Armitage or Geary ? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Armitage or Geary ? !!

Which of these is more likely to win a nomination for the 2008 Rising Star? I would love to see them both win a nomination with both being in contention to win it at the end of the year !!

Sam23
SS Life Member

I don't think either of them will win it, although both should recieve nominations if they play a lot of games.

At this stage, I see Geary playing almost every game.

If Armitage turns it on like he did in the first half yesterday, I could also see him playing ever game.

Goddard.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think Geary is a very strong chance of finishing top 3 this year, and Armo should get a nomination if he plays a few more games like yesterday.

ttufc7
Club Player

Hopefully they can both continue to develop in the way they have thus far. One thing i noticed about Armo yesterday was his tackling not only did he lay plenty of tackles the way he executed them was excellent giving his opponent no chance of disposing the ball. One even resulted in a goal from memory

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I don't know of any eligible players that have played better than Geary so far. If rising star nominations were awarded in the NAB cup, then he would have recieved one by now.

Guys like Tuck (Hawthorn), Jamison (Carlton), Houli, Reimers (Essendon), Bird (Sydney) should all get nominations this year.
Last edited by Otiman on Sun 24 Feb 2008 1:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynch Beast
Club Player

Colin Wisbey said that Armo is very similar type to Joel Selwood, just lacked fitness in his first year (along with confidence) and is definitely one to watch out for this year

Pies definitely stuffed up, they really should have gone for Armo and Sellar over Reid and Brown IMO

Reid can't kick and Brown (both Browns) will just be solid and reliable key defenders, get the job done without much fuss

could have done so much better out of the superdraft

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote:Colin Wisbey said that Armo is very similar type to Joel Selwood, just lacked fitness in his first year (along with confidence) and is definitely one to watch out for this year

Pies definitely stuffed up, they really should have gone for Armo and Sellar over Reid and Brown IMO

Reid can't kick and Brown (both Browns) will just be solid and reliable key defenders, get the job done without much fuss

could have done so much better out of the superdraft
Who is Colin Wisbey?

From what I have seen of Reid, he looks like he will be a fantastic player. What forwards can kick in todays game? :lol:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

On the strength of 2 NAB cup games, I've got Armo well ahead of Geary right now.

Armo's winning clearances, tackling like a maniac, and having a big effect on the game, including a goal and a supergoal against the cats. Geary's getting more ball and doing a good job running out of defense. Both are putting their hand up, but IMO Armo is doing the harder job, and doing it well. I believe at half time Geary was our leading possession winner, but IMO at half time Armo was BOG.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

The young fellas coming through the NAB Cup this year - Armitage, Geary, Allen (and I'd even throw Jack Steven into the mix at the minute) reminds me of the 1995 Ansett Cup when 3 fellas by the name of Smith, Jones and Brown really showed they could step up to the next level....

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

IMO Geary is the better player atm however Armo has got more potential, I would be disappointed if they both didn't get a nomination, however my pick for the winner would have to be Rhys Palmer...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
nathan000
Club Player

would be great to see them both get nom'd. armitage would be my preferance, he's tough young player and thats what the judges like to see e.g selwood. my pick for the award would go to kreuzer, i see him playing most games and that raps on him are huge.