just to be different

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

just to be different

To be different from a few posters on here I wont be:

(1) Demanding that Lyon be sacked The guy has a contract. Give him some support.

(2) Staying away from the games. Win or lose I'll be there barracking for the club!

(3) Giving our opponents comfort by turning my frustration at results into attacks on the club

I WILL be:

(1) Renewing my membership for 09 ASAP for next season!

(2) Turning up for every game I can (barring 'flu of course!)

Hope to see all you other "tragics" up on the MW satdee!
The Jiggster is......BACK!!! :D :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And rightfully so.

Now, ladies and gentleman, THAT is a true supporter.

Unlike others who go to Essendon or don't renew their memberships because they don't like the coach or want to punish a president who is no longer there.

Petition that one!!

Great stuff Jiggster.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Hear, hear Jiggster.

A voice of reason from an equally as passionate member as those foretelling doom and gloom.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

just to be different

:shock: I know!! I'm an awkward sod but I just cant be bothered joining in the doom and gloom ..SORRY :cry: :wink:
There's only one alternative to being hopeful..and I'm not about to go there!!!!!! :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

God bless ya jiggster...i thought all the self-pity on here since Sat night might have scared you away...but like a TRUE supporter (note that word support) you have come back

See ya on the MW Sat'dee !!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

post of the year

We need to be out there in force against the tigers, lets go 4-3!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
JT
Club Player

(3) hoping like hell we beat Richmond

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: just to be different

thejiggingsaint wrote:To be different from a few posters on here I wont be:

(1) Demanding that Lyon be sacked The guy has a contract. Give him some support.

(2) Staying away from the games. Win or lose I'll be there barracking for the club!

(3) Giving our opponents comfort by turning my frustration at results into attacks on the club

I WILL be:

(1) Renewing my membership for 09 ASAP for next season!

(2) Turning up for every game I can (barring 'flu of course!)

Hope to see all you other "tragics" up on the MW satdee!
The Jiggster is......BACK!!! :D :lol:
Good on you JS. Not wanting to argue with your dedication or support. But optimism can be blind. The brand of footy we're playing is crap, doesn't matter how much you love the Saints. there aint no way round that.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:God bless ya jiggster...i thought all the self-pity on here since Sat night might have scared you away...but like a TRUE supporter (note that word support) you have come back

See ya on the MW Sat'dee !!!!!
+11ty billion :)

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

That's the spirit !

Well said mate. :D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Onya Jigster! 100% on the money! :D :wink:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

:?

i will still pay my membership i will still bleed red white and black but i cant ignore the gloom of this season so far ... if we are to beat the tigs we need to lift a hell of a lot more

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

just to be different

:? "blind optimism"?? Being an optimist does NOT mean I have to enjoy losing or that I'm happy with the gameplan. PLEASE don't think I just rock up like a good little kiddie and take me medicine ready to come back for more (and happy to do so :roll: )
But for the life of me I cannot see what good ever came from simply repeating here on this forum what the media hacks and St Kilda haters WANT to see us saying about the club.
I was GUTTED and ANGRY after the Bulldogs game. I am GUTTED and ANGRY after the Port game but I'm not going to ring SEN and give any of our opponents out there a shred of comfort or assistance in their unholy crusade against my beloved club. I will make my criticisms known to those in power privately and in a considered and courteous manner.
dont confuse my belief in my club with acceptance of poor results or efforts.
However, I believe that I need to ask myself "What can I do?" and all I can do is to renew my efforts to lift our spirits and to barrack my bloody head off this satdee when we play dem tigers!!! :x
Be of good heart folks! and get behind your club! They need us and our support NOW more than ever!!!
(God I love this club!!!!)
DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM YOU SAINTERS!! :D
Dave
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Mon 28 Apr 2008 8:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote::? "blind optimism"?? Being an optimist does NOT mean I have to enjoy losing or that I'm happy with the gameplan. PLEASE don't think I just rock up like a good little kiddie and take me medicine ready to come back for more (and happy to do so :roll: )
But for the life of me I cannot see what good ever came from simply repeating here on this forum what the media hacks and St Kilda haters want to see us saying about the club.
I was GUTTED and ANGRY after the Bulldogs game. I am GUTTED and ANGRY after the Port game but I'm not going to ring SEN and give any of our opponents out there a shred of comfort or assistance in their unholy crusade against my beloved club. I will make my criticisms known to those in power privately and in a considered and courteous manner.
However, I believe that I need to ask myself "What can I do?" and all I can do is to renew my efforts to lift our spirits and to barrack my bloody head off this satdee when we play dem tigers!!! :x
Be of good heart folks! and get behind your club! They need us and our support NOW more than ever!!!
Dave
just because it was worth repeating

Go Jiggster
Go saints

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

just to be different

:? Will this get me a beer on satdee? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote::? "blind optimism"?? Being an optimist does NOT mean I have to enjoy losing or that I'm happy with the gameplan. PLEASE don't think I just rock up like a good little kiddie and take me medicine ready to come back for more (and happy to do so :roll: )
But for the life of me I cannot see what good ever came from simply repeating here on this forum what the media hacks and St Kilda haters want to see us saying about the club.
Dave

Go Jiggster
Go saints
and again!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

satchmo wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Dave

Go Jiggster
Go saints
and again!
Now that is the post of the year. Good on ya awesome, its how the real supporters feel.

Before Im 85
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote::? Will this get me a beer on satdee? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It would be my honour and pleasure to buy you one Dave...except that Eastern insists that he is the ONLY one who pays for drinks pre-game :-)

Can you get there in sufficient time to wander round to Livewire so we can drink it out of a proper glass in civilised surroundings?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

just to be different

:? "livewire"? Not sure if they let seniors like me in to these joints? :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Trust me..if they let Eastern and Joffaboy in Jiggster....you will be made MOST welcome!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
yipper
SS Life Member

But for the life of me I cannot see what good ever came from simply repeating here on this forum what the media hacks and St Kilda haters WANT to see us saying about the club.
Dave
That's what being a supporter is. Great stuff Dave.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Superboot
SS Life Member

Well Dave, you and I and a few others here may well have a "Nil satis nisi optimum" approach to following our team, but it doesn't mean that we stop supporting whoever happens to be wearing the colours on any given weekend.

So, well said.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote: Now, ladies and gentleman, THAT is a true supporter.
Unlike others who go to Essendon or don't renew their memberships because they don't like the coach or want to punish a president who is no longer there.
WTF???
went to essendon?.
are u saying that someone here actually changed from supporting the saints to being an essendon supporter?...because of on field performance and not liking the coach?
you are friggin kidding surely?
please tell me thats not true..... :shock: :o :o :o :o :o