Essendon aren't playing any opposition on friday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Essendon aren't playing any opposition on friday

Have Essendon ever been wary and/or frightened of stkilda in the history of this great competition? NOT f****** ONCE I TELL YOU.

They swat us away like flies no matter what the situation is. And the saints just cop it in the rear without question.

Can't fracking believe it. Can't we compete with these assholes just once

ooOohohhOohhhoohhoohohhhhhh the bombers are coming be frightened!!! OOHOHOHH

what a f****** disgraceful attitude from stkilda players to allow themselves to be rear-ended year after year by essendon.

We are essendons bitch. WHY

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

bunch of crap thot. We absolutely monstered them in 04. Monstered. Was a long time ago, Ill give you that, otherwise thats a pretty dumb statement.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I too would like to know why, however this is a different Essendon team, no Sheedy aswell as a few players, new rules should apply, we will be playing a better team than them tomorrow night, it will come down to who wants it more, us or them...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I blame injuries and Gt in the past, he let channel 9 do a live feed unaware that sheedys box would listen in.

Before Im 85
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Essendon aren't playing any opposition on friday

brown-coat wrote:Have Essendon ever been wary and/or frightened of stkilda in the history of this great competition? NOT f****** ONCE I TELL YOU.

They swat us away like flies no matter what the situation is. And the saints just cop it in the rear without question.

what a f****** disgraceful attitude from stkilda players to allow themselves to be rear-ended year after year by essendon.

mate, take a chill pill, its only NAB and you are getting fired up like its the last Saturday in September!
but the saints never do well against the bombers, them and port adelaide we always play bad against!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Have Essendon ever been wary and/or frightened of stkilda in the history of this great competition? NOT f****** ONCE I TELL YOU.

You are correct,people can whinge and whine all they like,obviously they have no memory past 2004. I was 12 years old the first time Stkilda beat Essendon in my lifetimeand it took Winmar to kick goals from the boundary and Lockett to make Fox black out after he headlocked him in severe fashion
Even when we do beat them it's like we're doing something wrong! Now Sheedy is gone,and there new joke of a coach from Richmond is there,possibly we can turn around for the next decade.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Sheedy ... I hope.

Had something like an 87% winning record against us.

The only time I've ever felt even mildly confident against the Bombers was when Tim Watson coached us to a win against them in his first year. We had one of their own, who quickly proved that everything from Windy Hill is useless.

I want us to lose tomorrow (so we can slip back under the radar come Round 1), but I don't know if I can stand to see us lose to the Bombers.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Sheedy ... I hope.

Had something like an 87% winning record against us.

The only time I've ever felt even mildly confident against the Bombers was when Tim Watson coached us to a win against them in his first year. We had one of their own, who quickly proved that everything from Windy Hill is useless.

I want us to lose tomorrow (so we can slip back under the radar come Round 1), but I don't know if I can stand to see us lose to the Bombers.
Why would anyone WANT to lose. If we lose who cares but surely playing in a GF will be good for some of the players and the money wouldnt hurt either. I think if we lose we may have to play in WA as well which isnt great either.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

one of your best posts brown-coat... you are spot on, we have been thier bitch for years.. last years loss cut me deep... injuries or not, it seemed like we didnt believe we could win.. we were and are better than them..

Retribution starts tomoro.. we have got our own back with Carlton over the past 5 years, now its time to beat up on the bombers as well..

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Why would anyone WANT to lose. If we lose who cares but surely playing in a GF will be good for some of the players and the money wouldnt hurt either. I think if we lose we may have to play in WA as well which isnt great either.
Need a couple of weeks out of the spotlight before Round One ... get everyone ready and refreshed and load up against Sydney.

We want to hit the ground running this year - and I've seen enough to suggest we will.

But I don't want a repeat of '04, where we win the NAB and all the hype is about the Saints before the season even starts ... look at the Cats in '06 as another example.

Would prefer an honourable loss this week with no injuries and then a smooth preparation before Round One when 4 points are up for grabs.

