Footy Classified

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_nick
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:Did I hear correctly that Caro said we see Carey Hird and Voss as the big three?
Big three what? Tossers? Then yes.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Did I hear correctly that Caro said we see Carey Hird and Voss as the big three?
she said carey, hird and buckley....lyon corrected her and said carey, hird and voss.

she was also called the 'first lady of football' by either lyon or hutchy
:?

my les foote
Club Player

No Brad Johnson?

Win it for HIM!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:
No Brad Johnson?
Apparently not - and no Harvey.

I assume that was tongue in cheek?

Cos I have no sense of humour.... :wink:

my les foote
Club Player

Yes it was toungue in cheek. I should make it more obvious but I'm emoticonally challenged.

Win it for HIM!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/s ... 12578.html
Saints planning challenge to Swans 'tunnelling' tactic
Caroline Wilson | March 25, 2008

ST KILDA is reviewing the potentially dangerous tactics it believes were employed by Sydney on Saturday night against its spearhead captain Nick Riewoldt.

The Saints' chief executive Archie Fraser confirmed last night that his club was considering lodging an official complaint with the AFL and its umpires boss Jeff Gieschen.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

speaking fo the Giesch- did anyone listen to MMM on Saturday and hear the commentators repeatedly mention to Aaron H about talking to the Gisch about things when he mets them as an advisor- I couldn't work out whether it was joking or not.
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 24 Mar 2008 11:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:The Saints' chief executive Archie Fraser confirmed last night that his club was considering lodging an official complaint with the AFL and its umpires boss Jeff Gieschen.
good on you archie!

i put this down as another victory to saintsational because concerns about the tunnelling issue came directly from this forum.

the power of the internet is awesome.

whether the league acts on it is another thing but imo it will have no choice.

from now on i expect roo to at least get a free kick from it every time some no-talent hack tries it on him.

but i'm not sure that is going far enough.

deliberately dragging his legs down, as i saw one opponent do, should be a reportable offence.

it's potentially as dangerous as a rugby spear tackle,

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:i put this down as another victory to saintsational because concerns about the tunnelling issue came directly from this forum.
not being picky, but thats dinkum?
if so then thats rather cool, shows that someone does actually listen to passionate fans.
i thought the coaching staff would have brought it up to the afl regardless of whether it was mentioned in here or not.
but its great if it was only mentioned to the afl cause people on a foum were concerned and started a thread. 8-) .

i cant seem them slapping a big report on every incident, but i can see them awarding free kicks for the action of tunnelling, and about time...last thing we wanna see is a saints player land on his head, any player in fact.

santazzi
Club Player

I think Saints should hand the AFL three documents..........

1. A clearly stated complaint about tunneling and its likely consequence....preferably prepared by the best legal mind money can buy.....

2. Clear statements about the likely results of tunneling from as many sports physicians, biomechanics experts and others who are in the know....and

3. Video evidence of all the incidents from last Saturday night.....and if good examples can be found from last years games...particularly those targeting
Roo...........

Confronted with this, the AFL will have to act to protect players....it has duty of care........If they fail to do so and a player suffers a career ending injury..........the player has the right to sue the AFL for an amount of his choice.......the AFL cannot say "We did not know....nobodu alerted us to this terrible develpopment......"

saintm
Club Player

saintbrat wrote: speaking fo the Giesch- did anyone listen to MMM on Saturday and hear the commentators repeatedly mention to Aaron H about talking to the Gisch about things when he mets them as an advisor- I couldn't work out whether it was joking or not.
I did hear Saintbrat but couldn't decide if it was a joke or not, either. I'm used to listening to ABC radio commentary and the Triple M commentary is certainly more "jovial". :)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
saintbrat wrote:The Saints' chief executive Archie Fraser confirmed last night that his club was considering lodging an official complaint with the AFL and its umpires boss Jeff Gieschen.
good on you archie!

i put this down as another victory to saintsational because concerns about the tunnelling issue came directly from this forum.

the power of the internet is awesome.

whether the league acts on it is another thing but imo it will have no choice.

from now on i expect roo to at least get a free kick from it every time some no-talent hack tries it on him.

but i'm not sure that is going far enough.

deliberately dragging his legs down, as i saw one opponent do, should be a reportable offence.

it's potentially as dangerous as a rugby spear tackle,
Yep....Well Said!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

taz
Club Player

these incidents are clearly a pre medicated tactic by a less capable player.

It is as dangerous and inappropriate as a spear tackle.

If Roos has instructed his player to employ that tactic he should be sanctioned. If Bolton should deliberately employed the tactic it should result in a suspension. If it was not deliberate then it should result in a free and 50 metre penalty.

I admired Archer immensely as a player. But fair dinkum he is a dumb and do doos. To suggest that it is a legitimate tactic for a shorter back-man is like saying shorter back-man should be able to drag tall forwards down prior to a mark. If your shorter than your opponent then learn to lea, get another opponent or grow a bit taller...

IT IS NOT A FAIR TACTIC AND IT IS DANGEROUS ! VERY

taz
Club Player

BOLTON = dirtiest player in the league !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:i thought the coaching staff would have brought it up to the afl regardless of whether it was mentioned in here or not.
but its great if it was only mentioned to the afl cause people on a forum were concerned and started a thread. 8-).
well they might have brought it up regardless, i don't know for sure.

but my best guess is that they were greatly encouraged to do so by the number of fans angered by what they saw as a low, dog act by a no-talent hack designed to nobble a thoroughbred.