Get On Now!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

$5 - if you take under 39.5 points
Tabcorp been reading the Herald sun this week?

Thats crazy odds...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

We are $4.20 head to head too.... tempting, if we don't come out breathing fire for this one, we never will.

Washedup
Club Player

Re: Get On Now!!!!!

3:16 wrote:If u have some spare cabbage, put it on the saints first thing, WE R A SPECIAL!!!!!

Cause StoneCold said so!!!!!

Don't say I didn't tell ya!!!!!
I'm sure they will all remind you when they all lose cash from your made up mail :roll: :roll: :roll:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:
$5 - if you take under 39.5 points
Tabcorp been reading the Herald sun this week?

Thats crazy odds...
Yes amazing odds - you would think if they won at all - it would be under 40 points :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Washedup wrote:
3:16 wrote:If u have some spare cabbage, put it on the saints first thing, WE R A SPECIAL!!!!!

Don't say I didn't tell ya!!!!!
I'm sure they will all remind you when they all lose cash from your made up mail :roll: :roll: :roll:
He isn't the only one thinking we are phenominal value at $5 just for the win.

I'll be plonking some of my own hard earned on it after work - may even break my "$10 per bet" limit for those odds.

esaint66
SS Life Member

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
saintdooley wrote:i never bet on the saints
i have 3 times, and that was 3 big loses
never again!
only other teams

Expect a visit from the cops son as a youth under the age of 18 u should not be gambling.

Hahahahaha :lol: :lol:
watch out for dools at the dome tommorow see if hes goin home in the back of a divvy van. :wink:

Nah i too have made bets ione the sainst with me giving my money to my dad and i won $50 bucks when we beat geelong round 1 of 2004.

SB10
Club Player

Love waiting for these big odds games.

$5 (U39.5) or $4.20 (Win) in a two horse race is the only time to get on when it comes to footy betting.

Only need the Cats to be 5% off their game and we're a huge chance.

Imagine if 5,000 Saints members/supporters each put $100 on we'd clean a lazy $2.5 million out of Tabcorps cash register!

Good luck.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ya convinced me SC IM ON !!!!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
crowjelly
Club Player

If we lose this one SC - we'll know you've taken far too many shots to the head and shot one to many Bud lights.

Just in case you're right though, I've put 10 large on our boys!

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:13am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Quixote
SS Life Member

If u have some spare cabbage, put it on the saints first thing, WE R A SPECIAL!!!!!

I've gone with a pineapple. :wink:

Thanks for the positive thread - after an unbearable week of SS vomit.

8-)

crowjelly
Club Player

Imagine if 5,000 Saints members/supporters each put $100 on we'd clean a lazy $2.5 million out of Tabcorps cash register!

Good luck.[/quote]

Methinks the bookies would see us coming and wind those odds quicker than Rex Hunt with a snapper on line!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
meher baba wrote:Like the rest of us, I sure hope you are right.
No you don't.
Get knotted

I have been a devoted Sainters fan for over four decades, and bleed red, white and black every football weekend regardless of who is playing for the team or who is coaching it.

How long have you been a Sainters fan, sunshine?

I certainly don't have much time for Barney and his three gumby assistants: four gentlemen who have collectively zero history with the club and who have brought a playing style that smells to high heaven, is as boring as a dog's bum, and doesn't even seem to win games regularly.

But I cheered for the Saints during the 1980s, when we were basically a joke and when I suspect you either weren't born or were probably going for the Blues or the Bombers or some such trash.

And I cheered for them in every game under Timmy Watson when we were perhaps worse than a joke.

And I will be yelling and screaming for them this arvo.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I certainly don't have much time for Barney and his three gumby assistants:
therefore the reason for the post that markp put forward.

You have been waiting for the Saints to slip up so you can put the boots in.

You must have had a wonderful week.

Bet you cant wait to get on here this evening if the Saints are beaten and give us more of you hatefilled infantile rubbish (barney the dinosaur FF :roll: :roll: :roll: )

Hope to hear from you if we win, somehow I doubt it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:I certainly don't have much time for Barney and his three gumby assistants:
therefore the reason for the post that markp put forward.

You have been waiting for the Saints to slip up so you can put the boots in.

You must have had a wonderful week.

Bet you cant wait to get on here this evening if the Saints are beaten and give us more of you hatefilled infantile rubbish (barney the dinosaur FF :roll: :roll: :roll: )

Hope to hear from you if we win, somehow I doubt it.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. I desperately wanted Lyon to be a success and (hoping against hope as I see it) still do. I have not been death riding the club. That's why I am insulted by any such a suggestion.

I was concerned about the massive clean out of players at the end of last season, and said so, and have now recognised that Lyon and the club were right and I was wrong about this.

During the NAB cup I thought I saw some promising signs, and started to believe (and post) that I had gotten it all completely wrong about Lyon.

However, the last three weeks have made me extremely pessimistic.

We have played crap footy for most of the twelve quarters of the regular season so far. The only "slip up" was perhaps the way we played in the first quarter on Friday, which was halfway decent.

Calling Lyon Barney the Dinosaur is not half as bad as the vast streams of abuse that have been posted on here in the past few years about Grant Thomas and the majority of our current and recent past players.

I don't hate Lyon (or Barney the Dinosaur, for that matter), I just don't see him as having the self-confidence, charisma or leadership skills that I would like to see in a coach at our club. The only people I might choose to "hate" are those who put him there.

If things turn around today, if we have a great season, you will continue to hear from me. You and others may possibly choose to abuse me: so be it.

