Jason Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rama35
Club Player

Jason Blake

What does everyone think of Jason Blake,?i just cant believe the amount of free kicks he gives away in the back line and his disposal is shocking.
He seems to be one of the first picked, with a player like Clint Jones getting dropped after very limited opportunity.
rama35
Last edited by rama35 on Wed 09 Apr 2008 5:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

troll......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jason Blake

rama35 wrote:What does everyone think of Json Blake,?i just cant believe the amount of free kicks he gives away in the back line and his disposal is shocking.
He seems to be one of the first picked, with a player like Clint Jones geting dropped after very limited opportunity.
rama35
i dont like him, honestly dont think i ever have, raph as well, couple of others

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fishing for 'we hate blake' responses?

honestly I've always been a fan of players from 17 to 26 on the list.

those that work hard to make the final 22.

every premiership team has a couple.

if he's the worst player in our starting 22, then we can't be that bad.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

It's a mystery to most how Blake is continually selected. After he lost us the game against Collingwood last year you would think RL would have woken up. Obviously a player that has no ability, pace or skills is a valuable team member because he has the aerobic capacity to run up and down the ground like a headless chook. But don't knock him, you will be accused of being a troll! :roll:

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Dozer, how is is just Blake who lost us that game? We lost three of four quarters; that usually doesn't win games. He's a convenient scapegoat for shallow thinkers, but I reckon he had plenty of help that day to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Little Dozer
Club Player

Blake in the last quarter foolishly tried to play on around Dale Thomas and was caught holding the ball. Collingwood lifted from this act of stupidity and went on to win the game. For mine it was the defining moment of the game, we had it safely in control and looked the winner up until that incident.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

So all the mistakes earlier (and later) had no effect on the score? That's pretty simplistic IMO.

mischa
Club Player

St DAC wrote:So all the mistakes earlier (and later) had no effect on the score? That's pretty simplistic IMO.
Everyone who hates Jason Blake and/or can't/won't think about other causes for us losing games is braindead IMO :roll: Scapegoat=convenient

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
avid
Club Player

I like and admire Blake. He's courageous, he's loyal, he runs to space exceptionally well, he's a terrific mark, and he tries his guts out, every time.
Unfortunately he is a klutz. This affects significant parts of his game -- handballing, tackling, decision making, etc etc etc.
So he's a credit to the side in many ways, and also a liability.
Some days, like his running with Goodes, he is a powerful plus. On others, like his three stuff ups in three minutes, 1st qtr v Dogs, he's lamentable.
He gets the absolute most out of his range of abilities, but his disabilities are now beyond help you would suppose.
We can all mount arguments for keeping him and for dropping him permanently.
For the meantime, I say keep him untill we actually find someone who can fill his considerable shoes in what he does so well, but who can also handball, tackle, run, without falling over, etc.
Sadly, at the selection table, it's a line ball.

my les foote
Club Player

rama35 wrote:What does everyone think of Jason Blake,?i just cant believe the amount of free kicks he gives away in the back line and his disposal is shocking.
He seems to be one of the first picked, with a player like Clint Jones getting dropped after very limited opportunity.
rama35
How do you know he is one of the first picked? Are they doing it alphabetically now?

But I like the way you stick to the Blake plan. Make up some vague statistic to back up your argument and then slag off at him.

He has given away four free kicks for the year. I can remember two of them. One was in the forward line and the other one was the worst decision I have seen all year when he was penalised for a perfect tackle.

You should try loving the Blake

Win it for HIM!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:I like and admire Blake. He's courageous, he's loyal, he runs to space exceptionally well, he's a terrific mark, and he tries his guts out, every time.
Unfortunately he is a klutz. This affects significant parts of his game -- handballing, tackling, decision making, etc etc etc.
Yes, I agree. He also is able to be switched to a number of positions if injuries arise during a game. This" flexibility" or 'adaptability' is always liked at the selection table.

