We are a joke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
perfectionist wrote:And the evidence for your assertion is?
Koschitzke = Potentially elite ruck/forward
not having a go at you msg, am just so tired of the words potential and Koschitzke in the one sentence. GOP is where he's at.

savatage
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
Koschitzke = Potentially elite ruck/forward
not having a go at you msg, am just so tired of the words potential and Koschitzke in the one sentence. GOP is where he's at.
Agreed. I think he's very ordinary in the ruck as well. He needs to lead out hard from the square into space to be his most effective.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Riewoldt = Elite forward
Koschitzke = Potentially elite ruck/forward potential is crap word. Kosi is average at best and has NEVER been anyywhere near being an elir ruckman,
Gehrig = Good for 60 goals if used properly Not this year. Gtrain could only kicka point for Casey against Tass. You are dreaming.
Milne = Quality small forward
Schneider = Quality goalkicking midfielder Yes..but not on the park.

C.Gardiner = Reliable medium marking forward

Hayes = Elite inside midfielder
Montagna = Quality midfielder
Harvey = Quality midfielder
Ball = Quality midfielder You have to kidding. Fantasing. watch tonights tape againt and you will not that virtually every disposal...the few he gained...were poor IF he ever gets fit again...maybe....

Dal Santo = Potentially elite midfielder Not on present form. He is a front runner who beats poor oppostion but is fond out against good opponents. that is not eliet...or anywhere near it.

Hudghton, S.Fisher, Goddard outstanding defenders. Though BJ is still coming back..

Our list is far superior to Collingwood, North Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney who are all doing much better than us Far superior. You are dreaming sunshine...Bally at present cannot give off tye ball effectively and Dal cannot be competent tags. .

We have too many guys that cannot play near their "potential" week in...week out.

Potential is a dirty word at the Saints.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Gehrig = Good for 60 goals if used properly Not this year. Gtrain could only kicka point for Casey against Tass. You are dreaming.
I agree that he never had any chance of kicking 60 goals this year at St Kilda, but put him in a decent team with a skilled midfield and he would be fine. His current game is pretty muh identical to anything he's produced since 2006. It's just that our midfield gives him no good delivery and Koschitzke has also been crammed into the crowded forward line.

The only game Fraser has played in this year where our midfield has truly had control was against Carlton, and he kicked 4.1. I'm not calling for him to be brought into the side (our game plan and structure render him useless), but I don't think he's done anything to warrant the criticism.

And somehow I doubt Fraser put in a huge amount of effort in the VFL.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

another wasted year ...

sh*t brand of footy we are playing will get us nowhere

when we finally start moving it a bit qucker into the forward line we look to kick it to Reiwoldt when he is double or triple teamed, or kick it high to Milne !.

We are just plain dumb when we go forward.

will not make the top 8 again this year.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

We are a joke!!!!...just not a funny one, unfortunately.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Gehrig = Good for 60 goals if used properly Not this year. Gtrain could only kicka point for Casey against Tass. You are dreaming.
I agree that he never had any chance of kicking 60 goals this year at St Kilda, but put him in a decent team with a skilled midfield and he would be fine. His current game is pretty muh identical to anything he's produced since 2006. It's just that our midfield gives him no good delivery and Koschitzke has also been crammed into the crowded forward line.

The only game Fraser has played in this year where our midfield has truly had control was against Carlton, and he kicked 4.1. I'm not calling for him to be brought into the side (our game plan and structure render him useless), but I don't think he's done anything to warrant the criticism.

And somehow I doubt Fraser put in a huge amount of effort in the VFL.
The GTrain of 2008....is not the 2006 version...

There is room for 2 big forwards and not 3.....GTrain is third in the queue behind Roo and Kosi... He is no dud by any means, but there are two better options than him and for the best structure you only want two permanent tall forwards.

roo at presnt is far superior to the other two. Kosi is by no means tearing it up, but he is playing better football than the Gtrain, and his ability to be thrown into the ruck (where admittedly he is not the best), or down back occasionally makes him more versatile. Gtrain is essentially a one postion player at present. So Kosi gets the nod.

Our opponents of 2008....are not the 2006 teams.....today's opposition teams exploit forwards who cannot exert forward pressure. If you play both Kosi and GTrain forward you give a large advantage to opposition teams in their rebound.

PS... For games where the opposition ruck stocks are poor there is the option of rucking Kosi and the GTrain pplaying asa FF. But Kosi against quality rucks is not going to be a pretty sight.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SuperSaint
Club Player

devil saint wrote:Lenny Hayes is our only quality midfielder and I have good feelings about Armitage's potential. Montagna serviceable but too slight - gets thrown off the ball easily. Others have too many weaknesses in their game.
(Harvey exempt from this analysis because he has given everything every time he has put on a St Kilda jumper).

That does sum up well the reality of our midfield at this point in time. The proof is in their performances to date. No excuses for last night's performance. :roll: