Runners

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jill
Club Player

Runners

Twice in 1st half Rich runner impeded play to detriment of StKilda-1 resulted in goal. Why did NO umpire take action - thought this meant a free kick. The 2nd time virtually meant saints player shepherded from play - think it was X or Raph.

suss
Club Player

This will be spoken about during the week - no doubt about it. I coudn't work out whether it was their runner or ours but it almost resulted in a smashed TV at our place. If it was ours he needs a kick in the pants, if it was theirs a clear cut case of shepparding was going on.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm, didn't notice that, I will look out for it whenever i get around to watching the replay...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Runners

jill wrote:Twice in 1st half Rich runner impeded play to detriment of StKilda-1 resulted in goal. Why did NO umpire take action - thought this meant a free kick. The 2nd time virtually meant saints player shepherded from play - think it was X or Raph.
At the game I certainly noticed on one occassion where the Richmond runner was in the way....and effecticely blocked the ability of one Saint to pass to another saint.

I know he was a Richmond runner as I watched who he ran to afterwards..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintDal
Club Player

Re: Runners

saintsRrising wrote:
jill wrote:Twice in 1st half Rich runner impeded play to detriment of StKilda-1 resulted in goal. Why did NO umpire take action - thought this meant a free kick. The 2nd time virtually meant saints player shepherded from play - think it was X or Raph.
At the game I certainly noticed on one occassion where the Richmond runner was in the way....and effecticely blocked the ability of one Saint to pass to another saint.

I know he was a Richmond runner as I watched who he ran to afterwards..
Yeah saw this on TV. Commentators didn't even mention it.

Didn't know whether to be mad or not because I wasn't sure if it was our runner.