1. Hodge 2. Ball 3. Judd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

krabb wrote:
Pathetic waste of space.

Some people enjoy having a discussion mate about many things...dont like it...dont read it.

Any wonder most people with a brain cant be bothered posting here anymore.

I noticed there was a mod online that did nothing..apparently its acceptable...and ive seen some poor buggers in here get pulled over the coals for less...go figure.

What are the rules in here again?
Boo hoo Krabb.

AndrewBolt4Eva gives more than he gets, and I'm sure if he's any sort of reasonable human being he's not likely to get offended by some online taunts.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:yep.....there were 5 top class picks...polak and sampi were the other two...it was thought that the wa clubs would go after them...leaving two of hodge ball and judd for us....
correct, it's easy in hindsight I know, in this instance to question the relative merits ( currently) of Judd, Hodge and Ball

hopefully it will turn around again

In 2004 Ball was rated way above Hodge and many were laughing at Hawthorn for having selected Hodge ahead of Ball and Judd

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:yep.....there were 5 top class picks...polak and sampi were the other two...it was thought that the wa clubs would go after them...leaving two of hodge ball and judd for us....
correct, it's easy in hindsight I know, in this instance to question the relative merits ( currently) of Judd, Hodge and Ball

hopefully it will turn around again

In 2004 Ball was rated way above Hodge and many were laughing at Hawthorn for having selected Hodge ahead of Ball and Judd
A civilised post. Thats it just take a deep breath and continue to do that.

krabb
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Boo hoo Krabb.
How are ya Rog? :wink:

Notice you're still trying to dissect every loss...hoping you'll come up with the magic answer. :wink:

Nah...just whinging about the stupid waste of bandwidth mate...nothing more.

Incidentally I believe the loss of Waldron left a big hole in our club...the guy seemed a clever operator..

Over and out to the deranged and the bored..

osama milne laden
Club Player

barks, ... but don't stop there

why did we take goddard? - compare him to wells ... wells has played more finals and goddard's only played 2 games in a year

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
st paddy
Club Player

krabb wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Boo hoo Krabb.
How are ya Rog? :wink:

Notice you're still trying to dissect every loss...hoping you'll come up with the magic answer. :wink:

Nah...just whinging about the stupid waste of bandwidth mate...nothing more.

Incidentally I believe the loss of Waldron left a big hole in our club...the guy seemed a clever operator..

Over and out to the deranged and the bored..
you and barks should team up as the 'paradox brothers' -

you're worried about my waste of bandwidth yet you post using a quote that again uses the same amount of bandwidth.

Oh the hilarity of it all.

good on ya Einstein! :lol: :lol:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

and finally Judd isn't doing much good for WCE in 08 having followed the $$$$$ to carlton...

so basically of the three for the teams who drafted them on ongoing form.

1. hodge
2. ball
3. judd, sorry following the $$ to the blues.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Hard to believe that there are people who will complain about our 2001 draft. That draft made this club. Ball, Dal, Joey, Goose, X. We missed out on two brownlow medalists, yes, but nobdy's perfect. Every team makes some draft blunders. Three teams could have had Judd and Bartel: us, West Coast and Freo. Here's what thos three clubs have to show for it:

West Coast: A flag, Chris Masten, Tony Notte and Josh Kennedy
St. Kilda: Luke Ball and Xavier Clarke
Fremantle: Marcus Drum and Luke McPharlin

Yeah nah pleasing positive
congorozides
Club Player

stinger wrote:ball was the right call....hodge is a thug...not much better than hall.....judd is a flowering mercenary...and an ugly bastard to boot......
i assume this message is a joke.

unfortunately judd and hodgey are miles in front of ball. and i cant see how ball can bridge the gap im afraid.

im a saints man but i can certainly recognise the quality of judd and hodgey. bally already plays like an old man. cant run. cant kick. only thing he has is his nous.

congorozides
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:and finally Judd isn't doing much good for WCE in 08 having followed the $$$$$ to carlton...

so basically of the three for the teams who drafted them on ongoing form.

1. hodge
2. ball
3. judd, sorry following the $$ to the blues.

???? oh so judd who grew up in melbourne with family and friends wanted to leave the eagles where there was a terrible culture of delinquents, drugs, gangsters and who knows what and come home and you guys want to bag him????

its not his fault they pay him a lot. hed be on a packet if he stayed at the eagles anyway.

