The Footy Show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

The Footy Show

Returns Tonight at 9:30 on Channel 9.

It will be interesting to see if the show has improved without Sam Newman.

nebulousdog

apparently they may still do a live cross to him - just when you thought it was safe!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 74,00.html

I hope they get Goose to do a JB impression EVERY time he is on this year - he stiches that idiot up so well.

Proud Sponsor of Gilbo and Geary 2008
Proud Sponsor of Raph, Steven, Heyne and Tungatalum 2009
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Without Newman, the show would probably be not only boring, but straight to the point.

Don't see what they'd do for 2 hours without him.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

it will be crap without newman

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Billy Brownless could take Newmans place and he would improve the show no end...............

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Billy Brownless could take Newmans place and he would improve the show no end...............
will there be street talk?
if there is i bet either billy or Fev will do it

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
hAyES
Club Player

Thanks for reminding me!

Probably won't be as good without Sam. Actually, it definately won't. The sooner he returns, the better.

sainta
Club Player

Street Talk was filmed on Tuesday arvo at Frankston. Garry Lyon was doing the segment. It was held at Young St where all those classy types hang out near the station so won't be any different to usual Frankston Street Talks I'm guessing.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

well KISS will open the show, so that will make the start worth watching.

I just wish Eddie makes a comeback to host the show.

Sam will return in the next few weeks you'd think.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

TFS has been s*** for so long now...
Sam Newman has had nothing interesting to say for god knows how long and just makes an idiot of himself doing ridiculus stunts just to be controversial... I used to love JB from the Cage and Any Given Sunday but he has gone so far downhill since then... Gary Lyon, Enough said...
The first hour of the footy show is just plugging the sponsors and introducing "The greatest panel of sporting superstars ever assembled!!!"

The show is a joke, I will be sticking to the sunday footy show for people who want to actually talk about footy, not just get their face on TV.

As for Brownless, he actually has some constructive stuff to say on Sundays but for one reason or another he feels he must act like a tosser to fit in with the boys club on Thursday nights, quite sad...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I would love to see a real footy show.
Still hoping.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I would love to see a real footy show.
Still hoping.
I'm with you...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
snippa
Club Player

Same old self indulgent rubbish....

"maybe" libba could"kind of" get a real ' sorta' coaching job

What a nothing story.

Enjoy the year FS fans....... :roll:

I am the king of the divan
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

snippa wrote:Same old self indulgent rubbish....

What a nothing story.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet you have clearly been watching it - and I bet you "don't" watch it for the rest of the year......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

How could you watch that crap when Soul Deep is on the ABC????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
snippa
Club Player

Give the boy a gold star.... :lol:

I am the king of the divan
Bevan Shorluey
Club Player

What a nothing story.

All Libba did was state what people have been saying for months, and in the process ensure he'd never be employed by another AFL club again.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Bevan Shorluey wrote:

What a nothing story.

All Libba did was state what people have been saying for months, and in the process ensure he'd never be employed by another AFL club again.
Maybe he has another life after the Boos - and without yet seeing it again I thought he went alright - he didn't outright say they tanked but he certainly agreed there were intimations of it

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

ha ha, Brayshaw, what a tool

"Here's....Chris! i mean Kiss!"

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
yipper
SS Life Member

Bevan Shorluey wrote:

What a nothing story.

Absolutely - what on earth has gotten into him, I mean no-one liked him as a player - a more dirtier dog of a player you will never find, and now he is trashing everyone so much he is virtually unemployable in the football industry. How could you trust him?? Perhaps he has been told he is not much chop as a coach and now he has cracked it!!??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:TFS has been s*** for so long now...
Sam Newman has had nothing interesting to say for god knows how long and just makes an idiot of himself doing ridiculus stunts just to be controversial... I used to love JB from the Cage and Any Given Sunday but he has gone so far downhill since then... Gary Lyon, Enough said...
The first hour of the footy show is just plugging the sponsors and introducing "The greatest panel of sporting superstars ever assembled!!!"

The show is a joke, I will be sticking to the sunday footy show for people who want to actually talk about footy, not just get their face on TV.

As for Brownless, he actually has some constructive stuff to say on Sundays but for one reason or another he feels he must act like a tosser to fit in with the boys club on Thursday nights, quite sad...
Get over yourself....

The Footy Show is great...Its not meant to analyze post game.....Its there for the teams to be read out on a Thursday.

What is it? 15 years and still running? Pretty good considering you labeled the show a joke.

yipper
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:TFS has been s*** for so long now...

Yeah, right. That's why it's been going for 15 years now!! Nowher near as bad as that. It is light entertainment / variety almost with a football flavour. There have been some cracking shows and some not so good ones - overall, it has entertained us all for over a decade.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I would love to see a real footy show.
Still hoping.
Ask channel 7....I think they have several 'real' footy shows that didn;t last more than a year.

Fact is, the audience dosn't ask for a real footy show in terms of ratings.

Take TFS for what it is....Teams get read out.....Some football personalties discuss weekly issues. Nothing more, nothing less.

Those looking for hard core football analysis should look else where.

There are several other free to air channels these day...

yipper
SS Life Member

The live audience is always a full house at every show, the big finale show is always sold out and put on at major venues like Rod Laver arena - thousands turn up to watch live whilst it is broadcast to hundreds of thousands on TV. If they put on a show interstate - it sold out at large venues. 15 years of solid ratings - reckon they're doing something right!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:The live audience is always a full house at every show, the big finale show is always sold out and put on at major venues like Rod Laver arena - thousands turn up to watch live whilst it is broadcast to hundreds of thousands on TV. If they put on a show interstate - it sold out at large venues. 15 years of solid ratings - reckon they're doing something right!!

Indeed..

The name say it all, it is..

The Footy Show...with empahasis on Show.

It is the old League Teams revisited with extra monkeys!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....