The Footy Show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather watch the Foxtel ones.

I just want to hear who is in and out, I don't really care about people parading around in idiotic costumes talking crap, or fat ex footballers spinning wheels at some boozy country footy club.

If I wanted vaudville and badly timed visual jokes, I'd turn on Comedy Central.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I would love to see a real footy show.
Still hoping.
Ask channel 7....I think they have several 'real' footy shows that didn;t last more than a year.

Fact is, the audience dosn't ask for a real footy show in terms of ratings.

Take TFS for what it is....Teams get read out.....Some football personalties discuss weekly issues. Nothing more, nothing less.

Those looking for hard core football analysis should look else where.

There are several other free to air channels these day...
Well said spinner *and yipper* I enjoy watching the footy show every week to be honest. I look forward to having a laugh each and every thursday night. Overall the show is pretty good.
It must be doing something right if it's been going 15 years and managed to change hosts without pretty much skipping a beat.

Had a laugh last night when they congratulated the saints on the nab cup win and tev held up a photo with all the red white and black bits snowing over the players and not being able to see them.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Still hoping.
Ask channel 7....I think they have several 'real' footy shows that didn;t last more than a year.

Take TFS for what it is....Teams get read out.....Some football personalties discuss weekly issues. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think you missed my point, I would like to see a real footy show with the entertainment value as well, not the tired heap of crap they churn out falsely named the footy show, week after week , mindless drivel.. It numbs the brain to watch the same old garbage week in week out, I know ..don't watch it..I don't..not anymore so I wait till a real one comes along.

esaint66
SS Life Member

the show tonight has been witty, informative and funny
:lol: :lol:
Billy's sack was hilarious.
Ken lee :lol: the channel ten reporter elbowing the bloke at the grand prix and the birds eye view of chadstong :lol:

Loving billy in the hot seat.
His chris joke on brayshaw never gets old.

jill
Club Player

Spinner Ch.7 used to have great footy shows - the Sunday morning one was great Ch9 based current show on it. However times have changed -many fans no longer want a boys night out at a footy review type of show.
Sam, Wayne & Co. have passed their used by date.
Ideal footy show would have guests from ALL clubs, include fun & in depth features and leave the smut & sexual innuendos alone.
And Best of All was live cross-overs to the premiership celebrations on the night (& losers wake). Now game over - nothing 'til Sunday footy show).

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:Spinner Ch.7 used to have great footy shows - the Sunday morning one was great Ch9 based current show on it. However times have changed -many fans no longer want a boys night out at a footy review type of show.
Ideal footy show would have guests from ALL clubs, include fun & in depth features and leave the smut & sexual innuendos alone.
And Best of All was live cross-overs to the premiership celebrations on the night (& losers wake). Now game over - nothing 'til Sunday footy show).
well said Jill.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:Spinner Ch.7 used to have great footy shows - the Sunday morning one was great Ch9 based current show on it. However times have changed -many fans no longer want a boys night out at a footy review type of show.
Its not a previous week analysis of football games. Its a Thursday night read-out of the teams....

If you have been involved in a football team, you would know that the team is read out after training on a Thursday night. Thats what its based on.....

Who the hell is Wayne?

And what the hell is that last part all about? Also, have a little trouble finding the quote button????

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
well said Jill.
How so...Half of it doesn't make any sense?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Still hoping.

I think you missed my point, I would like to see a real footy show with the entertainment value as well, not the tired heap of crap they churn out falsely named the footy show, week after week , mindless drivel.. It numbs the brain to watch the same old garbage week in week out, I know ..don't watch it..I don't..not anymore so I wait till a real one comes along.
If your looking for thorough football analysis, look else where.

I get that fix from On the couch & The Sunday Footy Show....Its not meant to be that type of program....

Acknowledged there isn't a whole lot of those programs on...But the answer isn't fixing the footy show for something it never was and should never try to be.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The footy show has been successful for 14 years. It is no where near its used by date if ratings are a guide and they are the best guide. 3rd top rating show last week. Why do people complain no one is forced to watch it. Keep up the good work.

Ryanstein
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The footy show has been successful for 14 years. It is no where near its used by date if ratings are a guide and they are the best guide. 3rd top rating show last week. Why do people complain no one is forced to watch it. Keep up the good work.
exactly, it's better than the other $hit on TV

we have to wait till midnight to watch it though

harvesj

I guess I just don't get it, but I can't watch it. I've tried - especially when our boys are on - but I just can't

StSteven
Club Player

harvesj wrote:I guess I just don't get it, but I can't watch it. I've tried - especially when our boys are on - but I just can't
Me too. It is tired, and if I hear one more "greatest", biggest, number 1 journalist, record breaking, or any other self praising crap from Lyon or Brayshaw I will throw up.

Self praise is no praise.

markp
Saintsational Legend

It's for morons, plain and simple. Popular? So what?... I guarantee the aisle in the supermarket that sells the coke, lollies and chips is more popular than the fruit and veg aisle... same with takeaway shops selling truck loads dim sims, chips, people magazine and cigarettes. It's for people who are thick.

aussiejones
Club Player

CRAP = Ratings so Crap continues

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
well said Jill.
How does it not make sense?

Its exactly what I believe, as well.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
Spinner wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
well said Jill.

What the hell does all that mean?

Who the hell is Wayne?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
riccardo wrote:
Spinner wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
well said Jill.

What the hell does all that mean?

Who the hell is Wayne?
I'm guessing Carey.