dal flying the flag

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dal flying the flag

just watching the replay and it was good to see dal santo take issue with mal michael after he blatantly whacked riewoldt over the back of the head in a marking contest.

michael came off second best, too.

dal is too smart to throw a punch but he certainly let michael know what he thought. should be more of it

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yep.

Mal is a dog...Absolute Dog.

Its disappointing time and time again, that only Baker and Hayes fly the flag to protect their team mates.

milney044
Club Player

milney attempted to but got shot down by ox :roll:
If koz was out there he would have let him have it.
lets not forget there's a bit of history between the saints and mal michael.. roo and michael in particular..we had every right to give it to him.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:If koz was out there he would have let him have it.
i know, but you don't want him reported.

need someone like rix to make himself useful and really fix the bloke up in cases like that

Huzzad
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Yep.

Its disappointing time and time again, that only Baker and Hayes fly the flag to protect their team mates.
I think big Frase has had everyone's backs. Watching the odd melee over the years, Frase is usually first in the fray, and I remember one year he ran from FF to the backline just for some argy bargy after an aweful strike on one of our players.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Huzzad wrote:
Spinner wrote:Yep.

I think big Frase has had everyone's backs. Watching the odd melee over the years, Frase is usually first in the fray, and I remember one year he ran from FF to the backline just for some argy bargy after an aweful strike on one of our players.
gone for it a few times as well. that's where you need a lesser light to make a name for himself.

... only in retaliation and to show that we won't tolerate it. we could have a designated "hitter" as it were

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Now was it my imagination or did I see Michael throw a definite punch that connected with Dal's chin?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Now was it my imagination or did I see Michael throw a definite punch that connected with Dal's chin?
i thought i saw something like that, too. let's hope the MRP is on the ball

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Dal has been in some excellent form over the preseason. Lets hope he carries it through to round one, because Sydney has been a bit of a bogey team for him.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

he's becoming the match-winning champion i always thought he would be.

just watching him out there on friday night he oozed leadership and is obviously highly-respected among the players.

has anyone else noticed how he's started kicking important goals at key moments, the sign of a star coming into his prime as a footballer.

the first time i saw it was against west coast in harvs' 350ths game last year when he kicked the sealer with minutes to go.

i predict this will become a feature of his game from now on.

JuanTheSydSainter
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Now was it my imagination or did I see Michael throw a definite punch that connected with Dal's chin?
At first glance I thought the same so I rewinded to have a second look (I'm from Syd and the game was on at 1 in the morn so I taped it) Michael was lashing out to knock away Milne'a arms but Milne had pulled away just beforehand which made it look like Michael was trying to hit Dal. Nothing in it. Unfortunately........

sainter35
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Nah, it would probably be in our interest for incidents stemming from the match to not be looked at too closely.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:he's becoming the match-winning champion i always thought he would be.

just watching him out there on friday night he oozed leadership and is obviously highly-respected among the players.

has anyone else noticed how he's started kicking important goals at key moments, the sign of a star coming into his prime as a footballer.

the first time i saw it was against west coast in harvs' 350ths game last year when he kicked the sealer with minutes to go.

i predict this will become a feature of his game from now on.
Yep. Made a similar call about Dal maturing half way through last year.

Lyon is resting him and sometimes even starting him off the half forward flank, and this is also allowing Dal a few more shots on goal.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

he took a nice overhead mark under pressure from a few players - I think it was start of last quarter ..thought to myself - geez he looked like he had no fear.

I'll be be putting a few quiet dollars on him for the brownlow

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:I'll be be putting a few quiet dollars on him for the brownlow
i might do the same. he is already a proven vote-winner and barring injury will poll well again. he's entering his prime as a football and should be playing in a team that finishes top 4 at least.

wonder what odds you'd get?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Zed wrote:I'll be be putting a few quiet dollars on him for the brownlow
i might do the same. he is already a proven vote-winner and barring injury will poll well again. he's entering his prime as a football and should be playing in a team that finishes top 4 at least.

wonder what odds you'd get?
i'll give you 50-1 bigcarl :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
GRAMophone
Club Player

[quote="sainter35"][quote="bigcarl"][quote="Armoooo"]Now was it my imagination or did I see Michael throw a definite punch that connected with Dal's chin?[/quote]

i thought i saw something like that, too. let's hope the MRP is on the ball[/quote]

Nah, it would probably be in our interest for incidents stemming from the match to not be looked at too closely.[/quote]

Interesting point about the MRP :( I'm hoping something I saw was in my imagination too!!

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
F_Q_F
Club Player

gramophone***111 wrote:
Interesting point about the MRP :( I'm hoping something I saw was in my imagination too!!
Like what...?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

F_Q_F wrote:
gramophone***111 wrote:
Like what...?
lenny i presume

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
F_Q_F wrote:
gramophone***111 wrote:
Like what...?
lenny i presume
i saw the incident was sitting quite close on the wing and it was a good hit from lenny, nothing it though, if the mrp find something wrong with that i will be very surprised, then again we were the victims of the terrible baker decision.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

in that case let's hope the MRP has a look at the mal michael incident

F_Q_F
Club Player

No reports for Michael or Hayes, but Alwyn Davey got reported for tripping Nick Dal Santo.