Odds for a 60+ win.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Odds for a 60+ win.

What do you think I could fetch for a 60+ win next week. I know what you're thinking, based on that, we'll never win by 60+. Well, Carlton are a different side, we always play a better style of footy against them.

PLay like we did in the first 15 minutes of this game and its in the bag, Never been a betting man but might slip to the local TAB after work this weeka nd slip a lazy 50 on us.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i would say about $5.50 for a 60+ win.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
kalsaint
Club Player

Re: Odds for a 60+ win.

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:What do you think I could fetch for a 60+ win next week. I know what you're thinking, based on that, we'll never win by 60+. Well, Carlton are a different side, we always play a better style of footy against them.

PLay like we did in the first 15 minutes of this game and its in the bag, Never been a betting man but might slip to the local TAB after work this weeka nd slip a lazy 50 on us.
Unfortunately I would say the odds would be $1.50 2 to 3 years ago. Now this would be $6.00+ as we have forgotten how to bash a club that is down. We need to get this aspect of our game back to gain percentage not play Sydney surburban style.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Winning by 60+ would mean we'd have to kick more than 10 goals for the match.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Winning by 60+ would mean we'd have to kick more than 10 goals for the match.
dont get to ahead of your self....i have a very bad feeling about this weeks game! :? :? :?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep, I think a win is on the card, we are a better side.

last year we won due to individual efforts, this year if we don't play as a team we will be exposed.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Winning by 60+ would mean we'd have to kick more than 10 goals for the match.
spot on.

Our forward line is only good on paper.

Until they get their act together (hopefully soon - G returning should help!), and the midfield learn to kick with confidence and at goal, we will struggle to beat any team by more than 3 goals.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

How many times did we thrash teams last year?

Carlton are every chance to knock us off and wondering openly what a 60+ win will pay is pretty arrogant IMO.

You could have loaded up any betting to site to check if you really wanted to know, anyway.

Ridiculous thread.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Or an awful lot of behinds.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:How many times did we thrash teams last year?

Carlton are every chance to knock us off and wondering openly what a 60+ win will pay is pretty arrogant IMO.

You could have loaded up any betting to site to check if you really wanted to know, anyway.

Ridiculous thread.
Well then lock it. I don't care. I was just wondering out loud if you like. I'm not arrogant. I don't think we will iwn by ten goals. It was more way of saying if we play like we did the first ten minutes, it will be a very different game on Saturday night.

As long as we win that's all I care about.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have a win over 40 points all year. That just doesn't happen with our ultra-conservative game plan.

We get a nice little lead on teams and then shut the game down, rather than strengthening the attack and trying to put the opposition completely out of it.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

We've had four in a row decided by less than a goal. I don't care if it's Carlton or not, we haven't won by big margins under Ross. IIRC we've had 6 games where we've scored 100 points or more and only three where we've won by more than five goals. We haven't beaten anybody by 10 or more.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yes vac, its a concern. Percentage does matter, not just the 4pts.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

As I’ve said in another thread, 4 points first worry about % 2nd.
If you all think we are just gonna walk up a smash Carlton you’re kidding yourselves. Wins on the board early in the season counts percentage will look after itself. A10 goal win would be nice but then what does it say about Carlton and what does it say about our team are we that good or are Carlton that bad?

Win

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

yes of course Pwoit, but we NEVER give the percentagea boost, not in RL's regin so far.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:yes of course Pwoit, but we NEVER give the percentagea boost, not in RL's regin so far.
If we won every game by 1 point where on the ladder do you think we would be sitting?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

If we were that close with two minutes to go in every game, we would win 50%, maybe 60%...so maybe 7 or 8th!

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:If we won every game by 1 point where on the ladder do you think we would be sitting?

I'll try again :roll:

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i think we will make the top 4 maybe top5 this year, but to win the flag we need to go top 4 and i think we have the team to do it

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Pwoit wrote:
Pwoit wrote:If we won every game by 1 point where on the ladder do you think we would be sitting?

oh christ, ok we would be top! But for real life scenario, I give you ZERO points.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
Pwoit wrote:

oh christ, ok we would be top! But for real life scenario, I give you ZERO points.
Zero for what ?? for stating the fact that % doesn't matter if you win every game :roll:

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Well we AINT going to win every game, not even close, so % is VERY important.

casey scorp
Club Player

The good thing about the Sydney win from a % point of view is that Sydney scored so little. It means that we only have to win by 18 points over par to drag the % back up to 140%.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:We get a nice little lead on teams and then shut the game down, rather than strengthening the attack and trying to put the opposition completely out of it.
yep, our inability to deliver the knockout blow is a big concern. we've made a bit of a habit of having matches won then letting the opposition back in and really need to find that killer instict again.

HarveysDeciple

since Goose in Round one last year we have been pretty conservative with bringing blokes back.

always erring on the side of an extra week if there is even the slightest hint that its necessary and thats fair enough.