Getting concerned VERY CONCERNED!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:x I paid my 2008 membership dues in cash at the Club on December 5th So far I've received nothing! I rang the club and was told that they had no record(?!) When I told the girl that I had my receipt in front of me and read out the number I was told that they had not processed my membership yet(?!) and that it was now in the system and I would be getting my pack in a week or so...that was almost three weeks ago!!! :x
The Jiggster is a patient guy but I don't mind tellin ya Folks..He's gettin' worried :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

GrumpyOne

It'll turn up Jigster, to be sure to be sure. :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm the original optimist me owld grumpy pal! but this has me rattled! I'm going to the club tomorrow to sort out a few people!!!!! (I kid you NOT!) :x

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Getting concerned VERY CONCERNED!!!!!!

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm the original optimist me owld grumpy pal! but this has me rattled! I'm going to the club tomorrow to sort out a few people!!!!! (I kid you NOT!) :x
Remember to be NICE to the volunteers in the membership department. I'm sure everything will be sorted out in a civilised manner tomorrow when you go down to the club 8-) !!

St.Dianne
Club Player

I, too, have not received my membership as yet. My account was debited with the payment on the 7th December so I rang the Club on Friday and they are now sending out another one to me. Its a bit frustrating when everybody else you know has received theirs, isn't it?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Hey Jiggster, I also paid up well before Xmas, and after numerous phone calls I finally recieved, not one, BUT TWO membership packages in the mail last Friday.

Batnoe

I couldnt get in before christmas because it was always engaged, i signed up mid january with the full membership and social club and got it all already, maybe it is because it was social club and dispatched immediatley or they like me

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

memberships are still being sent out. i was listening into someones convo at the membership tent on sunday, she said there is the last 2 batches to be sent out tuesday and wednesday

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Richter
SS Life Member

Yep, a friend of mine just received her stuff last Friday. Never you worry Jiggster old son, Greg and the gang will look after you!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Just ring up and say Right, right...right....

and I am sure all will be right. :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

JIggster...I too have yet to recieve mine...but all my emails to the Club have been answered totally satisfactorily

There ARE computer/communication issues between the Club and the mailing house who are sending out the packages. Its out of the Clubs control but they are doing their darndest nonetheless to get it sorted

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
GrumpyOne

Stephen Theodore wrote:Hey Jiggster, I also paid up well before Xmas, and after numerous phone calls I finally recieved, not one, BUT TWO membership packages in the mail last Friday.
So you're the one who's got Jigsters membership. :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Eastern me owld pal me owld beauty! don't be worrying about me being (as you quaintly put it) "nice" when I go to the club. Anyone who knows the Jigster knows that I ALWAYS behave meself nicely!
I am however a wee bit miffed at the delay, and its NOT a professional approach for the club to simply ask for "patience"
I have nothing but respect for the Lasses on the desk and at the tent on match days..the Others in managerial positions however I feel a LOT differently about!!! :x

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:JIggster...I too have yet to recieve mine...but all my emails to the Club have been answered totally satisfactorily

There ARE computer/communication issues between the Club and the mailing house who are sending out the packages. Its out of the Clubs control but they are doing their darndest nonetheless to get it sorted
that's the same crap that they drag out every year.

Simply not good enough.

It IS in the club's control who they choose to do the outsourcing with.

It's up to the club to get reliable suppliers that can deliver on time and not a month late every year.

Please sort it out SFF!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I got an email saying my pack would be out "in the coming weeks", which makes me a little bit happier.

But you would think it would be a bit more professional. The whole "computer system error" has been mentioned the past several years, obviouslty the excuse is wearing a bit thin.

I've said before I don't need it until Round 1, but that date is fast approaching.........

At least they are better than the Storm, I'm STILL waiting for my 2007 members cap, at the fist game they promised to post it out to me, nearly 12 months, must be being sent from the moon. :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

At least they are better than the Storm, I'm STILL waiting for my 2007 members cap, at the fist game they promised to post it out to me, nearly 12 months, must be being sent from the moon.
Exactly right. THATS a stuff up

Would you prefer to have them all rushed out and have the farcical situation that happened to the melbourne Victory..who had 10,000 cards printed with identical barcode numbers?? THATS a stuff up

Until you arrive at the gates on Easter Saturday still without your card, I'd implore you all to show some patience.

