Which is the worst?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainterone
Club Player

Which is the worst?

The Ch7 commentators or the umpires?....

Both teams have displayed some of the worst efforts I have seen / heard for a long time....

I'm sure the umps aren't biased but the commentating is just OFF :evil:

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Good post.

Channel 7 commentators. I cannot have Schwarz and his bias. He so wanted the Brions to win last night it wasnt funny. Umps will always be umps.....I think we learn to live with that now.... :evil:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

No, the umpires were the worst, as they are most games.

The problem remains - as GT summed it up controversially a couple of years ago - that too often they give free kicks based on what they think happened rather than on what they actually saw.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yep.

I almost smashed my TV in the first quarter.

Carlton kicked 3.2 out of 4.4. at quarter time from free kicks, and the ones against Blake and Hudghton were two of the worst decisions I (and Wallsy) have seen.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

The in the back on Hudge in the first...

Seriously....where is this game going.

Absolute disgrace.

These "Umpires" must, MUST grow up playing netball or hockey. Some sport where you have cardio fitness..

They have no clues at all...

this game is getting killed off by a thousand cuts of absolute pathetic umpiring.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Huzzad
Club Player

The Umps were a disgrace. 3 goals i counted because of pathetic decisions. As the commentators said, "why even bother having defenders when they can't defend". I agree. Unless the AFL want to ban defenders altogether, they have to get their act together. Tonights umpiring was an absolute disgrace to the game of AFL.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Buckley when commentating has very good forward observations, a fair bit of what he says eventuates shortly after.

Schwarz's comments seem to go the other way, as soon as he suggests a switch, the opposite occurs and it works for the team.

Umpire 23 tonight - at one stage I thought he was playing as a loose man in Carlton's backline - he just seemed to be in the way, filling the holes.

jill
Club Player

Umps ordinary but commentators appalling - NOT ONE MADE ANY COMMENT WHEN GARDINER MARKED/DIDN'T MARK - just continued with the commentary in spite of - were plenty of other eg's but that was the stand out for me & in spite of all the praise they heaped on Waite still happy with Roo's contribution & Waite's disposal.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Yep.

I almost smashed my TV in the first quarter.

Carlton kicked 3.2 out of 4.4. at quarter time from free kicks, and the ones against Blake and Hudghton were two of the worst decisions I (and Wallsy) have seen.
So they were bad decisions....

I was yelling, but being up there on level 3, it was hard to know if i was right.