Is Caro the moral authority?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

starsign
Club Player

I concur that the 2 journos in question are merely trying to tease out a dead issue to justify their own existence

hell.. do they both really need to be reminded that any 4-year-old ( and most savvy journalists) will tell you that you can never get into trouble for telling the truth

and that there is much wisdom in these two proverbs

the truth hurts
&
if the cap fits wear it!

good for you Roo your a champion in more ways than one M8!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Can anyone please remind me how many games Caro played?

Also, did she snog a magnet recently?

What happend to her braces? :shock:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Went the same place as your class.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
aussiejones
Club Player

Hey caro, no-one cares,

Editor ....memo to CARO

" We need a story .... just go off and get outraged on an issue
Write a piece and it will run a few days ........ Leave the real stuff to the boys who have played the game "

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Yep, like Mike Sheahan, Mark Robinson, Mark Stevens, Greg Baum, Jake Niall.......all had extensive AFL careers.

Probably as long as yours. Her opinion, like yours, is just as valid as their's. And mine.

Everybody has an opinion. AFL is an opinion business.

In my opinion, true or not, Roo would regret his comments to Lovett. It's not a classy thing to do, and he's very aware of his 'branding'. He would regret it for sure.

Much like Montgomery regretting what he said to Ramanauskas last year.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Michael Voss led a team that:

- Deliberately Attacked an injured player
- Broke a guy’s hand by chucking him into the fence
- Cheated by using intravenous drips at half-time of matches
- Included Martin Pike (I don’t have the time to list everything he’s done)
- Included Adam Heuskes, who from all accounts has done far worse than Nick Riewoldt or even Andrew Lovett have ever done.

Can’t wait until you take the Gold Coast coaching job and realise three weeks into your seven year contract that you can’t coach and that your motivational pap is considered tacky and pointless.

And by the way, Michael Voss...you f*cking bash blokes outside the Prince of Wales. Am I being unsportsmanlike?

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Lennon
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
Much like Montgomery regretting what he said to Ramanauskas last year.
It is nothing like the same. :shock:

Lovett is guilty of a highly disapproved of action. Riewoldt reminded him of it.

How is that in any way the same as referring to someone's illness?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I didn't say they were the same comment. I said he would regret making the comment, like Montgomery regretted his comment to Rama.

Montgomery's was much worse, in my opinion.

My point is, both would regret making them......actually, I think Roo's regret will only come that the comments were made public.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Channel 7 blew up the Harvey/Aka incident (Source: Robert Harvey)

Channel 7 blew this one up too

Sounds to me like they are winding those Umpires mic's up to catch comments they can then beat up into "stories"

I thought at the first sign of player / umpire confrontation they had to turn the mics off...or now that every damn game is on delay they are less worried cso they can mute it out later?????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Lennon
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:I didn't say they were the same comment. I said he would regret making the comment, like Montgomery regretted his comment to Rama..
How is it relevant to even mention that incident? I'm sure Montgomery did, considering it a very very low thing to say! Riewoldt simply stated a fact.

I think Nick's only regret will be ex-players like Michael Voss, who really ought to know better, carrying on like pork chops.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I didn't say they were the same comment. I said he would regret making the comment, like Montgomery regretted his comment to Rama..
How is it relevant to even mention that incident? I'm sure Montgomery did, considering it a very very low thing to say! Riewoldt simply stated a fact.

I think Nick's only regret will be ex-players like Michael Voss, who really ought to know better, carrying on like pork chops.
Montgomery's comment about Rama's health was also a true situation. That's the relevance. It was also a fact that Rama had undergone chemo treatment....Montgomery just took it one step further.

Just because it's true, doesn't make it appropriate. Personally, I wouldn't say it. Others would, so be it.

Anyone remember a certain Winmar/Franchina incident a few years ago? Franchina, reportedly, had a go at Winmar's family and the death of his father. True comments. Fact. Appropriate? No way known.

The regret will be the publicity generated. Media driven. Given his time again, would Roo say it? Probably. Should he? Probably not.
Last edited by SENsei on Tue 22 Apr 2008 1:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Caro is a talentless deadbeat, like Hutchy she turns nothing into something, the game would be better without the pair of them.