Oh and one other thing..those who are considering not re-signing until Round 1..please consider doing it earlier. The confusion and crush caused by so many leaving it to the last minute last year resulted in some kind people who'd volunteered to help out in the tent pregame just for the day miss seeing the first half of the match

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Hey Jiggster, I also paid up well before Xmas, and after numerous phone calls I finally recieved, not one, BUT TWO membership packages in the mail last Friday.

GrumpyOne wrote:
So you're the one who's got Jigsters membership.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:) Gday Folks! Here's the latest: Went along to the "cotton-picking linen house oval" (y'all) and met a nice young lady (Sarah) who dealt with my query with patience and good humour (much like me self? :roll: :wink: )
Sarah tells me that She is waiting for HERS!!! :? :? :? :shock: :shock:
(I wonder if Archie F has got his yet? :roll: )
Not wanting to pump up the tyres of Collingwood, but I reckon that the decision to dispense with VITAL jobs at the club being done by volunteers was one that McGuire (like him or loath him) got right and we should by now with all these $1m profits we've made of late, be moving toward a professional membership department.
Thanks for your assistance Sarah! (you're having to take the flak for the "suits" and their incompetence!)
We wait with bated breath! Will the Jigster be in his own seat come round one??!! :lol:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote::) Gday Folks! Here's the latest: Went along to the "cotton-picking linen house oval" (y'all) and met a nice young lady (Sarah) who dealt with my query with patience and good humour (much like me self? :roll: :wink: )
Sarah tells me that She is waiting for HERS!!! :? :? :? :shock: :shock:
(I wonder if Archie F has got his yet? :roll: )
Not wanting to pump up the tyres of Collingwood, but I reckon that the decision to dispense with VITAL jobs at the club being done by volunteers was one that McGuire (like him or loath him) got right and we should by now with all these $1m profits we've made of late, be moving toward a professional membership department.
Thanks for your assistance Sarah! (you're having to take the flak for the "suits" and their incompetence!)
We wait with bated breath! Will the Jigster be in his own seat come round one??!! :lol:
Love the volunteers but agree with 20+ million turnovers etc

Membership dept should have paid full time staff........but does that equal
being more professional...?? Doubt they would have the same passion.

volunteers love helping the club out and in some cases gives their life more meaning etc.....
No doubt could/should be used in some capacity.

saint4life
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:( Postie just called :x NO membership pack :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
As far as the Volunteer/full time professional question goes, I am all for volunteers being given the chance to help the club (I've done it myself once or twice) but the type of strategy being applied from the "suits" at Moorabbin to the membership department is to get staff to work longer hours for less money (no "strength through loyalty" there!)
YES! Volunteers are the salt of the earth and deserve our respect, but it is still no substitute for a well-trained, PROFESSIONAL membership department! Until we get this side of the business right, we will still be a source of jokes within the footy community.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i havent recieved my membership yet, contacted the club they said my package has been sent, i should expect it in The week,

We should have recieved it long before now especially when its a week till the start of the season.....

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I hold a membership of a couple of the struggling Vic teams other than the Saints. Bulldogs, Melbourne and North Melbourne. Have received all the other three membership packs, but not the most important Saints one.

I have every confidence though in our great voluntary staff. Great people. Salt of the earth who do fantastic work in many facets of our club.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I have no intention of getting into a "Volunteer Versus Fulltime" battle over this issue. The point I'm trying to make is that there is a case for a complete overhaul of the way we have done things at the club and that cutting costs at the most important department (after football) at the club is a false economy and one that will perpetuate the view that we are unprofessional at the Saints!
Time for the "suits" to deliver I believe?!

GrumpyOne

thejiggingsaint wrote:I have no intention of getting into a "Volunteer Versus Fulltime" battle over this issue. The point I'm trying to make is that there is a case for a complete overhaul of the way we have done things at the club and that cutting costs at the most important department (after football) at the club is a false economy and one that will perpetuate the view that we are unprofessional at the Saints!
Time for the "suits" to deliver I believe?!
Back you in with that statement Jigster. We cannot compete with the West Coasts', the Crows, the Power, and the Filth with a Koo-Wee-Rup type adminstration.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

NOT that there's anything wrong with Koo-Wee-Rup! :wink: (I've drank a few meself in me time!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: