Crying footballers - Another bogfooty special

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Crying footballers - Another bogfooty special

I've had enough of the morons and keyboard heroes on that site. I'm aware we have them here too but at least they barrack for the same team as me.

One particular example that irks me is the Riewoldt crying incident. Now I don't mind if the picture is brought up as a joke or something in bay 13 - that's fair game. BUT, it SH!ts me that no matter how awesome a player Riewoldt is, no matter how much he dominates, he will ALWAYS be remembered for that goddamn night he did his collarbone.

Never mind that he was frustrated, felt like he was letting the team down and felt like a failure as a captain - all in his first match as captain - at the age of 21 no less - watching St.Kilda fail, when it was because of him we hit the front. The very reason these effing keyboard heroes think he cried was becuase he hurt his shoulder.

No wonder, every post I read on that site makes me want to smash the computer screen.

Let me express something here - crying, whatever the reason is a form of emotion, which may be a cause of pain, anguish or loss BUT is also caused by PASSION.

Passion is a powerful emotion to have - its the reason we all love Harvey so much. It drives us, it motivates us and it rules us. Unfortunately, this is something those idiots will NEVER understand. Safe behind their keyboards, they take potshots at Riewoldt simply because he cried on camera. Disregard everything else he has ever done - htis has branded him a sook for life and earns him the label "soft".

These same idiots obviously weren't watching his amazing mark in round 11 2004 against Sydney back with the flight of the ball (that saintbot still has on his avatar) or they'd think twice before calling him soft I bet.

It really is so easy to just say something on the internet when in life, its a completely different story. But again, that is just something all these people will never understand.

this damn thread has some good examples of the kind of morons I'm talking about:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... c&t=426080

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

wow

people cry!

s*** hey

i cried in million dollar baby!

there is nothing wrong with a man crying

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:i cried in million dollar baby!
:shock:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I respect Riewoldt for crying, to me it shows his passion, if anybody wants to call him a sook they're the ones that look like a moron...
Tall Poppy Syndrome at it's best...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:i cried in million dollar baby!
:shock:
haha yeah at the end when she got killed.... but alot of people did
there is nothing wrong with it

and trust me when we win this long awaited flag hopefully this year,
i will be crying drnking being so HAPPY

st_nick
Club Player

Some of the posts in that thread just made me shake my head. What is it with people who feel like they have to act steely tough 24/7 and anyone who doesn't is soft/weak/gay/*insert derogatory term of choice here*?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

If you see Chuck Norris crying he will grant you a wish - if your wish is death!! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
ttufc7
Club Player

Chuck Norris' tears can cure Cancer

Unfortunatley Chuck Norris has never cried

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Who cares what those opposition keyboard waaiors say about Roo?
It just means when he tears their team apart it will hurt them even more.

WHy not just ask these 'heroes' if he was available would they want their club to go after him?

supersaints
Club Player

No one seems to remember james hird on TV crying on the bench when he injured his ankle early one season, commentators and everyone said how they felt for him because he was going to miss at least half a dozen matches, Hird was captain of the Bummers and a lot older than Nick... I get p...ed`off about it myself.....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:No one seems to remember james hird on TV crying on the bench when he injured his ankle early one season, commentators and everyone said how they felt for him because he was going to miss at least half a dozen matches, Hird was captain of the Bummers and a lot older than Nick... I get p...ed`off about it myself.....
yeah he prob just rolled it too....pansie :P

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:23am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Riewoldt is a f****** utter champion with pharlaps heart implanted.

He's a hella tall poppy.

suss
Club Player

I don't read/post on that site at all these days. It's full of spineless morons taking pot shots elite athletes from behind their keyboards. Pre-internet those type of conversations were restricted to lunchtime in primary school.

Take a look at SaintBot's avatar. That's courage. Leading his team at 21, that's courage. Backback into a pack. Breaking his collarbone and playing on. He's one of the most couragous blokes playing the game and has proved it time and time again.

HarveysDeciple

I wonder if those who call sit behind computers and eat pies in the outer calling Riewoldt soft for crying, would run flat out and through themselves head first in marking contests.

and then would do it all again as soon as they return from a broken collarbone...

I very much doubt these tough guys would stand up to such a test.