NOT playing as a TEAM !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

NOT playing as a TEAM !!

Too many individuals, too many passengers, too many know it alls, too much left to too few, too many public squables, too much lack of discipline.

I hate seeing players berate other players publicly (Max on Goose), whether they deserve it or not. Goddards body language and lack of discipline were not good signs either.

There were plenty on here wanting Michael Voss' blood after his article in the paper. Tonight's effort seemed to be all about proving him right.

Someone at the club needs to really show some leadership and pull this group together before we disintegrate into a complete rabble. Let's hope it is done soon !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Just saw it on ten that was a real spray he goose coped.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

if the whole team played like Max, we'd be right up there with the best....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:if the whole team played like Max, we'd be right up there with the best....
It's not about his playing ability. Giving team-mates a spray like that is not good when done in public !!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

At least max showed some spirit, some heart and some desire that he doesn't want to lose.
As for many of the others, their playing for a pay cheque, not the team.

barneyboyz
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:if the whole team played like Max, we'd be right up there with the best....
My choice for Captain, he would rather eat broken glass than be soft. he genuinely hurts when we lose.

My hat is off to Max.

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
It's not about his playing ability. Giving team-mates a spray like that is not good when done in public !!
why not?

if Goose isn't gonna put in an effort, then he and the rest of the world should know about it

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Voss hit the nail on the head! Only problem was that the boys forgot that there were more games to play after the Bombers game last week!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
savatage
SS Life Member

Ah f*** Goose. I wouldn't question anything Max Hudghton deems is appropriate to say. He's earnt that right. Maybe if Goose listened every now & then things wouldn't be so bad for him.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
Eastern wrote:
why not?

if Goose isn't gonna put in an effort, then he and the rest of the world should know about it
There's a time & a place for everything. A real leader would give just as big a spray, except at a different place & time !!

devil saint
Club Player

I personally didn't have any problem with Max or Goddard. I wish all of our players showed their heart. They both lost their tempers but that was because they wanted to win - they were hurting - and not for themselves but for the team.

Statsman
Club Player

Where are the selfless acts? Where are the one percenters? Where are the shepherds? Where are the smothers? Where are the tackles? Where are the spoils? Where are the dives? Where is the gut running?

That's what team football is all about and that's what's missing.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
battye
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Ah f*** Goose. I wouldn't question anything Max Hudghton deems is appropriate to say. He's earnt that right. Maybe if Goose listened every now & then things wouldn't be so bad for him.
You're right.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
savatage
SS Life Member

Statsman wrote:Where are the selfless acts? Where are the one percenters? Where are the shepherds? Where are the smothers? Where are the tackles? Where are the spoils? Where are the dives? Where is the gut running?

That's what team football is all about and that's what's missing.
Amen. St.Kilda has always been about individuals & the last time I remember us playing as a team was the 1997 season. We played like brothers back in those days, rather than the individuals we have at the moment.

ratismeat
Club Player

I back max on that one, goose weak, slow, need waaayyy more from everyone

barneyboyz
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
Eastern wrote:
why not?

There's a time & a place for everything. A real leader would give just as big a spray, except at a different place & time !!
In the heat of battle is just the right time, what good is it gunna do tomorrow over late's; "oh by the way Mathew, I thought you were SHYTE last night, please don't do it again", no mate, if Max can't say it whilst out there, then we all need to give it up.

Probably a good time for a bit of biffo amongst them all too, see who's in for it and who's not, get some feeling back, yeah. If they could keep that in house, then there's no reason why not!!

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
thehandbrake
Club Player

Did not enjoy seeing Max give Goose a spray like that.

I love Max as much as any Saints supporter, I know he bleeds red, white and black and never ever takes a backward step for this side. However, there's a time and place for sprays like that, and it's not in the middle of a game.

I took it as a sure sign that things aren't right with this team at present. Don't have any answers unfortunately, but good news is we have 16 rounds to find them.