Up on the good old MW last fridee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D Gday Folks!
How are we all this mornin?
I'm slowly erasing the pain of fridee from my mind. I still can't understand how we lost so badly after such a bright start; but have the feeling that it was a case of the Bulldogs just being that wee bit better than us in the second quarter and building from there on. I enjoyed seeing the folks up on the Moorabbin Wing and it did me old heart good to see Steve and the gang trying to rev us all up when the game was starting to go pear shaped, good onya boys!!! :D It was just like the old days for me (I'm an old M Wingster from 2002/03! :) )
The old Jiggster was sitting with a few Sainters and had some Doggies fans nearby. They were very quiet in that first quarter, but obviously found their voice as the game wore on :roll: , but none of them gave me a hard time, just simply got behind their team (as I'd got behind mine!) It was painful to watch our evening get spoiled, and the temptation is always there to slip away (to catch the train :wink: ) however I sat there for the duration and took me medicine like a good boy!!
At games end I saw a young lad around my grandson's age wearing a Doggies beanie and the biggest smile I'd seen all day, waving his flag and singing their club song with his family; how could I be resentful and bitter after that? disappointed? YES, Bitter? NEVER! Thats how this game we love goes sometimes! :(
I'll be back in me seat on level one Aisle 18/19 for the Geelong game, I'm workin a "mad" up for it NOW!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :x :x :x :x
PLEASE folks! dont get disheartened COOL HEADS AND STRONG NERVE!!!
and GO THE SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to all

Dave x

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

It was painful to watch our evening get spoiled, and the temptation is always there to slip away (to catch the train ) however I sat there for the duration and took me medicine like a good boy!!
At games end I saw a young lad around my grandson's age wearing a Doggies beanie and the biggest smile I'd seen all day, waving his flag and singing their club song with his family; how could I be resentful and bitter after that? disappointed? YES, Bitter? NEVER! Thats how this game we love goes sometimes!
I'll be back in me seat on level one Aisle 18/19 for the Geelong game, I'm workin a "mad" up for it NOW!!!!
and GO THE SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE most sensible, level headed thing thats been posted on here since Fri night :)

On ya Jiggster..sorry I missed you Fri night..I did wander up at 1/2 time
Actually I think I played a part in our loss. Ive only sat on Level 1 3 times for a H&A game at TD...and weve lost all 3! vs Roos in 2000, the Bombers game in 2005..and Fri night. My apologies, I promise to remember my place in future!! 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Go Jiggster!
If I look up 'Supporter' in the Dictionary, I'm sure I'll find a pic of you.
The season's a loooong way from over and The Saints will only improve.

Look out Cats!! THE SAINTS ARE COMING!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
It was painful to watch our evening get spoiled, and the temptation is always there to slip away (to catch the train ) however I sat there for the duration and took me medicine like a good boy!!
At games end I saw a young lad around my grandson's age wearing a Doggies beanie and the biggest smile I'd seen all day, waving his flag and singing their club song with his family; how could I be resentful and bitter after that? disappointed? YES, Bitter? NEVER! Thats how this game we love goes sometimes!
I'll be back in me seat on level one Aisle 18/19 for the Geelong game, I'm workin a "mad" up for it NOW!!!!
THE most sensible, level headed thing thats been posted on here since Fri night :)

On ya Jiggster..sorry I missed you Fri night..I did wander up at 1/2 time
Actually I think I played a part in our loss. Ive only sat on Level 1 3 times for a H&A game at TD...and weve lost all 3! vs Roos in 2000, the Bombers game in 2005..and Fri night. My apologies, I promise to remember my place in future!! 8-)
That's it..

I HAVE NO CHOICE. YOU ARE HEREBY BANNED FROM L1 FOR LIFE :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Awww Jiggster, I thought you might have been sitting next to me and my gf on level 3 in the first quarter...

The nicest bloke was sitting next to us in the first quarter and was a generation or two older than us, and his positive outlook was contageous just like yours :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Jiggster came across the nicest bloke ever when he was going around the TD outside concorse. The nice bloke was heading in the opposite direction :wink: :wink: !!

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

We need more positive stories like yours, Jigster, because it was extremely frustrating watching up her in Qld on T.V. Cant quite see whats going on all over the field on the tellybox.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:We need more positive stories like yours, Jigster, because it was extremely frustrating watching up her in Qld on T.V. Cant quite see whats going on all over the field on the tellybox.
After the first quarter you can consider yourself lucky... I was planning on recording every game of 08 this year on the I.Q, but had to delete this game, couldn't even watch the first quarter...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

nice post jiggster.....just remember this, commercially prepared food is banned from being brought into TD, and anyone who even slightly resembles Colonel Saunders and brings in fried chicken could be in big trouble!!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heh HehHeh! I brought it in in me gut!!! then "left it behind" :wink: :lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: Hang on a minute!!! Are we not sponsored by the colonel?
It clearly says on me cap: "St K F C" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Jiggster's only happy because Manny Fernandes can hit a 30-yard pass on a dime :D

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.