Good Signs in my opinion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

rodgerfox wrote: In the context of a thread that talks about good signs from last night, I cannot see the relevance of what you have just posted.

Are you sure you were responding to my post?
You and I both know I was responding to your post - all of them, the overall tone and content is a constant stream of depressing drivel.

You have managed to focus on nothing but negatives in everything that has occurred thus far, from an undefeated pre-season preparation, good signs from rookies and young kids, a 2 from 2 start to the real thing, to a 40 point win Saturday night, resulting in a position in the top 4. Your responses can be basically summed up as you being unable to see any positives other than Lenny Hayes and Sam Fisher ! (Thank god for those 2 hey, as without their individual brilliance we would be in the shyte, at least according to your tiresome inferences).

Your transparent agenda driven negativity is boring and old. You clearly set out to criticise anything to do with the current coach, are enamoured with his predecessor who departed a year and a half ago, and really basically bring down any topic you contribute to with your second rate attempts to be intellectual and cunning with your leading little statements and juvenile one-liners.

Perhaps you should heed the old adage of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

No, all is not rosy, there is plenty of scope for improvement yet, but I would be concerned if we were at the top of our game this early on, and the positives thus far this year far outweigh the negatives in my humble opinion.

At least attempt to be objective in your appraisal of the performance of the team you supposedly love, rather than constantly attempting to conjur major faults out of 7 goal victories to support your thinly veiled dislike of the coach.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
yipper
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: In the context of a thread that talks about good signs from last night, I cannot see the relevance of what you have just posted.

Are you sure you were responding to my post?
You and I both know I was responding to your post - all of them, the overall tone and content is a constant stream of depressing drivel.

You have managed to focus on nothing but negatives in everything that has occurred thus far, from an undefeated pre-season preparation, good signs from rookies and young kids, a 2 from 2 start to the real thing, to a 40 point win Saturday night, resulting in a position in the top 4. Your responses can be basically summed up as you being unable to see any positives other than Lenny Hayes and Sam Fisher ! (Thank god for those 2 hey, as without their individual brilliance we would be in the shyte, at least according to your tiresome inferences).

Your transparent agenda driven negativity is boring and old. You clearly set out to criticise anything to do with the current coach, are enamoured with his predecessor who departed a year and a half ago, and really basically bring down any topic you contribute to with your second rate attempts to be intellectual and cunning with your leading little statements and juvenile one-liners.

Perhaps you should heed the old adage of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

No, all is not rosy, there is plenty of scope for improvement yet, but I would be concerned if we were at the top of our game this early on, and the positives thus far this year far outweigh the negatives in my humble opinion.

At least attempt to be objective in your appraisal of the performance of the team you supposedly love, rather than constantly attempting to conjur major faults out of 7 goal victories to support your thinly veiled dislike of the coach.
Indeed. Who the hell wants them to be at their peak in Rd.2!!?? To describe a game where there was an 80 point turnaround as pathetic is way over the top - in my opinion!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
That's funny.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Hold on.

This is a thread about the signs being god after Saturday night.

We beat a team that we've beaten 9 times in a row, who were beaten by Richmond last week, and who finished 15th last year.

We let them kick 6 in the last quarter.

We started poorly.

We looked disjointed. Our skills were poor. We didn't look cohesive. We looked very ordinary to be honest. Of the 19 goals we kicked, 7 of them were in the last quarter when it was all over - and they kicked 6 of their own in the last.

As for hating the coach?? I've been a supporter of Lyon from the time we signed him. I like him a lot. I'm still not sure he's a good coach - mainly because we still look like a team who's not playing as a team, 12 months on.

After 1.5 pre-seasons and a full season together, I'd expect to see much more cohesion.

So, as in previous posts I've tipped us to come 3rd this year. But on topic, as the thread is about - I didn't see good signs form Saturday at all.

It was very, very disappointing.

I don't expect us to be at 100% at this stage. But with the Bulldogs, Essendon and Geelong coming up, we need to be a bit more 'on' than we've been so far this year.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

At the moment i would be worried its only round 2 but we would hope for continual improvement each week.

I also hope we have more than gameplan A and are just trialing different tactics.

I would rather win ugly and hope we get better each week and peak at the business end of the year than lose gracefully knowing that we cant improve anymore