Grant Thomas was right

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

*sigh*

How... expected.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I can't stop yawning Barks. You really are boring in regards to this! :? Give it a break.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
barks4eva wrote:I blame Ross Lyon
You will barks, you will! 8-)
:lol: :lol:

Actually I disagree with many things that Lyon has done already, for example appointing Riewoldt as captain ahead of Lenny Hayes, IMHO a BIG MISTAKE.

Hayes should have been made captain, it took Lyon 28 games to drop Jason Blake, 28 games too late and no doubt, he'll come straight back in as the next solution :roll:

yeah, like that's "forward" thinking

bit in his defence he is teaching the players some defensive structures which would be akin to them, having just left kinda after five and a half years under Thomas, so you can't expect them to grasp things, right from the get go

but notwithstanding, the fact that recruiting is the lifeblood of any footy club and for that matter most organizations and any "decade of success mantra" with the ship finally coming in, is ONLY going to float, IF YOU DO NOT STUFF UP YOUR RECRUITING

The Grant Thomas football department of five and a half years has set the St.Kilda Football Club back, five and a half years, that's the net result

You simply cannot afford to not continually blood new talent, develop the list and ignore rookies.

We do not now have the players to take us the whole way without introducing some new kids to freshen things up a bit.

This is my biggest beef so far with Lyon has he seems to me, to be shackled into a holding pattern as the general perception is or at least was, that our list is great or at the very least, very good.

We are no more than a mid table combination UNLESS we start playing players and I'm talking about your McEvoy's, your Allen's, your Ferguson's, your Geary's, your Steven's etc...keep playing your Armitage's, promote your Eddy's, which we now can do and look to the future.

This is the quickest way forward, we don't have the team to take us all the way if we don't look deeper to the newer blood.

But at the end of the post, he hasn't even coached 30 games yet and already desciples of GT "the leading authority on all things AFL" want to crucify him, it was 86 games with Thomas, before I said boo.

the sooner we realize or more importantly Ross Lyon realizes that we need to blood the kids the better.

I hate to see any St.Kilda player get injured, but in the end it might force Lyon's hand to make changes or perhaps he's been cornered into pandering to the myth that this current team can mount a serious challenge without the inroduction of fresh new younger kids and been pressured to toe the line to some degree.

whatever the case might be, the time is now, play the kids and that includes 24 yo Ferguson on the forwardline where he played all of his junior football, never been played there for St.Kilda, might be worth a try, before you just say, hit the road jack

But whatever the case I'm prepared to give someone a fair dinkum go, at least until I get them pinned as a parasite.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

FAIR DINKUM B4e...

Maybe you should just stick to the obvious ....

Like your conspiracy theory in just why was Lyon was lected as our coach...

That surely has more bearing on the issue instead of dragging up your "anti GT theme"

So now then...

How is RIX ROCS RUCKS going???

I gather you still have NEVER seen him playing for the scorps???

I really miss your RUCKS TO ADVANTAGE COMMENTS.....

SO in your opinion does RIX RUX ROCKS!!!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St.Kenny
Club Player

You were very quiet on this site last week after Milnes game against Port Adelaide. Oh, I get it,,,your like one of those gamblers who only spouts on about their one or two winning horses and forgets to mentioin the multitude of duds they have backed over the years....as they say in the classics ......................
'Its the empty drum which makes the loudest noise'

You've gone awfully quiet on the Rix issue we have noticed.
Why dont you start another thread promoting his rucking prowess and see how you go ?

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
The Doc
Club Player

Re: Grant Thomas was right

barks4eva wrote:Milne is useless, should have traded him, if Thomas was still here Milne would be long gone and we wouldn't have to put up with his insipid efforts.

damn you Lyon for taking him off the trade table

and damn you Lyon for playing him in the forwardline

we all know Milne is a midfielder, why would you even think of playing him anywhere other than there

Milne is a liability and we have Lyon to blame for him still being here, Thomas had him gone already

FAIR DINKUM

Didn't Grant Thomas make the decision to keep Milne and trade away a guy called Brent Guerra a few years ago? Who would you rather have now?

You can't say it's Lyon's fault he's still here when we had the chance to be rid of Milne years ago.

2010 has a nice ring to it.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Milne is useless, should have traded him, if Thomas was still here Milne would be long gone and we wouldn't have to put up with his insipid efforts.

Lyon was not at the club when Milne was removed from trade talks. The board removed him from negotiations.

GT was seeking a pick between 18-26 for a specific player trade. (the pick from Essendon)

Didn't happen.

Not worth waiting 18 months to post a thread of #44 support either.

He's been playing well for a while.
GT stated publicly, that Milne would be traded.
Lyon got to the club mid trade week. the first thing he did was take milne off the 'trade table'.

NeXus James

we all know Milne is a midfielder, why would you even think of playing him anywhere other than there

Milne is a liability and we have Lyon to blame for him still being here, Thomas had him gone already

FAIR DINKUM
You really are a tool B4E. Just because Milne kicked 7 goals that makes GT wrong does it? :roll: :roll: Let me know when he does it again.

asiu

milne went to gt and asked if he could have a go with the mids

its on the record

besides that , good to see you back from holidays hawthorn boy

st paddy
Club Player

FAIR DINKUM
Can one of the mods please explain how this post is not considered to be spam?

