Good to see...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Good to see...

Raph Fiora and Blake all having serviceable games tonight. Yes, they made errors, yes they looked clumsy at times, but they stood up at other times, and shut the nay sayers up. Just got back from the game and would say these three played well tonight. Far from our best but none deserve to be dropped.

Also good to see that the place hasn't changed and they are still the SS scapegoats. :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wont stop the usual suspects from moaning and whining like an EH diff.

The whpping boys wil get theirs as soon we have a loss.

One has even threatened to hold me to what i have written - ooooohhhh, I'm shivering in my boot with fear :roll:

FAIR DINKUM :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jmac101
Club Player

i thought fiora was very very good tonight. i remember a play in the centre square in the third quarter i think where he came in hard and put a good body in. dont think he won possession but it was the desperation some on here slam him for not having.

he was a contributer tonight and in a sloppy game i think we were lucky to have his skills.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

You a bit fired up JB

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Both had reasonably good games - Just one question....why wont Raph mark the ball?

james rose
Club Player

fingers wrote:Both had reasonably good games - Just one question....why wont Raph mark the ball?
first time he didn't thought it was the safe option...

second time he didn't know he had that much space, blame his team mates when he started the run to the ball fev was next to him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

be cause a defender should ALWAYS punch first before attempting a mark, thats why.
once he gets his awareness he'll learn when to mark and when to punch.
u always go safety first.....

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Fair call.....I'd like to see a bit more communication from players...might help in him knowing when he can mark and also stop 3 players going for the same ball.

|Andy|
Club Player

i was really disapointed with raph today, as was this other bloke in front of me...
That bloke booed him off when he interchanged, but i just thought raph's decision making was terrible. I mean, the punching instead of marking i could take, but when the momentum was going one way, he suddenly kicks the ball, back against the momentuum, and u could just see the whole sea of players turning directions.

And what i was terribly dissapointed about was when he handballed it off to harvey in the 2nd quarter or something, he didn't even attempt to shepard harvey, causing harvey to go back into the defensive 50...

IMO, terrible game by Raph, and hope he is dropped for a rookie until he can learn to make good decisions.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

I know I swear on the forum a lot and its not good for the kids but fair dinkum, some posters really piss me off. :evil:

:roll:

EDIT: DAMN SWEARING FILTER!
Last edited by OneEyedSainter77 on Sat 29 Mar 2008 11:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

they all played good games, but again Raph's still suffering from the same problems he always does

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
nicko016
Club Player

Fiora was good tonight and played his best game so far this year including the NAB Cup. Raph was alright and was neither good nor bad but will be so much better with more experience and confidence. I can't see him being fantastic this year but if he can play 15-20 games and stay relatively injury-free he will set himself up to really improve next year with some confidence. Just look at Xavier who had 19 or so games last year and didn't show all that much but looks like breaking out this year.

However, on Raph, for mine, he'd still be the one to go out of the side if Goddard and Maguire come back. But its definately not because his form been bad, moreso that everyone's contributing and someone has to go. Especially when considering structure as Goddard will efectively play his role so our structure won't be upset if he isn't playing.