Votes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Votes

5 - Lenny Hayes
4 - David Armitage
3 - Sam Gilbert
2 - Xavier Clarke
1 - Adam Schneider

Also good: Clinton Jones, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne, Steven King, Nick Dal Santo, Jarryd Allen

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Votes

SaintBot wrote:5 - Lenny Hayes
4 - David Armitage
3 - Sam Gilbert
2 - Xavier Clarke
1 - Adam Schneider

Also good: Clinton Jones, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne, Steven King, Nick Dal Santo, Jarryd Allen
I am not going to be popular but can we stop this love affair with Gilbo. Was great till quarter time but after that was well and truely beaten.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

5 - Hayes
4 - Armitage
3 - King
2 - X
1 - Blake

My issue in giving votes that players were inconsistent across the four quarters. Schnieder was BOG in Q2, but not up there in the other quarters.

Perhaps i'm just reading too much into people calling Lucas a "superstar CHF", but Gilbert did very well and got some good ball himself.

Edit; Replaced Gilbert with Blake.
Last edited by Otiman on Sat 01 Mar 2008 11:01am, edited 2 times in total.

Foxer53

1 Hayes
2 X man
3 Schnieder
4 King
5 Armitage

Legends of their Sports:
Dal Santo
Robert Harvey
Richard Dunne
Micah Richards
Nick Riewoldt
Elano
Petrov
Jason Gram
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
4 - David Armitage
3 - Sam Gilbert
2 - Xavier Clarke
1 - Adam Schneider

I am not going to be popular but can we stop this love affair with Gilbo. Was great till quarter time but after that was well and truely beaten.
sorry but i disagree

Gilbert lined up on the inform Lucas and im convinced he beat him. Kept him to less than ten possessions and 2 goals. Yes Lucas missed a few but if you saw the game a few of those were not the fault of Gilbert (eg an out on the full by ??? given to Lucas to kick (despite the fact that neagle was closer))

Showed he can match it with one of the best key forwards tonight - give him credit for it

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

1. Hayes
2. Armo :lol: (sack him)
3. X Clarke
4. Dal
5. Roo

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

3: X Clarke
2: CJ
1: Dal

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
4 - David Armitage
3 - Sam Gilbert
2 - Xavier Clarke
1 - Adam Schneider

sorry but i disagree

Gilbert lined up on the inform Lucas and im convinced he beat him. Kept him to less than ten possessions and 2 goals. Yes Lucas missed a few but if you saw the game a few of those were not the fault of Gilbert (eg an out on the full by ??? given to Lucas to kick (despite the fact that neagle was closer))

Showed he can match it with one of the best key forwards tonight - give him credit for it
Well i obvoiusly saw the game. No forward gets the ball with out it being someone elses fault. I thought it was telling that he wasnt on Lucas in the second half.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

lucas is a very, very good player and everyone will get a touch up once in a while, particularly kids being tried against established stars.

gilbert has the makings of a top defender imo and will be better for the experience
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 01 Mar 2008 12:00am, edited 1 time in total.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Without seeing the game myself am stoked to see armo in the votes by you saintsational folk. Also having x put in another solid performance. I know it is only preseason but we are looking in pretty good shape if you ask me

#1 Ryder fan
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

maybe i was watching the wrong game, but i didnt see much from hayes

Dal and CJ stood out for me!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

5 Dal
4 X Clarke
3 Lenny
2 L Fisher
1 Armitage

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
emmdee
Club Player

in no particular order...Hayes, King, Armo, Dal, Blake, Gilbert.

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
4 - David Armitage
3 - Sam Gilbert
2 - Xavier Clarke
1 - Adam Schneider

sorry but i disagree

Well i obvoiusly saw the game. No forward gets the ball with out it being someone elses fault. I thought it was telling that he wasnt on Lucas in the second half.
he was on courtney johns for a bit in the third/fourth i saw but when on lucas he was very good at battling for position and spoiling on a lead

was really impressed with him, especially his first half

Even Blake did some very good running back spoils which saved easy marks for essendon - still struggles at times with the ball, really needs to keep on his feet better - but a solid game from him

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:maybe i was watching the wrong game, but i didnt see much from hayes

Were you watching from the bar or are you legally blind. He was BOG by a mile IMO.

Foxer53

saintdooley wrote:maybe i was watching the wrong game, but i didnt see much from hayes

sorry do not agree there lenny at least had 10 key disposals in traffic to get us away from the bounces and throw ins and was generally cosistant throughout the game with the exception of the first quarter :? :? :?

Legends of their Sports:
Dal Santo
Robert Harvey
Richard Dunne
Micah Richards
Nick Riewoldt
Elano
Petrov
Jason Gram
TwoTowers
Club Player

:oops: :oops: :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Were you watching from the bar or are you legally blind. He was BOG by a mile IMO.
thats your opinion, not mine.
i saw CJ stood up and made a name for himself, he is going to be a star with in 4 years!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

thats your opinion, not mine.
i saw CJ stood up and made a name for himself, he is going to be a star with in 4 years!
CJ doesnt have four years. If he cant find himself in the team this year then i doubt he will have a case come delisting time

Foxer53

dal ya right CJ hell no Lenny Hell YES!!! he was absoulutely awesome

Legends of their Sports:
Dal Santo
Robert Harvey
Richard Dunne
Micah Richards
Nick Riewoldt
Elano
Petrov
Jason Gram
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Same...Didnt notice Hayes all that much.

Noticed CJ (which dosnt necessarily mean he played that well) and X Clarke.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Haha, I'll probably get shot down after reading the rest of the thread....

But in reality, all our midfielder's had lower than H&A standard games. Which is the main effect of the increased rotation that occurs during the pre season.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

I only noticed how good he was when I made a conscious effort, he wins so much of his ball in the contested situation it is a lot harder to notice him than it is to notice CJ's golden locks bouncing about in open space...

Mine would be

5- Armo (was brilliant, match winning goal)
4- Xavier (Very exciting, could become a serious midfielder this year, not too bad in the backline either)
3- C.Gardiner (That last quarter was unbelivable)
2- CJ (Disposal wasn't the best but he was always there, he worked so hard and got some results)
1- Hayes (What I saw was great and encouraging, I just didn't see enough of it, I understand that he obviously did a lot more than I noticed to be the leading ball winner but just the way in which he gets the ball is a lot harder to pay attention to)

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i watched the 2nd quarter of the game this morning before i went to sport, and Hayes stood out on tv, but im not sure why i didnt see him that much at the game.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Hayes was king of the stoppages, and it was no coincidence that when he and King were off the ground, our dominance in that area disappeared.