Roos blasts Archie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you watch next week the umpires will be red hot on it.

either that or they will 100% ignore it, till someone gets injured.

roos is no different from the other coaches and his halo is poisoned now.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
farquhar
Club Player

I was surprised Archie was the one bringing the issue up. I thought it should have been Ross Lyon as coach.

I am becoming a big fan of Archie, he is not afraid to bring up any issue. Well done to Archie.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Apu wrote:A potentially dangerous situation occured numerous times during the game without so much as a free kick given. EVERY defender watching that game would be tempted to use those tactics, some of the dirtier ones would go the next step and actually do it. By formally raising this issue we have sent the message to all 16 clubs that THIS IS NOT OK. An informal "chat" between coaches would NOT achieve this.

IMO the St Kilda Board is 100% correct on this.
-It is not their concern if media beats up the story unnecessarily
-It is not their concern if Paul Roos or Craig Bolton are "Offended" by us raising the issue with the AFL
-It is not their concern if some idiots on bigfooty or bomberblitz view St Kilda as being soft

Their concern is the safety and well being of our players, and in this regard they did a stellar job.
The names Campbell Brown and Andrew Raines spring readily to mind for some strange reason !!

3:16
Club Player

Roos should focus on coaching positive football!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

farquhar wrote:I was surprised Archie was the one bringing the issue up. I thought it should have been Ross Lyon as coach. I am becoming a big fan of Archie, he is not afraid to bring up any issue. Well done to Archie.
must admit he keeps going up in my estimation too. really appears to have the club's best interests at heart.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

By having AF raise this issue it will have the best possible outcome. Well Done and Well Read Archie Fraser !!

santazzi
Club Player

1. until this issue is settled let us please forget Roosey or Rossy and refer to the coaches as Roos and Lyon. I am getting all confused

2. I will be disappointed if Fraser has gone public without consulting Lyon. I will be more disappointed if Fraser has consulted Lyon and Lyon has said to Roos that he knew nothing about it

3. I will be very very disappointed indeed if all the submission by the Saints was, as Roos claims, " Is this free kick...is that free kick?" kind of stuff. My feeling is that Roos "MISSPOKE"...ala Hilary Clinton......!!!

Shaggy
Club Player

Well done Archie despite the resulting ridicule you will receive.

Roo will be better looked after next time.

Good work.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:1. until this issue is settled let us please forget Roosey or Rossy and refer to the coaches as Roos and Lyon. I am getting all confused

2. I will be disappointed if Fraser has gone public without consulting Lyon. I will be more disappointed if Fraser has consulted Lyon and Lyon has said to Roos that he knew nothing about it

3. I will be very very disappointed indeed if all the submission by the Saints was, as Roos claims, " Is this free kick...is that free kick?" kind of stuff. My feeling is that Roos "MISSPOKE"...ala Hilary Clinton......!!!
Archie is on the public record stating that he and Matthew Drain were "All over this" as early as Sunday !!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry ... Fraser and Lyon very much see "eye to eye".

Handled beautifully by our CEO this week IMO.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Archie is on the public record stating that he and Matthew Drain were "All over this" as early as Sunday !!
that's because saintsational ... your good self, ausfatcat, loris, etc ... were all over it as early as saturday night.

and good on archie for acting on it.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Paul Roos doth protest too much.
Archie has dobbed in Sydney on their illegal tactic and now the AFL and umpires are alerted.
Sydney will now find their small defence more exposed without this tactic - no wonder Roos is upset, he would have preferred it to be kept quiet.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

[quote="RoseInOz"]“I’ve spoken to (Swans CEO) Myles Baron-Hay today and our clubs continue to have a good relationship,â€

aussiejones
Club Player

Roos tried to put a spin on it all also tried to divide RL and AF.
Roos tried to get out of it as best he could .

End result :
Umps will be all over it and it will disappear .
Umps know now they should have paid frees.
Roos knew tunneling was dangerous (but tried it anyway )
Bolton did what he was told
AF did the right thing

Lets just focus on this week

docsaint
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:It's ironic how Paul Roos claims he's never heard the term "Tunelling" when he lived here he was a fairly decent basketballer.
I thought about this too. Paul Roos would know more about American based sports than just about anyone. He is married to an American, has lived there, and would have picked apart other sports for tactics he could use and adapt for our game, especially American sports. I find it very difficult to believe he has never heard of "tunnelling"

He just lost a whole lot of credibility with me with what I think is a blatant lie

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

[quote="riccardo"][quote="RoseInOz"]“I’ve spoken to (Swans CEO) Myles Baron-Hay today and our clubs continue to have a good relationship,â€

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

[quote="riccardo"][quote="RoseInOz"]“I’ve spoken to (Swans CEO) Myles Baron-Hay today and our clubs continue to have a good relationship,â€

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Mr Magic"][quote="riccardo"][quote="RoseInOz"]“I’ve spoken to (Swans CEO) Myles Baron-Hay today and our clubs continue to have a good relationship,â€

Megamaguire
Club Player

Archie did well showing concern for Roo

Good on Archie to stand up for Roo and question the danger in the afl standing idly by as a rotten tactic makes its way into the game.

Rossi shouldn't take his eye of the coaching ball and just keep on truckin. I heard Matthew Richardson air his own concerns about coaches using 'tunnelin' So this is obviously aa bigger issue than a Paul Roos issue.

Richo and Archie are right to bring this issue into focus.

Saint Kilda is a clean playing team and Riewoldt in particular is a very clean player. I'd rather see the likes of Roo & Richo thrieve in the game - not flooding and scrappy games.

G O R O O !

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Bloody hell - if the body contact unbalancing Edwards didn't contribute to his leg break today I'll go he.

This is ridiculous. Anyone that thinks it's a reasonable thing to do should really watch the Edwards mark and injury. Maybe I'm over sensitive but it looked very familiar.

jill
Club Player

AGREE! But it's the Swans so Nothing will happen!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:Bloody hell - if the body contact unbalancing Edwards didn't contribute to his leg break today I'll go he.

This is ridiculous. Anyone that thinks it's a reasonable thing to do should really watch the Edwards mark and injury. Maybe I'm over sensitive but it looked very familiar.
tunnelling?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:Bloody hell - if the body contact unbalancing Edwards didn't contribute to his leg break today I'll go he.

tunnelling?
Yep- IMO! It just looked like more than simply providing a contest - he seemed to go under him (Edwards was slightly ahead and leaping) and his legs were taken from under him.

But maybe I was just looking for it - I don't care for the swans. Interested in others' opinions.