Supercoach/Dreamteam picks this year.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Supercoach/Dreamteam picks this year.

I'm always on the lookout every year for good SC/DT players, and generally choose a few up and comers from the saints, and leave the high price picks for players of other teams.

Basically we're looking for players who either played bad last year due to injury, up and coming players, or players who will be more prolific due to positioning on the ground.

My top 3 saints for the fantasy games are.

C. Gardiner - playing the lead up role across half forward is quite a ball getting spot, will chip in for quite a few goals which will boost his score.

Jarryn Geary - Will play across half back, and generally be in a position to get plenty of it.

X. Clarke - Coming off a relatively poor season, his shift into a more permanent midfield/wing role should see him get plenty of it.

What are others opinions on low priced saints for DT/SC this year? I've decided to stay away from first year rookies, had Gibbs and Hawkins last year, and whilst they're cheap they generally don't play too many games.

esaint66
SS Life Member

yeh same i genearally pick high priced ones from other teams.
for the sainst ive got micheal gardiner and jason gram. will probably pick more up during the season. i picked trent cotchin but now hes 'on ice' so i'll have to pick someoen else.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Robert Gray, Hawkins, Geary, King, Coughlan they're all gambles with a big upside...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
awesome_days
Club Player

S Fisher is normally good - will be highly priced though
M Gardiner is a chance - will come off a low price base so could be a very handy ruck emergency.

Really is hard to get a good first up team with all of the uncertanties.

I like to go for a heap of prospects as emergencies and spend big on the guns. That being said I have never done great overall (never top 10%)

esaint66
SS Life Member

awesome_days wrote:M Gardiner is a chance - will come off a low price base so could be a very handy ruck emergency.

according to 'mr fantasy' the afl record fantasy expert he said gardiner is low priced and has the potential to be the recruit of the year. to good to for me not to pick :D

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Doe's anyone know when the Herald Sun Supercoach starts ??

Can't wait for it :D

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

mg, dal and roo

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
StNoodles
Club Player

LTN16 wrote:Doe's anyone know when the Herald Sun Supercoach starts ??

tomorrow, apparently...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote:
LTN16 wrote:Doe's anyone know when the Herald Sun Supercoach starts ??

tomorrow, apparently...
Lovely, it's always a good warm up for DT...

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Rhys Palmer!!
Certain to get some game time now with the loss of Haselby...

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

im gonna have a look at the muston boys - the older two have shown a bit this weekend and mitch even more last year

marc murphy if cheap...will benefit from a "worser" season last year - not as closely tagged this year...even more so if Judd plays

Gary Moss is one im hoping might be under $100,000...will do well this year imo

really depends on price for most players

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Got a few players listed based on this weeks form, and if they back it up for the rest of the NAB cup then they'll be good for my team, depending on price.

Adelaide - Porplyzia
Richmond - Newman
Port - Boak
Hawks - Muston
Brisbane - Stiller

super dooper
Club Player

saint edward wrote:
awesome_days wrote:M Gardiner is a chance - will come off a low price base so could be a very handy ruck emergency.

according to 'mr fantasy' the afl record fantasy expert he said gardiner is low priced and has the potential to be the recruit of the year. to good to for me not to pick :D
Well according to fanfooty, m.gardiner will be priced around the 145k mark, which is similar to that of L.darcy last year, who i carried on the bench till value increased for big dividends, obviously depends on other players available and their prices but could be a safe 60 point cash cow

esaint66
SS Life Member

super dooper wrote:
saint edward wrote:

Well according to fanfooty, m.gardiner will be priced around the 145k mark, which is similar to that of L.darcy last year, who i carried on the bench till value increased for big dividends, obviously depends on other players available and their prices but could be a safe 60 point cash cow

well if hes a risk hes one that im willing to make :lol:

StNoodles
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:im gonna have a look at the muston boys - the older two have shown a bit this weekend and mitch even more last year

marc murphy if cheap...will benefit from a "worser" season last year - not as closely tagged this year...even more so if Judd plays

Gary Moss is one im hoping might be under $100,000...will do well this year imo

really depends on price for most players
There's only one Muston, of Hawthorn

I think you mean Morton?

molly
Club Player

You should check out the Coaches Box podcast! This is the sort of things discussed on there.

I am wondering if X Clarke will come good this year?
Molly

Listen to my AFL Podcast (internet Radio show) at http://afl.mollyzine.com
or subscribe in iTunes at:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 7&s=143460