HELP - Match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

All over. 42 points. About 35 points more than it should have been if kicking was better.

Well I thought the midfield did all right depite losing the clearances but the disposal by kicking is just not a midfield problem.

One word of advice, offer Goddard another $100,000 and make him the kicking coach. This guys disposal is divine and his skills need to be passed around.

Use Clinton jones as a rover, rest him at forward or on the bench in between. He is a good solid, speedy player who has heart and seems to get to the ball/contest regularly enough to give the Saints a 50/50 chance.

Sam Fisher, you either need to think about you diaposal or if this is a team talk deficiency, address this with Ross. I think this could be both faults.

Nick Riewodl needs to move further up the ground in patches. He just misses too many simple goals but is a very good short pass. Use him forward when Harvey is moving the ball forward.

I

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
SuperSaint
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Luke Ball doesn't make the distance from 35m on the run but was off target anyway :(
Yeah, couldn't get a more obvious example of our pathetic goalking ability. :oops: As I said, the number of quality goalkickers in the team either on the run or from a set shot, you can count on one finger. That's the harsh reality of why you feel like pulling your hair out when watching our team play in comparison to Geelong's smooth and potent finishing.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

here we go let the sack Lyon Kill Blake retire Gehrig onslaught begin !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintDal
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Luke Ball doesn't make the distance from 35m on the run but was off target anyway :(
Yeah, couldn't get a more obvious example of our pathetic goalking ability. :oops: As I said, the number of quality goalkickers in the team either on the run or from a set shot, you can count on one finger. That's the harsh reality of why you feel like pulling your hair out when watching our team play in comparison to Geelong's smooth and potent finishing.
The one where Grams was touched on the line was probably one of the worst.

Just chipped it at the goals. Gave Geelong every chance to touch it when it should have been one the easiest goals.

kalsaint
Club Player

I have always beleived the 3 talls option as a good one but its obvious to me as the game runs on, we deliver the ball more poorly, the oppo takes the ball to the ground and we fail to keep up forward pressure to stop rebounding. This was obvious in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

kalsaint
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Gehrig kicks one on the siren but has been well beaten all day

Saints lose by 7 goals with 2 less scoring shots :(
I think Gehrig was sacrificed today to stop Scarlett impacting too much on the game. At least in the first half.

The full forward position is not one to sacrifice in my opinion.

King did well a the centre bounces but we still didn't get the clearances after 1/4 time. I still believed our midfield issues are bigger than our ruck issues. Geelong seemed to be able to get that extra person to th contest after 1/4 time.

We also seemed to be bundled off the ball at times or hitting the ground early thereby coughing up the ball.