Simmonds' downfield goal...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Simmonds' downfield goal...

Can anybody recall a softer goal ever being gifted to a side? Birss did nothing that doesn't happen a thousand times a game and the maggot in his infinite wisdom decides that Richmond should be awarded a free kick at point blank range. Stuff Wallace and his bleating about the clock...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Very good point.The replay showed Birss didn't do anything wrong. Got to get rid of the 50m penalty, too many soft goals from too many stupid umpiring decisions

Another opportunity awaits!
Ice Wolf
Club Player

If anything Birss should have got a free. He was staying with his man, McMahon ran into him.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:If anything Birss should have got a free. He was staying with his man, McMahon ran into him.
4 week penalty to birss.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah also I cant hear any comments why Lenny didnt get a 50 when he was crashed into in the dying minutes, that 50 is paid 9 times out of 10.

Before Im 85
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

That soft goal to Simmonds was infuriating but the worst "non" decision was when Richo blantantly pushed BJ in the back to take a mark and then goal in the last quarter.

Stop bleating Wallace.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
milney044
Club Player

I hate coaches who complain about stuff like that. Geez it's no one but the richmond players fault that they cant convert shots from 30 out directly in front :roll: open your eyes Terry, nothing to do with the shot clock and if you actually take a look Jack Riewoldt was set on taking that shot on goal before the siren sounded.
Back to the topic, i am so over these pathetic little umpires and their need to take unneccesary control over games. There was absolutely nothing in the Birss incident but the umps continue to have the need to make themselves bigger than the game and pay rediculously random free kicks.
And get rid of the 50m penalty, just take a look at Friday nights game and count the number of cheap goals.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

That free kick awarded against Birss should see that cabbage sent back to the vegetable garden, FAIR DINKUM,

as for Vozzo not allowing advantage to be paid, when Hayes picked up the ball and ran into an open goal, as Riewoldt was being slammed into the ground, FAIR DINKUM, absolutely no feel for the game, same with the other advantage that wasn't paid, luckily on that occasion we still got the goal,

in both instances the natural course of events saw us with a clear advantage, but these laterally challenged, dong bongers and goat scrote chokers, penalize the team that has been infringed against, not the team doing the infringing,

these derriere dipping, willy whipping, todger tugging, rodger rubbing bone monkeys even had to interfere with the coin toss, demanding a second go at it, even after both captains had the thing done and dusted,

FAIR DINKUM,

no umpire should gain registration with the AFL unless they are 8 inches plus

these small dick, in need of a string and brick, dumb hick, weasel wick's are destroying the game

Seriously that johnson jangling, wrist wrangler who awarded the free kick down field against Birss, should not only be sent back to the country league and de-registered as an AFL umpire, he should also be, stripped naked, tied to a tree adjacent to a bullant nest and covered head to toe in maple syrup,

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Welcome back Barks :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

I'm curious on why the free kick was paid where the ball was. Understandable if they actually had the ball but it was a free kick outside of the actual play. Therefore it has always been paid back where the free happened.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Back in form eh Barks? :wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

oops, just realised that cabbage Vozzo didn't actually umpire our game and got him mixed up with lettuce Kennedy, anyways, I'm sure cabbage Vozzo taught him everything he doesn't know, it get's confusing when they all look the same

FAIR DINKUM CABBAGES

appropriately wearing green

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

umpiring is getting bad to the point where i dont want to watch fooball games anymore..it is so frustrating that tears almost stream from my eyes as i watch how bad football has become.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:I hate coaches who complain about stuff like that. Geez it's no one but the richmond players fault that they cant convert shots from 30 out directly in front :roll: open your eyes Terry, nothing to do with the shot clock and if you actually take a look Jack Riewoldt was set on taking that shot on goal before the siren sounded.
FFS its NOT Basketball and it's SHOT ATGOAL!!

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:
milney044 wrote:I hate coaches who complain about stuff like that. Geez it's no one but the richmond players fault that they cant convert shots from 30 out directly in front :roll: open your eyes Terry, nothing to do with the shot clock and if you actually take a look Jack Riewoldt was set on taking that shot on goal before the siren sounded.
FFS its NOT Basketball and it's SHOT ATGOAL!!
I thought Richmond were playing basketball.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

It wasn't a 50 metre penalty.

It was a stupid free kick for a supposed block off the ball, that (even if it was and it wasn't) had no bearing whatsoever on the game, paid by a green maggot, who obviously thought he was not getting enough prime time coverage.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
jill
Club Player

NOT THE BIRRS 50M PEN! - CAN ANYONE SHINE A LIGHT ON WHAT THE FREE TO SIMMONDS WAS FOR IN 2nd Q IN FWD POCK -WAS A GOAL - SURROUNDED BY tIG SUPPS - THEY WERE LAUGHING AT THE "GIFT"!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Jill, I've just watched the replay of it (finally) and I am absolutely gob-smacked.
The free kick was paid for a 'block' by Birss in the middle of the ground.
The replay shows Birss, with his back to the play, and McMahon putting a 'headlock' on him.

Birss never actually ran in front of his opponenet because McMahon ran between them to 'lay' the 'headlock'.

An absolute shocker of a decision that deserves to be highlighted because of the repurcussions (a goal 100 meters away).