How does Raph keep getting a game?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hAyES
Club Player

How does Raph keep getting a game?

The longer his career goes on, the worse he seems to get. He was horrible on Saturday night. His indecision, turnovers and lack of pace absolutely killed us in the backline. To me, it looks like teams are starting to exploit his lack of pace by using his man as the link man or putting him in the 50 and getting beaten off the mark, setting up a shot for goal which works almost every time. I can't see a single reason for having him in the side and hopefully he is dropped sooner rather than later.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

actually i found him to be alright....

i suspect gehrig/Goddard in for Fiora, & not sure haha

rexy
SS Life Member

Looks bad when he turns the ball over but I dont think he has a lack of pace and I dont think his man is used as a go to. I think he is a good defender as in spoiler of the ball and he is good at running out of the back line, improvement needs to come in decision making as far as when and where to dispose of the football.

Maybe this year?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh look another raph thread, quick lock it.... :roll:

id give him one more game.

ruddock v ruddock
Club Player

Now that flooding has become part of the game, heaps of players get caught from behind as they struggle to find a player in space. I thought Raph was generally okay and Ross spoke well of him in the after match. Unfortunately players like him and Milney seem to always be targetted as make ways. No one ever mentions errors from "cool" players like Monty - as good as Monty is, he missed an easy goal on the run in the first quarter that could have blown the Swans away...

santazzi
Club Player

I am kind of becoming tired of this constant white anting of some of our youngsters such as R.Clarke. Gilbert etc...........if I recall correctly the couch in his press interviews singled out Clarke among other youngsters that he has been pleased with his effort................sure we have very talented and promising but very green guys in our back line ........the club is showing confidence in them......let us support them and let them realize their full potential..................I am sure they consult this site and they do not need put downs from their own FAMILY .................................!!!!!!!!!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Raph was ok on Saturday. 85% of his game is great, he just needs to cut out those simple concerntration errors that happen every now and then.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Already a lengthy thread on Raph !!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Re: How does Raph keep getting a game?

hAyES wrote:The longer his career goes on, the worse he seems to get. He was horrible on Saturday night. His indecision, turnovers and lack of pace absolutely killed us in the backline. To me, it looks like teams are starting to exploit his lack of pace by using his man as the link man or putting him in the 50 and getting beaten off the mark, setting up a shot for goal which works almost every time. I can't see a single reason for having him in the side and hopefully he is dropped sooner rather than later.
SO who was the opponent that exploited his lack of pace and set up all the goals?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i thought he was okay....the coach thought he was okay......i don't give a flower what negative people think of him......how many games has he played...???20.....25??..........ffs......get a life...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Already a 3 page thread on Raph..did you not look even on the first page before you started this one??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor