!),

that was used way back before we had just the 3 stripes it was used as a heritage jumper before the clash.
Yes I know, actually it was used when the saints were in the old VFA....but it was also used as an away/clash jumper for 2004-2006 seasons

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintlee wrote:
saint edward wrote:

Yes I know, actually it was used when the saints were in the old VFA....but it was also used as an away/clash jumper for 2004-2006 seasons

yep :)

Huzzad
Club Player

I'm gunna be shot for this, but I don't care, I didn't mind the Yellow Peril. While it was far from traditional, it was eye-catching and I thought it looked great. Not exactly St Kilda colours, but it was interesting, probably only want to see it used when complaining teams like Collingwood demand the home team change their guernsey to suit theres (which I think is a joke). Some clash guenseys do not look good at all, but unfortuantly, in the day of television people need to tell teams apart...I suppose. We are not the only code. Look at the clash jumpers in the FA Premier League in England. Half of their jumpers are opposites in colours, and those teams have been around longer than any AFL team (hell, their youngest team is 75 years old!).

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
esaint66
SS Life Member

Huzzad wrote:I didn't mind the Yellow Peril. While it was far from traditional, it was eye-catching and I thought it looked great. Not exactly St Kilda colours, but it was interesting.
i loved the yellow peril i thought it was great and very unique, but if i could have my way i would like to see the boys wearing the tri colours every week.