Saints Family Day (Frangaa Donations)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saints Family Day (Frangaa Donations)

Hey I haven't seen this be mentioned anywhere, it could be in the 'Frankston Deal Not Done Yet' thread but even if it is I believe this deserves it's own thread...

According to 'Pssst' in the age today St.Kilda will be asking for donations at the family day to go towards rebuilding the Frankston club, Archie Fraser said "if every person who attends just donates $2 then we will have raised 14,000 to help support them,"

I urge everybody who can make it to donate a couple of bucks, 2$ here and 5$ here could make a huge differece, it could strengthen relationships and improve facilities and everybody wins...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

yeh i read that too and i like armoooo strongly urge you too as well.

because in the stand that got burnt down was the gym so thats kind of essential to training. but just think its not just for us what about the dolphins players.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

No. And the club better fix their signature set-up. An absolute disgrace last time.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

with our move you reckon we will join the frankston VFL club as affiliates and ditch the scorps ? seems a bit odd to be called St Kilda be located in Fankston and our VFL side be in Cassey :?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
esaint66
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:with our move you reckon we will join the frankston VFL club as affiliates and ditch the scorps ? seems a bit odd to be called St Kilda be located in Fankston and our VFL side be in Cassey :?

yeh i was thinking the same thing as soon as i typed dolphins.
odd isnt it :?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Family Day (Frangaa Donations)

Armoooo wrote:Hey I haven't seen this be mentioned anywhere, it could be in the 'Frankston Deal Not Done Yet' thread but even if it is I believe this deserves it's own thread...

According to 'Pssst' in the age today St.Kilda will be asking for donations at the family day to go towards rebuilding the Frankston club, Archie Fraser said "if every person who attends just donates $2 then we will have raised 14,000 to help support them,"

I urge everybody who can make it to donate a couple of bucks, 2$ here and 5$ here could make a huge differece, it could strengthen relationships and improve facilities and everybody wins...
was mentioned the day of the fire armoo but interesting to see the media take on it

Saints were already holding their family day down there, and of course will make the opportunity for patrons to give a little.

query armoo- why do you put the $ sign after the amount? just curious :P

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

and even donate Frangaas if you like :shock: :shock: :shock:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:and even donate Frangaas if you like :shock: :shock: :shock:
seeing how well clubs like Geelong go from the father son picks i think we should be encorageing less Frangaas at our team :oops:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Family Day (Frangaa Donations)

saintbrat wrote: query armoo- why do you put the $ sign after the amount? just curious :P
Lol, just one of those strange things I guess, I put it before to begin with because I was copying from a quote but then when it became my words habit kicked in :lol:
I always did those and signs that look like a back to front 3 with a line through it the wrong way aswell :?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
benengel14
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:with our move you reckon we will join the frankston VFL club as affiliates and ditch the scorps ? seems a bit odd to be called St Kilda be located in Fankston and our VFL side be in Cassey :?
I remember reading the website, and it gave the distinct impression that they did not want to be affiliated with an AFL club and we're quite proud of their independence. There's a link on their website with a media release following the St Kilda announcement of its intentions to move to Frankston, and it says (in bold) this does not affect any VFL alliance
Frankston Dolphins Website wrote:Whilst most VFL Clubs have an alignment with an AFL Club, Frankston has long held to its position as a stand-alone Club, and remains the only club to have never been involved in an alignment.

“Our arrangement does not include any alignment. We will continue to function independently to represent our great city in the VFL, and St Kilda will remain in their existing relationship. Locally, we will do a number of things together, and many on our own.â€

esaint66
SS Life Member

[quote="benengel14"][quote="Frankston Dolphins Website"]Whilst most VFL Clubs have an alignment with an AFL Club, Frankston has long held to its position as a stand-alone Club, and remains the only club to have never been involved in an alignment.

“Our arrangement does not include any alignment. We will continue to function independently to represent our great city in the VFL, and St Kilda will remain in their existing relationship. Locally, we will do a number of things together, and many on our own.â€

saint-stu
Club Player

i love it how they think frankstons great haha
I can't help biting. Frankston is a pretty diverse city. Would you say Melbourne is a crap city because it has Dandenong, Broadmeadows and Frankston?

casey scorp
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:Would you say Melbourne is a crap city because it has Dandenong, Broadmeadows and Frankston?
The word "despite" comes to mind.

saint-stu
Club Player

Despite pylon city over there.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saint-stu wrote:
i love it how they think frankstons great haha
I can't help biting. Frankston is a pretty diverse city. Would you say Melbourne is a crap city because it has Dandenong, Broadmeadows and Frankston?
No different to Sydney having suburbs like Cabramatta, Redfern or *cough cough race riot* Cronulla really......... is it?

Doesn't mean all suburbs should be tarred with the same brush

saint-stu
Club Player

Doesn't mean all suburbs should be tarred with the same brush
That's exactly my point. Not all of Melbourne is bad. Not all of Frankston is bad.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Please enlighten us as to which suburb you call home Saint-Stu.

saint-stu
Club Player

Franga! :D

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Lol, then bag away if you wish. :wink: :lol: