I knew there was a reason to hate Umpires.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I knew there was a reason to hate Umpires.

I just heard a caller on Mark Doran's show (Leigh I think) who claimed he was a local umpire and swans fan.
He went on to absolutely bag the crap out of Roo saying thinks like he is the most over-protected player in the AFL, and he should know because he is an umpire.

He further claimed he got about 10 frees on Saturday night, some of which were warranted.

Get ready for teh wankers from all teams other than Saints to takle aim at Roo/us over this.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Did he get a phone call from Anderson half way through the interview offering him a job?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Did he get a phone call from Anderson half way through the interview offering him a job?
Yep, even offered him Goldspink's number for his white, yellow, red. orange, green shirts.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

this turkey obviously can't tell his arse from his elbow...roo got one free kick on saturday night......and it was there...if maybe a bit soft......but i saw another 3 or 4 that he should have got., but didn't..ffs...

....on a passing note........little ray is one chamberlain that i wish the dingo had taken......... :wink: :wink: :lol: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Halo
Club Player

The DINGO would have SPAT the little chestnut back!!!

GrumpyOne

Dunno which umpire it was, but I'd buy land from him anytime if the length of his 50 metre penalties is any guide.

Superboot
SS Life Member

A profound observation from my partner who I took to her first game of football on Saturday night.

She said, after the game, that every time there was a free kick she would have thought that it should have gone the other way.

This is not quite 'out of the mouths of babes' but you get my drift. It's amazing the truths that a naive observer can come out with.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Dunno which umpire it was, but I'd buy land from him anytime if the length of his 50 metre penalties is any guide.
Vermin Vozzo - I think he gave the 50's against us.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

It has also been reported on SEN that the umpires looked at the "tunneling" issue and admited that because of it they should have paid at least one and possibly two more free kicks to the Saints..

supersaints
Club Player

!0 free kicks ?? deserved at least four he did not get for tunnilingTypical wannbabe umpire idiot caller, claimed that the Swans never ever get free kicks, and that Hall was neaqrly killed having his head ripped off... however never mentioned that Hall treied to headbut players twice running into packs, and that he dropped Maguire behind play but was cleared to play the grand final

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

tbh nothing will be done about this issue till a shoulder is broken.

and the aerial mark is one of the highlights of the game.

at shytney, leo barry, tadgh keneally and a micky o (although not so much in recent years) have built reputations around high marking.

would love to see how they felt if it happened to barry.

as for soft, reiwoldt always has eyes for the ball first, something bolton should think about.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

supersaints wrote:and that he dropped Maguire behind play but was cleared to play the grand final
Super ... ya gotta let it go mate ... we can't change it now ... move on in your Saints life! :D :wink:

esaint66
SS Life Member

Superboot wrote:A profound observation from my partner who I took to her first game of football on Saturday night.

She said, after the game, that every time there was a free kick she would have thought that it should have gone the other way.

This is not quite 'out of the mouths of babes' but you get my drift. It's amazing the truths that a naive observer can come out with.

thats always the same.

it takes years to read a game of football perfectly.

it depends where your watching from.

its hard from level 3 at times, but i could tell every free kick from saturday night because i was watching the game on tv :lol:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

No seriously this guy should be a AFL umpire I mean according to him roo got 400 frees

Now lets look at the stats from the game

free's for 1
free's against 0

hmmmmmm something's going on here didn't he say Roo had seeral free kick's?

Considering he got virtually dumped on his head 3 or 4 times and he only got one free for anther instance?

Conclusion

THE PERFECT AFL UMPIRE seeing things he wants to see.

goodie
Club Player

Speaking as a former local umpire, this guy is a moron