Lynch Beast
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:Hard to believe that there are people who will complain about our 2001 draft. That draft made this club. Ball, Dal, Joey, Goose, X. We missed out on two brownlow medalists, yes, but nobdy's perfect. Every team makes some draft blunders. Three teams could have had Judd and Bartel: us, West Coast and Freo. Here's what thos three clubs have to show for it:

West Coast: A flag, Chris Masten, Tony Notte and Josh Kennedy
St. Kilda: Luke Ball and Xavier Clarke
Fremantle: Marcus Drum and Luke McPharlin
Putting it like that makes me feel a little better in these bleak times :(

Just wait until you see Tony Notte next year skinniest 6'4 power forward you will ever see - bloody hell he's talented (averaging 4 goals a game in the WAFL)

Freo actually have McPharlin & Ryley Dunn from the Pick 1 trade, Croad went back in 03 (pick 10) Drum was drafted in 05.

Ball was so far ahead of Bartel predraft it's not funny, it's like comparing Masten & Ebert such is the quality difference - one small inside mid of exceptional quality and one big body inside mid with no real stand out feature of his game but a natural footballer.

Ball recorded a 2.83 20m time or something ridiculous at draft camp to go along with his endurance and leadership qualities - the only down side to him at the time was him being very bottom aged, skinny and needing to stay in school for an extra year.

Bartel was a big unit, slow, solid skills and a complete overall package but definitely not worth pick 2 and a bit of a stretch at pick 5

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
krabb wrote:
Pathetic waste of space.

Some people enjoy having a discussion mate about many things...dont like it...dont read it.

I noticed there was a mod online that did nothing..apparently its acceptable...and ive seen some poor buggers in here get pulled over the coals for less...go figure.

Boo hoo Krabb.

AndrewBolt4Eva gives more than he gets, and I'm sure if he's any sort of reasonable human being he's not likely to get offended by some online taunts.

Ball will forever be compared with Judd and Hodge because of circumstance and is a footy topic for discussion surely.

Yes I have been out of line, been appropriately warned and never once replied to the warning PM, to question as to why, just accepted it.

And accordingly am trying to post in a manner more befitting a footy fan forum where footy topics are open for discussion.

As for your Andrew Blot (no typo) nonsense, my politics are well known as is my loathing for this person's political opinion's.

For example there was, I am informed a very interesting article in last Saturday's herald sun comparing the recruiting of St.Kilda and Geelong, which I havn't read as I do not buy or read the Herald Sun.

I was hoping to read the article on here, but unless I have missed it, noone posted it, which I find surprising because if Sam Fisher had of been inerviewed about an ingrown toenail, I'm sure we would have all read it on here by now.

Did I miss this article about something so insignificant as St.Kilda's recruiting being posted on here?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
As for your Andrew Blot (no typo) nonsense, my politics are well known as is my loathing for this person's political opinion's.
Your opinions my differ from his, but your way of expressing them and the 'either with us or against us' attitude is very, very much Andrew Bolt'esque. Very Howard'esque too.

jill
Club Player

It's early days after both Ball & Judd have had their ops & are both starting to progress footy wise - bet both are flying mid-season onwards. Hope Luke Ball's detractors end up with egg all over their faces :twisted:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'm starting to think that B4E has secret a crush on Grant Thomas. Whether it is a "crush" or "man crush" is none of my business but a crush just the same !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think he would like to crush GT.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think he would like to crush GT.
Big task. He is one massive unit.

But on the positive, I don't think he could get any uglier.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

GT, B4E or both :roll: :wink: ?????????????? !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:
Mate if you think its fine to take annonymous pot shots at the worth of one of our hardest players then what does that say about you?
Hardly taking pot shots

I like Luke Ball as a player, I'm sure there's noone more frustated than himself that he can't currently kick over 30 metres and is finding it difficult to hit targets.

Obviously he is coming back from injury and hopefully he will improve.

Ball is obviously a real quality human being/young man, very intelligent and a credit to himself.

One of my favourite players in fact, but apparently you can't discuss anything to do with his current effectiveness as a footballer and comparison's with Hodge and Judd, without other's getting personal.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Spinner wrote:

GT, B4E or both :roll: :wink: ?????????????? !!
GT.

st paddy
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
krabb wrote:
Pathetic waste of space.

Boo hoo Krabb.

Ball will forever be compared with Judd and Hodge because of circumstance and is a footy topic for discussion surely.

Yes I have been out of line, been appropriately warned and never once replied to the warning PM, to question as to why, just accepted it.

And accordingly am trying to post in a manner more befitting a footy fan forum where footy topics are open for discussion.

For example there was, I am informed a very interesting article in last Saturday's herald sun comparing the recruiting of St.Kilda and Geelong, which I havn't read as I do not buy or read the Herald Sun.

I was hoping to read the article on here, but unless I have missed it, noone posted it, which I find surprising because if Sam Fisher had of been inerviewed about an ingrown toenail, I'm sure we would have all read it on here by now.

Did I miss this article about something so insignificant as St.Kilda's recruiting being posted on here?
Beware the wolf in sheeps clothing!

You aint fooling me - I can see this thread for eactly what it is, no matter how hard you try to paint it as something different.

A leopard doesn't change his spots I'm afraid!

PS: Have u ever seen 'Cool hand Luke' when, toward the end, Paul Newman is a broken man and becomes this wet, ineffectual, shadow of his former self - defying his true nature by sucking up to all and sundry and generally making an embarrassment of himself?

I think you'd enjoy it - it's a great movie.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:
PS: Have u ever seen 'Cool hand Luke' when, toward the end, Paul Newman is a broken man and becomes this wet, ineffectual, shadow of his former self - defying his true nature by sucking up to all and sundry and generally making an embarrassment of himself?

I think you'd enjoy it - it's a great movie.
Have you seen Schindlers Fist?

I havn't, but I'm sure you'd like that, definitely one for the glove puppets.

ace
Saintsational Legend

By The Book

Hindsight is wonderful. If you want to rerun the 2001 draft here is what the umpires think.

Rank, Player, Club, Pick No, Brownlow Votes
1 Judd C, WC/CA, p3 = 94 votes
2 DAL SANTO N, STK, p13 = 61 votes
3 Bartel J, GE, p8 = 56 votes
4 Mitchell S, HA, p36 = 55 votes
5 Hodge L, HA, p1 = 44 votes
6 Swan D, CO, p58 =34 votes
7 Ablett G, GE, p40F/S = 34 votes
8 BALL L, STK, p2 = 24 votes
9 Johnson S, GE, p24 = 18 votes
10 Kelly J, GE, p17 = 16 votes
11 MONTAGNA L, STK, p37 = 14 votes
12 Waite J, CA, p46F/S = 10 votes
13 Hyde C, RI, p68 = 8 votes
14 Miller B, ME, p55 = 8 votes
15 Medhurst P, FR/CO, p56 = 7 votes
16 Hansen A, WC, p38 = 7 votes
17 Rodan D, RI/PA, p33 = 7 votes
18 GRAM J, BR/STK, p19 = 7 votes
19 SCHNEIDER A, SYD/STK, p60 = 6 votes
20 CLARKE X, STK, p5 = 5votes
21 Polak G, FR/RI, p4 = 5 votes
22 Welsh A, ES, p47 = 4 votes
23 Brown C, HA, p32 = 4 votes
24 MAGUIRE M, STK, p21 = 4 votes
25 Lake (Harris) B, FO, p71 = 2 votes
26 Roberts Thomson L, SYD, p29 = 2 votes
27 Reilly B, AD, p12 = 1 vote

DELISTED = McGough M,CO/STK, p43 = 12votes

ace
Saintsational Legend

Matthew Scarlett, Gary Ablett, Nathan Ablett, Mark Blake, Adam Donohue, Tom Hawkins

Geelong does well out of the Father-Son rule because Geelong wags understand the Mother-Son rule.
St Kilda wags don't want to spoil their figure with a pregnancy.
Last edited by ace on Tue 15 Apr 2008 4:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: By The Book

ace wrote:Hindsight is wonderful. If you want to rerun the 2001 draft here is what the umpires think.

Rank, Player, Club, Pick No, Brownlow Votes
1 Judd C, WC/CA, p3 = 94 votes
2 DAL SANTO N, STK, p13 = 61 votes
3 Bartel J, GE, p8 = 56 votes
4 Mitchell S, HA, p36 = 55 votes
5 Hodge L, HA, p1 = 44 votes
6 Swan D, CO, p58 =34 votes
7 Ablett G, GE, p40F/S = 34 votes
8 BALL L, STK, p2 = 24 votes
9 Johnson S, GE, p24 = 18 votes
10 Kelly J, GE, p17 = 16 votes
11 MONTAGNA L, STK, p37 = 14 votes
12 Waite J, CA, p46F/S = 10 votes
13 Hyde C, RI, p68 = 8 votes
14 Miller B, ME, p55 = 8 votes
15 Medhurst P, FR/CO, p56 = 7 votes
16 Hansen A, WC, p38 = 7 votes
17 Rodan D, RI/PA, p33 = 7 votes
18 GRAM J, BR/STK, p19 = 7 votes
19 SCHNEIDER A, SYD/STK, p60 = 6 votes
20 CLARKE X, STK, p5 = 5votes
21 Polak G, FR/RI, p4 = 5 votes
22 Welsh A, ES, p47 = 4 votes
23 Brown C, HA, p32 = 4 votes
24 MAGUIRE M, STK, p21 = 4 votes
25 Lake (Harris) B, FO, p71 = 2 votes
26 Roberts Thomson L, SYD, p29 = 2 votes
27 Reilly B, AD, p12 = 1 vote

DELISTED = McGough M,CO/STK, p43 = 12votes
Thats awesome. I havn't seen that done before.

Great Stuff!!!