Dwayne Russell !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dwayne Russell !!

Dwayne has joined Caro, Voss & others in the character assassination of Nick Riewoldt over the Lovett comments with his editorial on 3AW tonight.

What Dwayne forgot to mention was that Nick will be leading the saints against Port Adelaide this week, and YES, this is the same Dwayne Russell who is a part-time employee and former player of Port Adelaide

Dwayne Russell = ZERO credibility !!

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

He had zero credibility before he opened his mouth on the issue.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dwayne Russell !!

Eastern wrote:Dwayne has joined Caro, Voss & others in the character assassination of Nick Riewoldt over the Lovett comments with his editorial on 3AW tonight.

What Dwayne forgot to mention was that Nick will be leading the saints against Port Adelaide this week, and YES, this is the same Dwayne Russell who is a part-time employee and former player of Port Adelaide

Dwayne Russell = ZERO credibility !!
Let's hope that Roo doesn't mention cornes' speech impediment, or dwayne's hairstyle.

I think that caro was a better footballer, too.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Don't ever listen to Dwayne "the drainpipe" Russell on sports Today. He's always hated Rooey...i can't think of a sports journo out there in the media that is more biased or plays favourites more. All he talks about is Port, Cats, some Adelaide players and Buddy. He'll say anything to get people ringing into his show or to cause a stir. Worst...Media/Journo/Dud player...Ever.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Dwayne isn't a journo. He's a commentator and radio host. Sure he played AFL but his opinion really means the same as Wilson's, Voss's and Little Johnny's.....nada.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Dwayne isn't a journo. He's a commentator and radio host. Sure he played AFL but his opinion really means the same as Wilson's, Voss's and Little Johnny's.....nada.
Not wanting to argue with the great SENsational here BUT ............

If my memory serves me correctly Dwayne has worked for both the Geelong Addy & The Age as a journo (sport & general). He only got a break into commentating & hosting because he was in the right place at the right time when David Hookes died !!

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:03am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Dwayne isn't a journo. He's a commentator and radio host. Sure he played AFL but his opinion really means the same as Wilson's, Voss's and Little Johnny's.....nada.
Not wanting to argue with the great SENsational here BUT ............

If my memory serves me correctly Dwayne has worked for both the Geelong Addy & The Age as a journo (sport & general). He only got a break into commentating & hosting because he was in the right place at the right time when David Hookes died !!
Fair enough. I stand erected. :wink:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Oh and Eastern, you can argue with me all you like. 8-)

spert
Saintsational Legend

DR -second rate as a journo and as a footballer

Captain Impossible
Club Player

Dwayne Russell is quite simply shite. I listened to his commentary of the Lions Hawks game last week and couldn't believe how amateur he was. He raised his voice at the wrong time, tried to create drama where there is no need and ranks as the worst commentator on radio or television. Never thought I would say this but even Quartermain is better.

He is also absurdly sanctimonious and shows alarming levels of bias in his comments. How much is he being paid by Port and Geelong? I'm all for opinion being expressed, but not from fools who have zero credibility.

Hang up the mike Dwayne, you are embarrassing and you do a disservice to the craft of football commentary.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Captain Impossible wrote:He raised his voice at the wrong time, tried to create drama where there is no need and ranks as the worst commentator on radio or television.

Hang up the mike Dwayne, you are embarrassing and you do a disservice to the craft of football commentary.

Couldn't agree more mate!

stmarie
Club Player

I have never liked this person since the day I was sitting on the fence in the social club area at Moorabbin while my 3 year old son was playing with his cars in the dirt and this person hurt Trevor Barker right in front of me. I thought I was going to have a brain explosion, I got that upset screaming blue murder at him.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

He might have, probably, definately read our comments in this thread. Today he was sucking up by asking the St Kilda supporting listeners if he had permission to call Harvs "GOAT" Greatest Saint of All Time when he calls the game on Fox on Saturday night.

This means 2 things to me;

1. HE IS A COWARD and

2. The volume will be turned right down on my TV on Saturday night !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I've had to turn the sound off from the braodcast.

That idiot Drainpipe is commentating with absolute glee in hid voice everyrtime PA get the ball.

And Dunstall is not far behind him!