As for Voss he has done nothing wrong IMO, it wasn't his article, it was Samantha Lane's and all he really did wasy say you can sledge blokes but there's a line, Roo crossed it. A lot of people would agree with that, probably Roo himself.

Can we all stop being so precious, if McPhee said it to one of our blokes we would be up in arms...

IMO all that has come out of this is another forgettable story, something else oppo fans can bag Roo for and Caro's reputation going down that little bit further.

I would like the make it clear that the following comment has nothing to do with Sam Lane being a woman...
She is a complete moron that knows as much about footy as the average 2 year old, whenever you see an article with her name under it, ignore it.
Before the game were the first people to actually comment on the issue and she was the first one to mention anything racial.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Caro is a talentless deadbeat, like Hutchy she turns nothing into something, the game would be better without the pair of them.
To be fair to Caro, I don't think she changes the game.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mischa
Club Player

Crap. She's just a self important, useless, hypocritical, attention seeking old bat who looks 25 years older than she really is!

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Crap. She's just a self important, useless, hypocritical, attention seeking old bat who looks 25 years older than she really is!
Again, the sniper attack of playing the ball and not the man.

Her looks are relevant how?

:roll:

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
mischa wrote:Crap. She's just a self important, useless, hypocritical, attention seeking old bat who looks 25 years older than she really is!
Again, the sniper attack of playing the ball and not the man.

Her looks are relevant how?

:roll:
Atleast we no she didn't sleep her way to the top well done Caro a backstabbing sniper all the way

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
happy feet
Club Player

Journo's

Journalists are supposed to report the news. They are not supposed to plug their own opinions.

My daughters U17 netball team are good at sledging (albeit rather quietly) but lets face it goes on in all sports

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Caro used to play netball in her early years..........

I don't think there was much wrong with what Roo said,it was quite humorous to see him run in and give andrew a relative serve.................

Roo probably couldn't give a faaaaaaaaaark about his comment,it's only the reaction of the politically correct morons who manage to find it reprehensible that has given the comment a life of it's own...

The media is having a field day with it,getting plenty of mileage out of an inconsequence...

I hope he sticks it up someone this week over in SA....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone actually hear the sledge at the time? I think not.

The only way it could be heard by anyone other than those on the field is when it's enhanced by channel 7.

Still can't hear it on beeped replays.

Carro should be having a go at any TV station that has played it, not at a captain sticking up for his teammate and denouncing domestic violence.

I don't see what your problem is SENsational.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

You people are incredible :roll: Stop attacking Caro because she is

a) a woman
b) an older woman.

It is cheap and tacky and nasty. I am sure Caro is as old as some of your mothers. Would you like your mum abused the way you are abusing Caro?

Attack her opinion, but FFS wake up to yourself and dont personally attack her.

Oh and I have see some of you lot and you aint no bloody ol paininting either.

Glass houses you bunch of ugly pricks.

Oh and Caro, your opinion is crap and you haven't got a clue with your high handed moralising and holier than thou stance.

Complete rubbish, and I suspect, you know it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:03am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Well Caro is NO japanese sunset, while Sam Lane I would totally tap...so how is it relevant? Its not, but its just comment. Fact.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:You people are incredible :roll: Stop attacking Caro because she is

a) a woman
b) an older woman.

It is cheap and tacky and nasty. I am sure Caro is as old as some of your mothers. Would you like your mum abused the way you are abusing Caro?

Attack her opinion, but FFS wake up to yourself and dont personally attack her.

Oh and I have see some of you lot and you aint no bloody ol paininting either.

Glass houses you bunch of ugly pricks

Oh and Caro, your opinion is crap and you haven't got a clue with your high handed moralising and holier than thou stance.

Complete rubbish, and I suspect, you know it.
Well, I feel content in the knowledge that the great mankini wearer aint talking about me 8-) :wink: !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Would not have been noticed, if it was not highlighted.

Glad it was, because it shows Roo has balls.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell