Gold Coast - which end is our cheer squad?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saints4ever
Club Player

Gold Coast - which end is our cheer squad?

I notice that tickets are on sale for the Roos v Saints game at the gold coast. I don't want to end up sitting in a sea of blue/white. Anyone know which end our cheer squad will be? Or at least where a pocket of Red White and Black will be?

TIA

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gold Coast - which end is our cheer squad?

saints4ever wrote:I notice that tickets are on sale for the Roos v Saints game at the gold coast. I don't want to end up sitting in a sea of blue/white. Anyone know which end our cheer squad will be? Or at least where a pocket of Red White and Black will be?

TIA
sea of blue and white what with theire four members ?? :lol:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saints4ever
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:sea of blue and white what with theire four members ?? :lol:
You have a point - though I have heard they are up to 5 now - record membership apparently :wink:

shoreline
Club Player

Good question saint4ever, I too will need to know the answer to where the saints supporters will be sitting. Nothing worse than travelling interstate only to arrive to be seated in amongst opposition supporters

saints4ever
Club Player

I have emailed the club - will let you know when I hear back from them

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to go to that, but I've heard Carara is damn near impossible to get to, so I'll have to check, but still planning on making an apperance.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

here ya go:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

how many does carrara hold???

should i buy tickets now for it???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:how many does carrara hold???

Only if you are going.

esaint66
SS Life Member

saints4ever wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:sea of blue and white what with theire four members ?? :lol:
You have a point - though I have heard they are up to 5 now - record membership apparently :wink:

They have 30,000 something members so their looking ok to me :shock:

I think i might be makeing the trip up to Carrara staying with some relatives.

The ground ive heard is out in the middle of nowhere so not that easy to get to but i'll try :wink:

saints4ever
Club Player

Thanks Saintdooley :D

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Re Carrara. Not sure how many it holds, between 15 & 20,000. Wouldn'lt say it is in the middle of no where, it is still suburbia, but at the back of the Gold Coast on the main rd that heads out to the highway to Brisvagas. Bus is the best bet from Pacific Fair. Or for people coming down from Brissie, catch the train to Nerang, then a taxi, its not far. There could be buses, but I am not sure. Yes I would buy tickets now, better to be sure than sorry. If you are a member that lives in Qld, remember we get a ticket as part of our package. But you MUST apply for it. It is an old ground so facilities are like the old days. Great viewing though. Us Gold Coasters can't wait. How good it will be to see people in red, white and black. Supporter Group will be having a function, not sure of details at this stage, will post here when we know. Go Saints......... 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I caught a bus from Nerang to Surfers in Feb and the timetable we used said that it stopped at Carrara for AFL games. Certainly goes right past the entrance en route to Surfers

Piece of cake to use. Links up with the train from Brisvegas or from Surfers it stops at Jupiters and Pacific Fair as well as numerous street stops

Not unlike the good ol' Waverley Park shuttle buses really :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Lion Cozi
Club Player

Hey, I'm a Brisbane Lions supporter from south-west of Brisbane and I thought I'd sign up to tell you about Carrara. Been to all but 2 games at Carrara since it got re-instated as an AFL ground in the pre season of 2005.

Whatever you do, don't drive to the game, there's only one entry and exit point and can take up to 1 and half hours to get out of the car park and costs $5-10.

I'd suggest that you park at Nerang train station (which is exit 71 off the Pacific Highway) and park in the long term carpark, and get on the free shuttle bus to Carrara, both services are for free. After the game, get on the "Nerang Station" bus from where it dropped you off. Busses also leave from Pacific Fair (shopping centre). Ring the Surfside bus company if you need other information. Shuttle busses to the game depart 2 hours before the bounce, therefore from 5:10pm, and run every 10 minutes until 6:50pm. After the game the service only runs for an hour after the final siren.

I'd suggest pre purchasing tickets from Ticketek (print them off) as there's normally a huge line. They only have 4 or 5 ticket windows open on game day.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me or just reply in this thread.

I'll be hopefully attending this game myself, and I will be barracking for the Sainters.

Good luck and all the best for the year ahead. I think you can go all the way despite what happened against the Bulldogs - keep your heads up high!

Cheers.

Brisbane Lions Supporter
Lion Cozi
Club Player

Also, the Western Stand is the best, great viewing for the game. Been in the Eastern Stand and the action is so far away. Try and get tickets for sections 3, 4 and 5.

Brisbane Lions Supporter
saints4ever
Club Player

Thanks Lion Cozi.

I heard back from the club - they just said to ring Ticketek and that they would put me with other supporters. So not alot of help if purchasing online...

Oh well, I think there will be a large contingent of red white and black anyway - so not as big an issue as say going to AAMI.. bound to be near other saints.. I hope!

thanks

PLUGGER14
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:how many does carrara hold???

If you are a member....

As a Saints 2008 Interstate member you are given access to book one complimentary ticket per member for games played in your home State in the 2008 AFL Home & Away season. To access this ticket you must book through the Club during the relevant booking period.

Tickets are limited and are not guaranteed in all States. Please take note of the booking dates and additional information below:

Brisbane Lions V St Kilda

Sunday 25th May, 1.10pm, Gabba

QLD Members Only - Bookings open through the Club 9am, Monday 14th April and close 5pm Friday 25th April

Kangaroos V St Kilda

Saturday 28th June, 7.10pm, Gold Coast Stadium

QLD Members Only - Bookings open through the Club 9am, Monday 19th May and close 5pm Friday 30th May

Members please note the following information:

2008 Members who reside in the away game State are entitled to receive one complimentary ticket to the above games

As tickets are limited in quantity, bookings are essential and for Members only

Members may book by placing an email request to sarahs@saints.com.au or by phoning Sarah Sharman on (03) 9559 6610

Members wishing to sit with fellow members, must advise at the time of booking

This offer is strictly for Interstate based members, all other members wishing to attend the above games, should purchase tickets through the relevant ticketing network. Please see the Ticketing section of the website for further details

Ticketing Agents

AAMI Stadium – BASS Ticketing 131 246 or www.bass.net.au

Gabba and SCG – Ticketek 132 849 or www.ticketek.com.au

Gold Coast Stadium and Subiaco – Ticketmaster 136 100 or www.ticketmaster.com.au

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so are tickets really on sale for June this far out??

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saints4ever
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:so are tickets really on sale for June this far out??
Yep, via Ticketek. Just got mine then. Type afl into the search box, and then go to Toyota premiership season