I cannot read this forum --

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:geelong were 2-3 last year

sydney were 0-3 in their year of glory...

there is really no need to panic yet
No that's true, but with Geelong and Port Adelaide, the Grand Final participants of last year, sandwiching a game against Essendon in the next three weeks, that game vs the Bombers is looking like a must-win game, otherwise we could very well be staring down the barrell of 2 - 4.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

If we drop both Geelong and Port our season is gone anyway. A win against Essendon is going to get us back on track FFS? Essendon wont be playing finals!

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Wollongong_saint wrote:Sure, maybe a lot of us are being a little pessimistic....but I think you are doing the exact opposite.

5) Geelong were 2-3 last year.

To even attempt to draw parallels is laughable. We are nowhere near the team Geelong was even after three games last year. Even if we has won tonight we wouldn't be. They were showing signs of things starting to happen.

If we beat Geelong I will happily admit I'm fickle and have no faith......but I think most of us have a more realistic view of how the season is unfolding so far.
Ok, how about 1997? We were 1-4 and ended up minor premiers, only losing the flag in the end due to a disturbing mix of injuries and misfortune...

This year is far from over. We have a great side that hasn't clicked yet and we're effectively 6-1, did you honestly think we were going to go through the year undefeated? I'm as uspet as anyone, and while I don't think we're in a position to beat Geelong next week I reckon we'll still give this season a real shake once we hit our stride....

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
kalsaint
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:geelong were 2-3 last year

there is really no need to panic yet
YEP quite true, no need for panic.

Just remember that panic results from lack of control of events. People are making up their own history that creates the panic in their minds.

Hiostory at Saints land has not been favourable so some will panic. Fact of lfe.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

there is really no need to panic yet[/quote]

Didn't see the match as I was up the bush and haven't seen a replay.
Interested in any posters comments about the intensity shown by the Sainters. Saw the first two rounds and although we won I thought there was a lack of desperation and urgency. It was especially disappointing that we let back to within 7 goals when we should have won by 13.
Saw the first quarter scores from Friday night and thought we we going to cane them. When I found out the final score I was stunned. WTF happened?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:If we drop both Geelong and Port our season is gone anyway. A win against Essendon is going to get us back on track FFS? Essendon wont be playing finals!
Port are second last right now, and have barely looked like winning all year. We should be beating them.