I always try to call things as I see them. Right now, I see us with a coach who doesn't have the self-confidence or ability to inspire or lead a team to any sort of success. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps I am right. If I turn out to be wrong, I hope I will always have the guts to admit that.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Calling Lyon Barney the Dinosaur is not half as bad as the vast streams of abuse that have been posted on here in the past few years about Grant Thomas and the majority of our current and recent past players.
So we get to the crux of the issue. Because Grant Thomas has been abused by some posters on here, you think it is appropriate to abuse and disparage the current coach.

I give you some facts mb.

1)Grant Thomas is gone, however is influence and stench still hangs over our football club. He is sueing our club for money, but some here are happy to him to continue to treat the club, and our membership money as his personal cash cow. That is the cause of the major angst toward the once respected ex coach.

2) Thomas had the club as coach for five years and failed. Lyon has had the team for just over one season and has not been given anything ike the go the ex coach was given.

3) If you want to measure success (and the only success is silverware) the current coach has won the equal of the former coach but in two seasons less.

4) Success is not finals or PF's, it is winning flags. Only people who embrace mediocrity believes Thomas was successful.

It is an unfair comparision between the former and current coach. One had five years the has had one.

If you want to compare, look at No.3 which is the only true comparision.

If you think Lyons game plan is boring - too bad. If it wins us a flag I wont care. The ex coaches "exciting" game plan won us SFA.

So I advise you to get over your Grant Thomas fixation as i advise others who hate Thomas to also do.

It is tiresome, boring, and most of all been done to death.

Give our current coach a go and the markp's of this world wont think you are waiting for the club and Lyon to fail.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:
So we get to the crux of the issue. Because Grant Thomas has been abused by some posters on here, you think it is appropriate to abuse and disparage the current coach.

1)Grant Thomas is gone, however is influence and stench still hangs over our football club. He is sueing our club for money, but some here are happy to him to continue to treat the club, and our membership money as his personal cash cow. That is the cause of the major angst toward the once respected ex coach.

2) Thomas had the club as coach for five years and failed. Lyon has had the team for just over one season and has not been given anything ike the go the ex coach was given.

3) If you want to measure success (and the only success is silverware) the current coach has won the equal of the former coach but in two seasons less.

4) Success is not finals or PF's, it is winning flags. Only people who embrace mediocrity believes Thomas was successful.

It is an unfair comparision between the former and current coach. One had five years the has had one.

If you think Lyons game plan is boring - too bad. If it wins us a flag I wont care. The ex coaches "exciting" game plan won us SFA.

So I advise you to get over your Grant Thomas fixation as i advise others who hate Thomas to also do.

Give our current coach a go and the markp's of this world wont think you are waiting for the club and Lyon to fail.
Some of what you say is fair enough. If Lyon has the strength of mind to impose his game plan on the club and it wins us a flag, I will be first to stand up and applaud.

Despite how often I am accused of it, I do not have a GT fixation. However, I do have a fixation on the confidence, swagger and style in which the team performed in 2004-06 (including the incredible bravery the team displayed in our finals loss in 2006: our most underrated performance as a team on this forum). We buried opponents, we thrilled the entire AFL public with our attacking play, we stood up to the AFL about crap umpiring, unjust tribunal decisions, etc. I credit GT, Waldron, Butterss, Rendell and a range of others for making us what we were then, as well as our senior players like Harves, Frankie, Hamill and others.

Last year and so far this year, we haven't had these feeling at our club. The team plays like it is trying to please the coach, not to bury its opponent. Lyon does not seem to be able to fire us up: we only play with the old passion and belief when motivated by other things: Harves's landmark game at Subi, the game in which BJ suffered a season-ending injury, etc. When the AFL gives us grief - eg, the Baker suspension - we just roll over and take it.

I don't want GT back, but I want the old St Kilda back. I don't care if we flood, mark man to man, play "accountability football" or whatever happens. I just want us to play with passion. If Lyon can bring it, you beauty. If he continues to coach us to these indifferent efforts, then let's get rid of him quickly and move on.

I will watch the game this arvo with passion and support and hope.

- Jonathan Swift
markp
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
I always try to call things as I see them. Right now, I see us with a coach who doesn't have the self-confidence or ability to inspire or lead a team to any sort of success. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps I am right. If I turn out to be wrong, I hope I will always have the guts to admit that.
The point is it's too early to make a call on the season, and waaay to early to call for the coach to be sacked (as you have). You can't see possibly how the season is going to pan out at this early stage, yet you snipe and deride and generally insult and shytebag the coach and club. Give him a freakin go.

I think you would rather be proven right than wrong, I think you get a certain degree of schadenfreude when we fail.... even if you have your reservations, you needn't attack the coach and club with so much vitriol.

markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:

Perfectly expressed Joffa.... bring on the Cats!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I think you would rather be proven right than wrong, I think you get a certain degree of schadenfreude when we fail....
No, markp, not schadenfreude (even though it is definitely one of my favourite words). I am always devastated when we play poorly and lose a game we should have won. I generally don't smile for at least 24 hours.

Sometimes I might console my grief by having a go at some of the imbeciles on here who endlessly parrot on about how awful GT was, how he ruined our list, how RL is a supercoach who is going to turn it around, etc. I'm only paying them back for the endless quantities of abuse and ridicule they have thrown at me since that fateful day in 2006 when I believe the club took a major turn in the wrong direction.

But I would far rather be proven wrong than right about RL. I hope he starts proving me wrong in about 35 minutes time!!

- Jonathan Swift
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:

He's gone. Move on.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think ive blown my money :cry:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
crowjelly
Club Player

[quote="riccardo"][quote="Washedup"][quote="3:16"]If u have some spare cabbage, put it on the saints first thing, WE R A SPECIAL!!!!!

Don't say I didn't tell ya!!!!![/quote

StoneCold - the only cabbage we have left - is you my friend!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Glad I kept my wallet firmly sealed.

:cry:

crowjelly
Club Player

Where are you Stone-Cabbage?