Hypothetically speaking if list lodgement was today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Scum wrote:Gee there are some people who take themselves too seriously on this forum. It was a hypothetical. If you're not interested, then don't post. Go outside and get some fresh air, instead of getting up on your soap box. I found it bloody interesting. Some good posts there.
When you are a mod n00b you can tell who can and cant post :roll:

Not after 8 worthless posts. Nice negative sig BTW.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Winmarvellous
Club Player

As he said. it's a hypothetical. I've read a lot worse written about Raph and Fiora on numerous other threads and notice you didn't shoot them down. It's a forum for opinions. I gave mine.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I would delist st trav, saint edward, winmarvellous.

Three of the most clueless posters ever to grace this forum.

What a s.hite thread. Talking about delisting when not a single game has been played.

Fair Dinkum, how incredibly negative and pathetic.
joffa would you rather another 100 threads on how geelong must be scared of us or how GT is the devil or maybe another *insert players name* thread that has the body of i think hes a good player

seriously read the very first post im not saying delist these players im asking from the form of the preseason who would be delisted if it were the year end

if you dont like the thread then dont post in it
heaven forbid someone actually put forth something to discuss on the forum :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Good on you JB: give em heaps.

This thread is symptomatic of the declining quality of the footy discussion on this forum.

How anyone can talk seriously about delisting a player that was selected for all 22 games last year or a rookie who has just been elevated to the main list: FFS!!

It's an irrelevant topic in week 1 of the season. Anything can and will happen in the next 6 months. Go and get a life.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
aussiejones
Club Player

" Fiora I dont like but played 22 games last year "

Lets not be premature , anyway Lyon likes him

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Good on you JB: give em heaps.

This thread is symptomatic of the declining quality of the footy discussion on this forum.

How anyone can talk seriously about delisting a player that was selected for all 22 games last year or a rookie who has just been elevated to the main list: FFS!!

It's an irrelevant topic in week 1 of the season. Anything can and will happen in the next 6 months. Go and get a life.
if you dont like it dont read it unlike other treads this one doesnt try an push peoples opinions as facts

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: The issue is spots on the list. If he can prove himself to be better than one or two of Connors, Steven, Howard - then he's secure. The issue is that we can't use up all the spots on our list for developing mids when we desperately need to develop forwards and backs.
With all due respect Otiman, if this is going to be such a long range hypothetical guess, I don't think the issue is 'spots on the list' more who has squandered those spots or opportunities, that's why I believe we can only safely say that the ones on thin ice would be those in their third year or more. Not your first or second year player/recruit/rookie.

It's my belief that these days, anyone who is not over 6'4" is a midfielder whether they play in the forward line or defence if that makes sense.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:It's my belief that these days, anyone who is not over 6'4" is a midfielder whether they play in the forward line or defence if that makes sense.
I guess that is the way the list is going. We develop 80% midfielders, 10% KP forwards, and 10% KP backs. This makes depth up forward and down back pretty lean though.

What if, continuing our hypothetical, everyone on the list does what is asked of them, we are going to have to delist or trade quite a few anyway. Do you then keep people, and trade for draft pick upgrades? So instead of picks 16, 32, 48 (assuming we win the flag), we trade Raph Clarke and Leigh Fisher and then get picks 16, 24, 27 (or thereabouts). Improving quality now that we have sufficient quantity of good players.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:unlike other treads this one doesnt try an push peoples opinions as facts
Fair point, I must confess

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
matrix
Saintsational Legend

4 of them huh?

1. Birss
2,3,&4 i'll let you lot argue over :lol: