Next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

I was just about to write the same as Brooksey's Babe -- it seems logical that Goddard will replace either Raph or Gilbert. I'd prefer all three in, but there are only 22 places!
I'm very keen to have Charlie Gardner in our forward line too. Same problem though. (Unless you drop Kosi on form.)

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:in goddard. out fiora or geary.
neither of them deserve to go out

Raph does though

i thought raph was very good tonight
Watching Raph from ground level he played a great game, does alot of smart things, he will not be dropped.
My tip
In Bj out Gilbert

Before Im 85
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:in goddard. out fiora or geary.
neither of them deserve to go out

Raph does though

i thought raph was very good tonight
Watching Raph from ground level he played a great game, does alot of smart things, he will not be dropped.
My tip
In Bj out Gilbert
Dont bother trying to convince the idiots and flogs who are bagging Raph. This Ralphy tool admitted he has never played a game of football in his life and wouldn't know s.hite from clay.

Obviously an armchair critic who can see more from his TV in Morwell than you can from 20 metres away. :roll:

If some of this idiots actually went to the game or knew something about the game you would consider their opinion, but it is worth nothing.

Raph was again very good in another tight display from the team in the backline.

He wont be dropped as he is an integral part of the team. People who understand football and most importantly the coach know this. Flogs and pissant internet critics have no idea.

Gram should be dropped for Goddard. Supposed to be the long penetrating kicker in the team but his disposals were atrocious last night. Not saying he is a bad player, but is not doing what he is there for. If you are going to drop anyone for a long penetrating kicker it would be the player who is supposed to be doing that and isn't.

Nice problem to have I must say.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kaos theory
Club Player

Raph has enormous upside potentail, while a player like blake is playing at his peak.

IMO the main resaon why raph stays in the team, while at times not playing well is because of the huge upside. Remember, this is the FIRST yr since he has come to the club that he has had a pre-season and strung together some games.

I think RL knows this, and he needs to allow time for raph to build confidence, touch and timing at the top level. Anyway he played resoanably well yesterday....

Its a difficult choice, but maybe blake for goddard. They play similar roles (Goddard can play as a utility floating across half back, and start forward moves).

Sam23
SS Life Member

In; Goddard
Out; Geary

this WILL happen.

Goddard.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

On further reflection, it has to be Goddard in for Gilbert or Geary.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:why Geary?

too outside?

18 touches 4 contested no clangers.. or is it just the others impress more...
I don't want him to be dropped, but I think it's just a matter of having the runs on the board. Gilbert was great last year and is now being tought how to play as a key defender. Lyon rates Raph very highly and sees him as a key part of our team for the next 8 years. Geary has come into the team and before very well, but he's playing a position that can be easily covered and will work against him.

I actually like Solar's suggestion of dropping King for Goddard and playing Kosi as the second ruckman.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

dont like the suggestion of dropping king,

dropping geary yeah maybe?

drop fiora, gilbert (they both need to get back to form of last year and maybe think about dropping Leigh Fisher,

Solar
Saintsational Legend

not sure why we ant to drop any of our mid sized backs against the doggies. Last night we were very top heavy and against a running side in the doggies we might not match them in rotations. Personally I felt kosi started to get his confidence back when he went into the ruck and it's not like hudson is a world killer. I would back gardiner to ruck 60% and kosi to ruck the other 40%. Work gilbo and BJ off the bench as midfield rotations.

For mine I like the idea of Out: king In:BJ

I'm more worried about us hitting our targets, when was the last time we made over 50 clangers in a match!! :O

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

why not play king next to Gehrig & milne?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:why not play king next to Gehrig & milne?
Perhaps because our forward line is already too top heavy, King can't take an overhead mark and has no idea about playing forward?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:why not play king next to Gehrig & milne?
remind me the last time king has taken a contested mark?? silly comment.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith