This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Hi everyone.

Recently, a spate of ridiculously oversized avatars have appeared on the site, and I am calling a stop for it now.

The sites rules state...
6d. Avatars are permitted as jpeg, png or gif images, to a maximum size of 110 x 110 pixels, and may be removed by the administrators if they contravene the rules under Sections One, Two, Three and Five or are larger than prescribed
What is going to happen...

- All oversized avatars will be removed as I come accross them. If yours disappears, it was too big.
- If you put the avatar back, you will have priviliges removed.
- If you replace it with another avatar, which is also too big, it will be removed.
- If you then place an avatar too big for the 3rd time, you will lose your priviliges.

No one is exempt from these rules, whether you've been here 5 days or 5 years.

Thank you all.

They walk amongst us...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The forum software should automatically check avatars when they are uploaded or added to the profile, and decline if they exceed the requirements.

For some reason, it does not. So we're left with 200x200 (and bigger) avatars, and silly animated gifs over 500kb in size.

In fact, I think most peoples avatars are oversized by those rules (mine is 120x125), i'd knock the limit up to 150x150 (perhaps 125x125 even), 150kb (quite generous), and make sure the software actually enforces it.

Signatures should be cracked down on too, I don't want to have to look at someones signature every time they post. In fact, i've adblocked most of them. Most forums allow you to turn off the display of other peoples sigs, I thought we might have found this option with the upgraded software.

S.A Saint
Club Player

hey sorry about that guys, didn't know how to make it smaller.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

150 X 150 is still pretty big, mine is 100 X 150, I'm about to resize it as we speak....

I like the stricter approach to the site, keep up the good work HSVK :D

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Otiman"]
Signatures should be cracked down on too, I don't want to have to look at someones signature every time they post. In fact, i've adblocked most of them. Most forums allow you to turn off the display of other peoples sigs, I thought we might have found this option with the upgraded software.[/quote]

If you go to your profile you can check a box called enable bbcode, that will make sure you get a random URL instead of a sig...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
battye
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:The forum software should automatically check avatars when they are uploaded or added to the profile, and decline if they exceed the requirements.

For some reason, it does not. So we're left with 200x200 (and bigger) avatars, and silly animated gifs over 500kb in size.

In fact, I think most peoples avatars are oversized by those rules (mine is 120x125), i'd knock the limit up to 150x150 (perhaps 125x125 even), 150kb (quite generous), and make sure the software actually enforces it.

Signatures should be cracked down on too, I don't want to have to look at someones signature every time they post. In fact, i've adblocked most of them. Most forums allow you to turn off the display of other peoples sigs, I thought we might have found this option with the upgraded software.
The upgraded version of the forum will have all of those shiny features, it's just a ridiculously time consuming process to make the upgrade, and at the moment there is no imminent need to upgrade.

Style wise, the layout in the new upgrade is a lot different to what you are seeing now, regardless of which theme you are using. It's a very nice theme, but I'm sure a lot of people here won't adapt to such a huge change instantly. If you want to see an example of what I mean, try imagining Saintsational looking like this but with different colours: http://forums.cricketmx.com/

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Hollywood
Club Player

Forgive me. How can do you create an avatar and secondly place it on the site. I assume you create the jpeg and place it on the site's server? How do you do that bit? Sorry to be a nuisance.

Smile in adversity
Rise in a test
Inner glow when challenged
Together we will find success
Hollywood
Club Player

Testing Avatar

Is this size OK?

Smile in adversity
Rise in a test
Inner glow when challenged
Together we will find success
footy_first
Club Player

is this size ok

Apu
Club Player

I was told that its not the size that counts :wink:

Apu wrote:I was told that its not the size that counts :wink:
That's not what Mrs Apu said to me last night. :wink:

asiu

theres always the brick and string theory ...(purple is the new black)

but, actually , i was just wondering how your wife and my children were doing ?

:)

Apu
Club Player

gazrat wrote:

theres always the brick and string theory ...(purple is the new black)

but, actually , i was just wondering how your wife and my children were doing ?

:)
Heheheh
Actually I'm expecting my first in a 4 months time..... so if it comes out white I'll be looking in your direction Gazrat and grumpyone :)

Saintsational Legend

actually where do u do the avatar thing?
cause all i can see is a box that wants a URL for an off site avatar.

cheers in advance for those that can be bothered to respond :D