It would be nice if he had all of the positive characteristics referred to and could run 100m in 9 seconds, kick 60 metres with both feet and always pick the right option. Then again, if he did have these qualities, he would be the greatest player of all time!

noddy

Little Dozer wrote:Blake in the last quarter foolishly tried to play on around Dale Thomas and was caught holding the ball. Collingwood lifted from this act of stupidity and went on to win the game. For mine it was the defining moment of the game, we had it safely in control and looked the winner up until that incident.
WTF when did we play Collingwood this season. :roll:

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

noddy wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Blake in the last quarter foolishly tried to play on around Dale Thomas and was caught holding the ball. Collingwood lifted from this act of stupidity and went on to win the game. For mine it was the defining moment of the game, we had it safely in control and looked the winner up until that incident.
WTF when did we play Collingwood this season. :roll:
last season

rama35
Club Player

avid wrote:I like and admire Blake. He's courageous, he's loyal, he runs to space exceptionally well, he's a terrific mark, and he tries his guts out, every time.
Some days, like his running with Goodes, he is a powerful plus. On others, like his three stuff ups in three minutes, 1st qtr v Dogs, he's lamentable.
He gets the absolute most out of his range of abilities, but his disabilities are now beyond help you would suppose.
We can all mount arguments for keeping him and for dropping him permanently.
For the meantime, I say keep him untill we actually find someone who can fill his considerable shoes in what he does so well, but who can also handball, tackle, run, without falling over, etc.
Sadly, at the selection table, it's a line ball.
I think we are all intiltled to a opinion,thanks for yours,i was just interested in what everyone else was thinking

Saints94
SS Life Member

He can play anywere my preferred position is a tagger

Saints94
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:
rama35 wrote:What does everyone think of Json Blake,?i just cant believe the amount of free kicks he gives away in the back line and his disposal is shocking.
He seems to be one of the first picked, with a player like Clint Jones geting dropped after very limited opportunity.
rama35
i dont like him, honestly dont think i ever have, raph as well, couple of others
Your homework #2

Batnoe

homework wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
rama35
Your homework #2

hahah gold, good call Homie

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

personally I don't rate him as a player at all

i think just about any other player on the list offers so much more

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

when does the team get named this afternoon what time?

yipper
SS Life Member

my les foote wrote:
rama35 wrote:What does everyone think of Jason Blake,?i just cant believe the amount of free kicks he gives away in the back line and his disposal is shocking.
rama35
How do you know he is one of the first picked? Are they doing it alphabetically now?

But I like the way you stick to the Blake plan. Make up some vague statistic to back up your argument and then slag off at him.

He has given away four free kicks for the year. I can remember two of them. One was in the forward line and the other one was the worst decision I have seen all year when he was penalised for a perfect tackle.

You should try loving the Blake
Great reply. 4 free kicks against and one of those was acknowledged as totally incorrect. So 3 genuine frees for the season - err.. that's 1 per game!!?? Wow - how awful!! :roll: Everytime we lose a game - it's Blake's fault, every bloody time!! sheesh. Blake does what he is told to do and does it well. He makes mistakes throughout a game - so does most of his teammates. Even the super Cats players make blews in a game, but hell, Jason Blake just cannot do this not ever. I can assure you he is highly regarded in the AFL industry.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Persuader
Club Player

I will always post positive for Jason Blake.
Love him.
Offers so much flexibility, gut runner and very hard at it.
Can someone please tell me a player who doesn't make any mistakes
during a game. Just one. Anyone?

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:It's a mystery to most how Blake is continually selected. After he lost us the game against Collingwood last year you would think RL would have woken up. Obviously a player that has no ability, pace or skills is a valuable team member because he has the aerobic capacity to run up and down the ground like a headless chook. But don't knock him, you will be accused of being a troll! :roll:
you don't get called a troll, unless you are one...ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
rama35
Your homework #2
geez we now have two of them

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Little Dozer
Club Player

I best not argue with someone topping 12000 posts!