Congrats Milney Number 11 in all time Saints Goalkickers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Great work Yap.

For height and style of play comparative for the era's, Milney is clearly ahead of any smallish forwards we have ever had, surely.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

alot better than brett bowie but i thought craig obrien was pretty good.

super dooper
Club Player

Just goes to show that depsite how frustrating he can be for a supporter, its hard to find small forwards that have kicked that many goals.

Well done Milney, but dont stop now!!!!

With the likes of some of the stars that we have on our list, id say Milney is earning no where near the likes of Roo, Kosi, Hayes, Ball, Dal etc, hence we would be getting very good value on the financial side of things in respect to his output.

It would be interesting to compare him to the likes of Didak, Farmer, nathan brown, mark williams, corey jones, Gablett jnr (as a forward), wirrapanda (since he has played a lot more up forward of late) etc in respect to output (ave goals to what they are being paid at their respective clubs.

id say the likes of Brown, Didak, Farmer would be overpaid for their contribution to their side as a forward.
Gablett is a star - But we have bakes to stop him (well not in 2 weeks :cry: )
as for the others it would be hard to judge, maybe more on goal averages...

yipper
SS Life Member

robbie muir wrote:George Young was indeed a great footballer. He was an absolute great left foot kick.Left at the end of 1978(after 6 seasons) to go back home to WA. This also coincided with the saints dropping down the ladder.

3. Absolute great games he played for us are:

1. 1973 Elimination Final against Essendon. Think he kicked 6 from a half forward flank.
2. 1975 Round 20 kicked 8 against Collingwood but we still lost. Phil Carman in his white boots kicked 11.
3.Against Fitzroy in his last season kicked 10 at Moorabbin.
Young played many fine games for us - he was widely regarded for his brilliance, but questions were always around about his form in wet-weather. Well, I watched him kick 7 against the then powerful Blues team in pouring rain at Waverley one day. He was a dead-set super player. He left after doing his knee in Rd 21 of the 78 season - went back home to W.A. - he is still a mad Sainter today. Loves the club. Lve to have George Young on the HFF in todays team.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.