Geez we were lucky

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Geez we were lucky

Steve Milne 7 goals. But all his 7 goals were luck.

You just ask all the sad sacks and gloomy defeatists on here.

Everything we did last night was lucky.

We were lucky to kick stright (17.8), we were lucky to be in front most of the night (Richmonds biggest lead was 7 points all night).

Most of all we were just lucky when we lost Roo, and X and Bakes, and Had Goose and others playing injured, got down by 7 points to a fully fit and up Richmond early in qtr4.

We were then even luckier for lucky Steven Milne to luckily kick three lucky goals and then we were lucky that our 19 man team held out a 22 man team.

Anybody ever heard - A GOOD TEAM MAKES IT OWN LUCK

How about praising the team for the courage they showed?

How about acknowledging that we WON the FLIPPING game - Richmond didn't lose it.

We were lucky?

bulls***!!!!!!!!!!!!

RICHMOND WERE LUCKY WE DIDN'T HAVE OUR FULL TEAM ON FOR THE ENTIRE GAME OR WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 6 GOALS.

Sick of you boorish negative sad sacks.

You can all go and wallow in your cesspit of misery. Sad bastards :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Richter
SS Life Member

Re: Geez we were lucky

joffaboy wrote: RICHMOND WERE LUCKY WE DIDN'T HAVE OUR FULL TEAM ON FOR THE ENTIRE GAME OR WE WOULD HAVE WON BY 6 GOALS.
And I would have come home $187.50 richer too. :? :wink:

Yes, I am one of the sad sacks. Not in my nature, hopefully will cheer up over the next fortnight. Already looking forward to the Collingwood game! Then Brisbane.....

....... seriously looking forward we have at least a 50-50 shot in most every game until round 16 vs Hawthorn (prob underdogs vs Bris and Dogs) - how would that be - 10-5 going into the final 7 games of the year?

Is that an improved amount of optomism for you jb? :D :wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Great post, I don't think that there was any real luck involved with the win, i was hoping for a much bigger win over them but they are a good side nowadays (not top 8 good, but not bad) they would have challenged most teams (especially if they were down 3 men).
IMO it was a very hard fought, well deserved and pleasing win, what makes it better for me is that we still have a long way to go before we play our best footy.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
milney044
Club Player

While I'm not entirely pleased with they way we've been playing, that was a really hard fought game last night against an up and coming richmond side full of confidence. The only team to steal points from the dogs this year.
The good thing is we're winning games with several players down on form, if we can only have a game with 0-1 passengers we might finally click. There are signs we're on the right track, losing the clearances is probably the biggest concern however i thought Ball, Harvs and Dal all played a major part in our win last night. Lenny also stood up big time in the last when it mattered.

Right now it seems Geelong and Hawks are miles ahead, but we're only 1/3 of the way through the season, it's AFL, anything is possible.
some of you are right, if we'd lost last night i would have been destraught, but we won.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

We're 5th.

And we've played Geelong, the Buldogs and Sydney.

We've won 4 and lost 3.

We're playing without confidence, and don't really have anyone in really good form.

Yet we're in the 8.

We have injuries.

But we've beaten a team in the 8, and just beaten a team who drew with the Dogs and pushed the Hawks.

Now, to last night....

Milne showed leadership when it got tight.

We beat a team who has been described by several people in the football world over the past fortnight as a really good running side.

We gutsed out a win after losing 3 players to injury and having more carrying injuries.

We fought back after losing the lead twice. When was the last time we did that? It seems like an eternity.

We 'manufactured' goals when we needed them.

I actually think we're turning the corner. We have talent to burn. A great list that in terms of football ability, is actually better than I thought.

We're winning games without taking risks and having confidence. That to me, is a really good sign.

Richter
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:We're winning games without taking risks and having confidence. That to me, is a really good sign.
Yes, and no. It's been such a long time since we consistently played with any risktaking, confidence or self-belief that many are wondering if it will ever come back for this group! If it doesn't come back over the next 3 months that'll be another season down the poop-shoot.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

milney044 wrote:While I'm not entirely pleased with they way we've been playing, that was a really hard fought game last night against an up and coming richmond side full of confidence. The only team to steal points from the dogs this year.
The good thing is we're winning games with several players down on form, if we can only have a game with 0-1 passengers we might finally click. There are signs we're on the right track, losing the clearances is probably the biggest concern however i thought Ball, Harvs and Dal all played a major part in our win last night. Lenny also stood up big time in the last when it mattered.

Right now it seems Geelong and Hawks are miles ahead, but we're only 1/3 of the way through the season, it's AFL, anything is possible.
some of you are right, if we'd lost last night i would have been destraught, but we won.
Thats a surprise you post in a praising Milney thread :wink:

Before Im 85
milney044
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:
milney044 wrote:While I'm not entirely pleased with they way we've been playing, that was a really hard fought game last night against an up and coming richmond side full of confidence. The only team to steal points from the dogs this year.

Thats a surprise you post in a praising Milney thread :wink:
haha, well, you wouldnt have seen me around much last week, thought i'd just avoid the crap instead of getting worked up. :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

...three points the other way and we would have been classed as 'unlucky' by exactly the same people that didn't think any luck resulted in our win last night..

Ironic.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The more the day proceeds the happier I'm feeling :D We won!!! hehehe

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Carl Mynott
Club Player

A win is a win but that was nothing to write home about..........

The Collingwood game on Friday night ,16th May ,should be an interesting game with what now seems like a patched up team....

Goose is going to be sidelined for sometime with an injured foot and Ross Lyon was on radio this afternoon talking up McEvoy and Allen.....

He also said the Saints are struggling in the midfield.......

The more things change the more they stay the same
my les foote
Club Player

Great post JB.

All I read on here yesterday was how we were smashed in the ruck, smashed in the centre, our defense was shyte and our forward structure just didn't work.

I had to go back and check the scores a few times, to see if we had actually won.

Win it for HIM!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Very gutsy win 19 vs 22 is a huge deficit these days....especially losing Nick in the 2nd Q. Hanging on in the last Q was a great effort, and Milne's effort very welcome.
Having said that the hard ball get stats and clearances suggest we got out of jail bigtime....Ball, Hayes, Montagna, Baker, Hayes, Harvey and Dal Santo were all uninjured, but most were obviously beaten by their opponents...this is the concern as it has been all season. Tigers are dangerous, but we're supposed to be a class above.
King and Max will be welcome returns after the break.
Can't see a future for G-train.

Nee!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Richmond - 75 more possessions, 35 more contested possessions

Lucky we've got a bunch of really hard-working, proud players who can get us over the line under one-dimensional, uninspiring coaching.