But I wouldn't complain too much if we beat Essendon :P

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Why would anyone WANT to lose. If we lose who cares but surely playing in a GF will be good for some of the players and the money wouldnt hurt either. I think if we lose we may have to play in WA as well which isnt great either.
Need a couple of weeks out of the spotlight before Round One ... get everyone ready and refreshed and load up against Sydney.

We want to hit the ground running this year - and I've seen enough to suggest we will.

But I don't want a repeat of '04, where we win the NAB and all the hype is about the Saints before the season even starts ... look at the Cats in '06 as another example.

Would prefer an honourable loss this week with no injuries and then a smooth preparation before Round One when 4 points are up for grabs.

I agree with that logic, however I would prefer it if we lost honourably in the GF, isn't it like an extra 160 grand?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:

Dont want to start with 10 wins. Also the players still play the following week anyway and the spotlight will not effect most of our players because we are an experienced side these days.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On the one hand it is a practice game.....

But on the other hand the Dons have a lot more players out from a list in theory worse than ours.

So we actually need to win and win reasonably well.

If the Dons kick saints but...then confidence is going to dip...even if it is several Saints players forst games for the year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I hope we can put an end to all this bulls*** Essendon hype. Two wins against nothing opponents and they're squealing with joy.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Even if there's an element of fact behind the sentiments of this post it's still completely moronic. Why the hyperbole?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
sainter104
Club Player

many may see this as a little optermistic but im quietly confident that we will win te nap cup and go through undefeted to a premiership in september cant think of one good reason why not were nobodys bitches !!!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" :roll:

When we play the big power clubs of the past it is always like this.

How about having some faith and recognising its not the 1980's anymore, FFS.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Brow-coat is right.

We have only beaten Essendon maybe fifteen times in the past twenty years....And that figure may be horribly inflated.

Throughout the Sheedy era we were most definately their bitch. Bigtime.

I loathe the pig arrogance of the supporters in general. But who can blame them.

Underdog fury is never as strong as it is when it comes to these guys or Carlscum...

I fkn hate this mob. Comes from getting spat on as a kid at Windy Hill..
****. Screw em. I dont give a damn if it is NAB cup. I hope we give em an almighty hiding...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

riccardo wrote:"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" :roll:

When we play the big power clubs of the past it is always like this.

How about having some faith and recognising its not the 1980's anymore, FFS.
Exactly. Now go tell the players that because every time we play essendon every player crawls into their shells and hides, we let them whip us like pussies. Yes it's not the 1980s anymore. We should have been wiping essendon off the face of the earth over the last few years as we have done to collingwood, carlton and richmond.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:Brow-coat is right.

We have only beaten Essendon maybe fifteen times in the past twenty years....And that figure may be horribly inflated.
I also agree with brown-coat (in his own forthright style)

Since 1980 we have won 10 compared to Essendon's 33

Our biggest winning margin has been 43 points in 1999, whereas Essendon's was 116 in 1995 (and what a bloody horrible miserable day in the rain at optus that was!)

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Throughout the Sheedy era we were most definately their bitch. Bigtime.

I loathe the pig arrogance of the supporters in general. But who can blame them.

Underdog fury is never as strong as it is when it comes to these guys or Carlscum...

I fkn hate this mob. Comes from getting spat on as a kid at Windy Hill..
****. Screw em. I dont give a damn if it is NAB cup. I hope we give em an almighty hiding...
Mate, I'm with you Big Red.

Their club sucks with arrogance and I'd love to beat them tonight. I too have had some ordinary expereinces at Windy Hill and even Moorabbin where I was king hit from behind by one of their supporters.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
bozza1980
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:

I also agree with brown-coat (in his own forthright style)

Since 1980 we have won 10 compared to Essendon's 33

Our biggest winning margin has been 43 points in 1999, whereas Essendon's was 116 in 1995 (and what a bloody horrible miserable day in the rain at optus that was!)
True and our record against Carlton is 42 - 155. We've won the last 7 mind you, so who is who's bitch here.