Surely the act of posting the same thing over and over again is spamming?

Please can this be clarified?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

FAIR DINKUM
FFS get over it barks and try and move on.

It's 2008, not 2006.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Red
Club Player

He's never coming back - you need to move on.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Based on Bolt4Eva's calls over the past few years, I'm pretty confident of where we're at right now....

Rix to be AA ruckman
Saints to win the 2007 flag - mark his words!
Saints to win the 2008 flag - mark his words!
We have the best list in the league, his grandma could coach it to the top 4
Rod Butterss is the best president there is!
Our list was more advanced and better than Geelong's
Ross Lyon is 'the real biscuit' and a brilliant coach

So, when we now read that our list is terrible, we're slow and need to play the kids, it's pretty safe to assume that our list is great, we're are in fact speedy and we should stick with our mature players.
Looks like we'll also win the flag this year.

Keep 'em coming Bolt4Eva, your football wisdom is really something to behold!!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Give me more money, I want not only $100,000 in hush money, I also want $170,000 for holiday pay even though I signed a stat dec stating I wasn't owed any holiday pay, but that's just a minor detail, I want more, give me more, yeah I know I said I'd never do anything to hurt the St.Kilda Football Club, but they only paid me a bit over 2.5 million dollars for my services, well actually Rod and I decided to pay me that, but that's beside the point, I'll sue these ..........take them to court and try and bleed as much as I can off their bottomline, to line my own pockets, afterall a man's gotta buy petrol for his car otherwise you end up holding up traffic in the middle of Bay St.

How's May 14 in the case Grant Thoms v The St.Kilda Football Club looking, is it still on?

Looking more forward to this than I am of actually going to a game.

Shaggy
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

FAIR DINKUM

It's 2008, not 2006.
The problem is GT was right about Rixy and it exposed B4 as the twaddle peddler we all know today. B4 will never forgive him.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

FAIR DINKUM

It's 2008, not 2006.
The problem is GT was right about Rixy and it exposed B4 as the twaddle peddler we all know today. B4 will never forgive him.
GT has been proven to be correct on many things and made Bolt4Eva, Nuflon and a fair few others look very stupid in the process.

Now all we see is spin and deflection from them.

It's very funny. Very funny indeed.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

"I'm sure the pub is over there"

Milne is still....

The

Best

Small

Forward

In

The

Comp.

If we had of let him go, he would be kicking 30-60 goals for someone else.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
hotdish
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: How's May 14 in the case Grant Thoms v The St.Kilda Football Club looking, is it still on?

Looking more forward to this than I am of actually going to a game.
That is very sad Barks. I think it illustrates that you have problems.

"The Grant Thomas football department of five and a half years has set the St.Kilda Football Club back, five and a half years, that's the net result"

He took the club from last to 2 preliminary finals - Ross Lyon has taken us to missing the finals altogether.

The Doc
Club Player

bigred wrote:Image

"I'm sure the pub is over there"

Milne is still....

The

Best

Small

Forward

In

The

Comp.

If we had of let him go, he would be kicking 30-60 goals for someone else.

The title of best small fwd in the comp should probably not be bestowed upon our little Milney. Simon Goodwin, Daniel Motlop and Paul Medhurst have all kicked more goals that Milne this year and his defensive pressure isn't in the same league as a Davey, Wonaeamirri, Rioli, etc.

If we had have let him go, he wouldn't be playing AFL now.

2010 has a nice ring to it.
hotdish
Club Player

Best small forward Milne? NO

Best crumber? Maybe, out of him, Betts... the days of the permanent crumber are over.

Contrary to what Barks reckons, most, if not all 'crumbers' these day play up to half forward and sometimes on the ball, like Campbell/Thomas from Kangas, Rioli from Hawks etc.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:
Contrary to what Barks reckons, most, if not all 'crumbers' these day play up to half forward and sometimes on the ball, like Campbell/Thomas from Kangas, Rioli from Hawks etc.
You'll find that all facts relating to footy are contrary to what Bolt4Eva reckons.

happy feet
Club Player

Milne

There is an old saying that you are only as good as your last performance. Steven Milnes last performance was a beauty, bagging seven goals and winning us the game. Credit should be given where it is due and Milne won us that last game against Richmond. Get off his case.

St.Kenny
Club Player

Oh lordy lordy this has become a site for 'Barkspam'. :cry:

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Oh lordy lordy this has become a site for 'Barkspam'. :cry:
Nah, just making the point for simpleton's such as yourself that if your messiah " the leading authority on all things AFL" was still coaching, then last saturday's team would not have included for starter's, Harvey, Milne and M. Gardiner, they would not now be St.Kilda players

think about it

things might not be hunky dory and peachy cream at the minute, but I shudder to think what an absolute mess we'd now be in, if Thomas was left to continue on, in the decline, he has sent us into

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

But he wasn't allowed to continue was he - so what's the issue?????

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!