Another freaking Sheedy brainchild theme game!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Another freaking Sheedy brainchild theme game!!!!

Just read in the paper that Sheeds has now come up with the Eureka Cup game betwen Richmond and North. Sheesh...have we not got enough damned theme games already??????

Funny isnt it that the master promoter of the AFL only ever comes up with ideas that benefit one of the two clubs he's been involved with isn't it?? ANZAC day, Deamtime, now the Eureka game...all involving either Richmond and/or Essendon.

Yep..thats lookijng at the big picture Sheeds :roll:

Personally, I'm very very over theme rounds and games. I know some of them raise awareness of important issues, but I reckon those theme rounds have worn out their welcome in a pretty big way

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Megamaguire
Club Player

Homegame @ MCG again?

I was disappointed to see Collingwood host Saint Kilda @ the mcg but understand we host the pies Rd. 8 at the Dome.

Our only 2 visits ( can anyone confirm this ?) to the 'G' are as visitors to the blues & pies. After that no home games there for Saint Kilda - infact no visits at all. The club and myself are however happy with the swag of games at the Dome in 2008 but financially ....
Saint Kilda get financially stung and the traditional giants of victoria eg. ( blues n' pies get the preferences. I have called for our own 'blockbuster' against Collingwood every year - call it our financial insurance policy if necessary as our Home game. I don't care about the bombers owning the anzac day blockbuster with collingwood infact i could like it more if we hosted the pies ourselves every year as an important financial support to our future.

Round 14 is a joke now surely. If both clubs asked to have the game brought back to melbourne -preferably the 'G' (am i greedy or unrealistic ?) and share the take . it would benefit boh clubs more financially. anyway still positive about that 4th. Qrt. against the crows and looking forward to Sydney on Easter Thursday.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Homegame @ MCG again?

Megamaguire wrote: looking forward to Sydney on Easter Thursday.
Saturday 22 March 2008
7:10PM - Telstra Dome
St Kilda Vs Sydney Swans

doggerel
Club Player

Re: Another freaking Sheedy brainchild theme game!!!!

Agree entirely with the OP. Sheeds the great promoter? Talk about a one trick pony. I am so over the concept too, I can't even bring myself to look on the Net and find out what the Eureka game is meant to be about.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Every game is special, in my opinion, I don't need an excuse like Anzac Day (how about we share it around for a change), Queens Birthday, Eureka Game, Aluminum Siding Memorial Day, etc, to get fired up for a game.

Sheedy is just trying desperately to prove his relevance to a game that has long since passed him by.

Kinda sad, actually.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I love Anzac day, it is great and I don't think they should share it about, it has become a great tradition for those two clubs... but apart from that I hate the rest of them... for example womens round? what is the point? to acknowledge that there are women in the AFL, pretty sure everybody knows that, how about a volunteers week, IMO that is far more important...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Gee Sheeds, I have a few suggestions of my own:

Saints v Demons - Judgement Day Heaven v Hell
Saints v Collingwood - The 60's Show!!
Saints v Swans - Plugger Cup!

Im sure Id could think of more if I had as much spare time as Sheeds - obviously long time between drinks at the retirement village!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?