Geelong V St.Kilda Match Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

worried about max, g will have to psh it for round 1 but they would have rested both before round 1 anyway.

good to hear about kosi darren

what a win, that was intense for a preseason match, the boys deserved it sooooo much well done! lets go out and try and win the 300k, nice for the bottom line!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
StSteven
Club Player

I would rather be the Cats.....no injuries.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:worried about max, g will have to psh it for round 1 but they would have rested both before round 1 anyway.

what a win, that was intense for a preseason match, the boys deserved it sooooo much well done! lets go out and try and win the 300k, nice for the bottom line!
Hate to say it but Max is nearly a liability because we seem to play a man short when he plays. We need to find a FB straight away.

DJKCR
Club Player

Sounded like a great match!
Injuries are a concern. Can't wait to pack up work out here and get back home and actually watch a match as opposed to refreshing the screen every couple of minutes. Thanks to everyone that kept me updated out here.

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
F_Q_F
Club Player

Im impressed with Geary, calm under pressure and reads it very well. He will be hard to not include in the round 1 team after these performances. Has a good ability to spoil too whether or not its his vertical leap or if he just times his jump but looks to be able to play taller than he is.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:worried about max, g will have to psh it for round 1 but they would have rested both before round 1 anyway.

Hate to say it but Max is nearly a liability because we seem to play a man short when he plays. We need to find a FB straight away.
I am a bit worried that Max will become the next Hammill, an automatic selection if fit, but a sad way to remember a good career with the last couple of seasons.

Seeya
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Antone know how much game time Van Rheenan got?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Antone know how much game time Van Rheenan got?
To much. Only joking but it showed today how far off he was.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Hate to agree, but I do.
Max struggles with the run and play on game, he really does.
His hammies are almost gone...
What a shame has been of the best....fantastic 200 game player

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:Image

jason gram has black hair :shock:

man i was nervous as hell i left home when the scores were level after dal kicked a supergoal.

im glad that a rookie kicked the winnign goal. told todays story.

cant wait to see the replays on sports tonight :D
well done boys. cya friday night :D

Bigheadg

Good game overall. Very enjoyable.

But what the hell is with some of the people up high in the St Kilda club. I was actually annoyed yesterday at the high and mighty attitudes some of these people held.

At least there was some St Kilda fans who were there for a good time at the game. I had a really good chat to a lady in the last quater.

Also thanks to the Saints players at the end that were happy to sign autographs and take photos, even if there were only a few.

Compared to other games I have been to, I was slightly disappointed with St Kilda after the game. I was hoping the player would hang around for a few minutes with the fans before boarding the bus.... Then again, they were in Canberra.

Foxer53

why has grammy gone EMO on us it looks sooooo weird :lol: :lol: :lol:

Legends of their Sports:
Dal Santo
Robert Harvey
Richard Dunne
Micah Richards
Nick Riewoldt
Elano
Petrov
Jason Gram
savatage
SS Life Member

DJKCR wrote:Sounded like a great match!
Injuries are a concern. Can't wait to pack up work out here and get back home and actually watch a match as opposed to refreshing the screen every couple of minutes. Thanks to everyone that kept me updated out here.
Brilliant user name & avatar! I have an "I don't roll on Shabbus" T-Shirt myself :)

savatage
SS Life Member

F_Q_F wrote:Im impressed with Geary, calm under pressure and reads it very well. He will be hard to not include in the round 1 team after these performances. Has a good ability to spoil too whether or not its his vertical leap or if he just times his jump but looks to be able to play taller than he is.
Well said. I think it's just his superior timing ability. He'd be a fraction under 6 foot - so he obviously uses his smarts a lot.

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

when I was watching the game, the commentators would say something about Gram, and not knowing if he was playing or not(turned on halfway through) just assumed he wasn't playing until I saw the number 1 on his back :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
it's just so... black??? I didn't recognize him at all :lol:

just watching the whole game back off IQ, our 2nd quarter was really impressive, we turned the pressure on, and got on top of the cats then.
Armo, Geary, Gardiner all impressed me of the youngsters, and although I know Dal and Joey had a good games, it seems to me they didn't do their usual work rate, leaving it to the youngsters a lot. VR is set to be good, but definitely needs more time to mature, got to learn to cope with his bulk a-la BJ. Our backline is impressive, even with the loss of Max, as we still have the Clarkes, Blake and other players we can push back.
It wasn't as neat and polished as a game in the official AFL season, but the tight finish was still entertaining and good to see the young guys grit it out and hold on for a win, against the reigning premiers.

