tall forward out/tall forward in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:There's no team in the league that would handcuff their attack by dropping back that many extra players. Teams drop back one player, two at most.
It happened on Saturday night and we only had two talls. No team will go into a shootout against Riewoldt, Gehrig, Koschitzke, Mline and Schneider. They would try to shut down the forward line and we'll see many more games where 10 goals will get you and easy win.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well I will not see the game for overa week yet.....but Allen is simply not as good an option as some of our other pl;ayers.

3 Tall forwards (and I do not include Charlie who is a medium at 191)is a cumbersome set up and will only work if all are good.

Allen is not yet good.

I would also not play 3 talls with a crumber at the foot of each. talk about shooting yourself in the foot as it also drwars 2 backmen to each contest in the forward line.

You want Roo on clear leads...and not witha crumber and his opponent blocking a hole in front of him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Well I will not see the game for over a week yet.
how come? you obviously have internet access. are you on dial-up?

anyway you haven't missed much. we won but it was about as ugly as you can get.

in fact our 51 points was the lowest winning score in more than 350 matches at telstra dome.

sydney forced us into following their negative and miserable brand of football and it was a battle of defences for three quarters.

kosi (2.3) and roo (2.2) were the only multiple scorers on the park.

only one goal was scored to the coventry end (by either side) for the entire night.

nice to have the four points but i wouldn't want to be winning like that every week. we nearly got rolled with a minute to go after leading all night.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The coaching staff have got to work on Kosi's kicking for goal.
They need to take him back to basics just like they did with Stewart Loewe.

He is like Matthew Richardson - a hero who wins the game when he kicks straight but the guy who loses the game through the wasted opportunities when he kicks inaccurately.

It would also help if the coaching staff taught our defenders how to kick for goal - ignore the goal posts, they don't exist, pick out a guy in the crowd behind the goals and kick it him just like you do in normal play kicking to a team mate.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:The coaching staff have got to work on Kosi's kicking for goal. They need to take him back to basics just like they did with Stewart Loewe. He is like Matthew Richardson - a hero who wins the game when he kicks straight but the guy who loses the game through the wasted opportunities when he kicks inaccurately.
yep needs a bit of work, but it will come.

even at this early stage of his career as a full-time forward i'd still rather have kosi kicking for me than richo.

btw, he wasn't the only one. schneider, milne, m. gardiner and fiora all missed very gettable shots when it was in the balance. and there were others