*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

lol some of the boys have really weird looking knees in those photos :lol:
mm...shh its late n im a bit delirious (and hungover..still!)

awesome game though, been so impressed with all our young kids. seems like we finally have some good talent coming through! geary is a champ and hopefully armo can keep up this form and break into the 22 in the real season. loving that footy is back :lol:

was stuck at a cricket 'ladies day' all day yesterday so kept running to the car for score updates. i was in geelong so naturally enjoyed rubbing it in everyones faces heheh.
of course the bf came out with the whole 'ohh but the cats were missing half our players..blah blah blah'
to which i responded 'um hello, so are we (and proceeded to list them)'
he says 'yeh but ur players are hacks'
me 'WHAT?!! (anger rising...lol)' and question that he wouldn't be happy with roo at geelong...
he says 'bah...roo is nothing. we've got mooney.'

MOONEY. for god sake. geelong supporters are the most one-eyed i have ever seen. as if mooney is better than roo. my god. i was almost ashamed to be in the same room as him hahaha

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Foxer53 wrote:why has grammy gone EMO on us it looks sooooo weird :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't like it. :cry: :cry:

He has done some wierd things to his hair, so far it has been his natural colour (a nice ginger blonde) but he also went very blonde and it was orange over the last two years.

Please, please change it back, HJason, talk about stretching the limits of number 1 fandom. :cry: :wink: :lol:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bigheadg wrote:.

Also thanks to the Saints players at the end that were happy to sign autographs and take photos, even if there were only a few.

bigheadg- glad you enjoyed the game- I have found the Players are more than willing to give of their time; and are very approachable to kids

during last weeks game kosi on a warmdown walk during the game went across to the fence and picked up a young kids goal poster,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

replay is on now...fox sports 1

Koschitzke is so strong!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:replay is on now...fox sports 1

Koschitzke is so strong!
And confirmation that DrainPipe should only be allowed to commentate Geelong games when they are playing against Port.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:replay is on now...fox sports 1

Koschitzke is so strong!
He really is, so big so strong and so quick off the mark, he has a footy brain, if he can continue to work on his accuracy and durability he has the potential to challenge Brown for best powerhouse forward in the league...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

just watching the replay i though Max did very well...he got a lot more of the ball and while his kicking is a bit of a lob it isnt too bad - he makes up for it with his defensive skills

cant see him being replaced but i think this should be one of his final seasons...gilbert looked fantastic running from the goal square into the midfield

also very impressed with milne...wasnt played as a midfielder but rather pushed up the ground more than usual and was very important in the set up of many goals

koschitzke looks very comfortable at ff - been long enough for a coach to play him there fulltime

armitage for the first time really pushed his claim - made a few skill errors but found plenty of the ball and has fantastic aggression

geary looks brilliant! will be surprised if he doesnt play 22+ games this season (barring injury)

charlie gardiner was great again, just needs to continue his form

blake did ok. does some very good things but lets himself down with poor decisions/disposals...he is quickly being overtaken by younger players

Jarryd Allen despite being earmarked as a future defender has shown great signs as a forward...will watch him with interest on friday with fraser out and possibly koschitzke resting

things are looking as good as they have in a long time at this time of the year imo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

just watching the replay i though Max did very well...he got a lot more of the ball and while his kicking is a bit of a lob it isnt too bad - he makes up for it with his defensive skills

cant see him being replaced but i think this should be one of his final seasons...gilbert looked fantastic running from the goal square into the midfield

also very impressed with milne...wasnt played as a midfielder but rather pushed up the ground more than usual and was very important in the set up of many goals

koschitzke looks very comfortable at ff - been long enough for a coach to play him there fulltime

armitage for the first time really pushed his claim - made a few skill errors but found plenty of the ball and has fantastic aggression

geary looks brilliant! will be surprised if he doesnt play 22+ games this season (barring injury)

charlie gardiner was great again, just needs to continue his form

blake did ok. does some very good things but lets himself down with poor decisions/disposals...he is quickly being overtaken by younger players

Jarryd Allen despite being earmarked as a future defender has shown great signs as a forward...will watch him with interest on friday with fraser out and possibly koschitzke resting

things are looking as good as they have in a long time at this time of the year imo
There you go with Blake again. He was better than OK and I would say his 2 games this year means that he is not getting overtaken by anyone.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Have to agree Plugger66, Blake has become a very important link in the chain. He still makes some terribly frustrating blues but so do a number of his teammate that are much more highly rated.

Every team needs role players who drop into space, sacrifice their body and do the hard (often unnoticed) things.

Look the Chicago Bulls Championship teams. Sure they the best ever (Jordan) and a great offsider (Pippen) but they also had a roster filled with blokes who played their role (Rodman-Rebounding & defence), (Paxson/Kerr/Hodges-3 pointers) Grant/Williams/Longley (defence, big man passing & occasional scoring), etc.

Great teams are not made up by superstars... thats where the old saying comes from.

Blake is our Rodman... slightly less flamboyant but does his job.